Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
While I agree that there's no way of knowing what each leave voter wanted, and I can see an argument for a referendum with more detailed choices, it's disingenuous to pretend that voters believed what you've written.

So? People don't believe that, just as they didn't believe that leaving would mean WW3.

In any election where the result is close, you can claim that any one of the lies told by the winning side was responsible. Had remain won by a whisker, you could claim it was because they lied about the risk to our security.

No, I wouldn't claim that all voters believed all the claims I mentioned, but it's surely reasonable to assume that many did - and of course the suggestion that the dear old bus lie pushed Leave over the line didn't come from a disgruntled Remainer, it came from the Leave campaign general.

You're right - I'm sure that few people believed that leaving would cause WW3, any more than they thought remaining would make it likely that they would be blown up by a terrorist (copyright IDS I think) - but my main intention wasn't to compare each side's fibs. It was trying to make the point that any new referendum would be less cluttered by a fog of inaccurate propaganda. The propagandists wouldn't be able to get away with repeating what they did in 2016 (and because of that the side that lied the most in 2016 would presumably suffer the most in 2019).

D

Deleted member 2719

Petition.PNG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Every day closer to Brexit is a good day.I presume that means there aren't 10 EU countries with better employment rates,or 4 million youth employment places in the Reich?More fantasy EU propaganda.

Fantasy, you know a thing or two about that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did a simpleton write that petition?

Given the wonky grammar and sentence structure my money is on [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
the ballot paper is binding , time to accept that and the vote to leave , march 29th 2019, not long now
regards
DR

Legally it isn't for a referendum. Time to accept that. Parliament is sovereign.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
On the campaign trail, the famous £350m bus claim was made - Brexiteers don't like it being brought up but that was a claim, according to the director of the Leave campaign, that was (a) a lie and (b) sufficient to push Leave over the line.

If anyone should know, he would.
Ah, the bus.

thebus.jpg

So many times leavers intelligence has been called in to question on the thread. But when I read that I read, We send the EU £350 million a week. Let's fund our NHS instead. Vote Leave.

Too me, and excuse me because according a few here I'm a bit thick, that says, we send the EU £350 million week. (I don't if that figure was 100% correct, I presume its close), lets fund our NHS instead. Now, I don't know if our NHS needs and extra £350 million a week. Some of the waste you see go on, suggests it may not, but that's another argument. But it says to me, lets fund our NHS out of the money, not give £350 million week to the NHS (which as I said, it may not need).

Now had the bus had printed on it, We send the EU £350 million a week, lets send the NHS £350 million instead, I could see your argument, but I think the whole bus issue has been twisted to serve Remain purposes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ah, the bus.

View attachment 103004

So many times leavers intelligence has been called in to question on the thread. But when I read that I read, We send the EU £350 million a week. Let's fund our NHS instead. Vote Leave.

Too me, and excuse me because according a few here I'm a bit thick, that says, we send the EU £350 million week. (I don't if that figure was 100% correct, I presume its close), lets fund our NHS instead. Now, I don't know if our NHS needs and extra £350 million a week. Some of the waste you see go on, suggests it may not, but that's another argument. But it says to me, lets fund our NHS out of the money, not give £350 million week to the NHS (which as I said, it may not need).

Now had the bus had printed on it, We send the EU £350 million a week, lets send the NHS £350 million instead, I could see your argument, but I think the whole bus issue has been twisted to serve Remain purposes.

I can't recall the exact figures, but the £350 million was grossly exaggerated according to the National Audit Office, if I remember rightly.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Apparently the majority of Remainers would respect the outcome of a second vote :lolol:
Only if they win.

didntwin.jpg

Given the Chanel 4 Brexit poll last month was 54% to now remain, I think that was staggering. With all the negativity around Brexit, I would have though that would have been much much higher for remain.

In the real world, with real campaigns, and the fact so many remainders who now vote leave purely on democratic grounds, I would guess 60-70% would vote leave.

Not that it matters because I dont think there will ever be a second vote.

But lets say there was, and all the leavers forgot to vote (we are all as thick as shit according most remainers on here, so its possible) that would make it 1-1.

Could we have another vote if that happened, to too make it fair.... best of three like...

And if all the Brexiters we busy that day as well, beating up Muslims and forgetting being so hung over we couldn't work out how to open our doors to go to the polling station (based on NSC remainers views that we are all racist dickheads), and Remainers went 2-1 up, could we have another vote. Because it would only be fair, Brexit is 1-0 up, you want another vote, so surely a two point lead is needed to claim overall victory........

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I can't recall the exact figures, but the £350 million was grossly exaggerated according to the National Audit Office, if I remember rightly.
Maybe, but what I am saying is, to me, that does no say give £350 million to the NHS each week, as is being claimed by Remain. To me it reads, we send a lot of money to the EU, lets spend it how we want to spend it on ourselves.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe, but what I am saying is, to me, that does no say give £350 million to the NHS each week, as is being claimed by Remain. To me it reads, we send a lot of money to the EU, lets spend it how we want to spend it on ourselves.

I was purely answering the point you made about whether the figure was correct....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ve heard it all today remain LBC at its finest. Hysterical remainers calling in their droves anyone would think the EU are paying their mortgage the way this lot were carrying on.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ah, the bus.

View attachment 103004

A good effort but the message the wording was intended to convey is crystal clear. That is why the director of Vote Leave was so proud of it. It was the lie that clinched his victory.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A good effort but the message the wording was intended to convey is crystal clear. That is why the director of Vote Leave was so proud of it. It was the lie that clinched his victory.
Claiming that the money was somehow promised to the NHS is (at best) 'a good effort'.

It was just a slogan from some of the leave campaigners. We knew that should leave win, the people responsible for that message wouldn't be running our country, so what happened next wouldn't be up to them anyway.

Some of the remainers continue to call those that disagree with them thick. When will they realise that this tactic really does them no good at all? Just throwing insults doesn't bring people round to your way of thinking. Instead you'd be better served highlighting the political and economic reasons behind your point of view, and hoping that's enough to sway the mood of the country enough to force a second referendum. Just insulting people won't work.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Claiming that the money was somehow promised to the NHS is (at best) 'a good effort'.

It was just a slogan from some of the leave campaigners. We knew that should leave win, the people responsible for that message wouldn't be running our country, so what happened next wouldn't be up to them anyway.

Some of the remainers continue to call those that disagree with them thick. When will they realise that this tactic really does them no good at all? Just throwing insults doesn't bring people round to your way of thinking. Instead you'd be better served highlighting the political and economic reasons behind your point of view, and hoping that's enough to sway the mood of the country enough to force a second referendum. Just insulting people won't work.

The message wasn't aimed at people that really understood it, it was aimed at a section of society that can vote but, quite frankly, don't know anything about the EU. Same in general elections when parties of both sides court the popular press. Not saying everyone that reads the Sun is stupid but enough to swing a vote! It's a case of the ends justify the means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here