Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just got in from Dinner and football has finished, so pissed and bored, i'll do my duty and update the tables -

Looks like [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] have made a very good bid to start a new European Super Premier League of Brexiteers, they are so far ahead of the rest :smile:

A change around in Div 1 as Westdene must be very disappointed with his 'if we do nothing, that means its 'no deal' doesn't it ?' post.

Div 1 - We Know what's Happening and it's not good so we'll score our whataboutism points where we can
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]

I quite liked GT49ers approach to the Bexiteers border and Trade problem 'I've no idea what to do, so what do you think we should do ?'. Extra points for originality of approach, but still a Brexit problem and maybe lost those gained points when he got International Trade negotiations and Whist mixed up.

Div 2 - JUST GET ON WITH IT (ie I don't know what to do, so just shout GET ON WITH IT!).
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]
[MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]
[MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]

Most disappointed with Giraffe. Explained when he first started playing a couple of days ago, that he only had to stay away from outright lies or stupid statements to hold his position in Div 2. Followed it up immediately with 'Norway/Sweden is the answer to the Ireland/NI border issue and my IT bloke says it will work - problem solved - next'. I'm afraid it's definitely Div 3. (Little tip - if you think the answer is really, really easy, you probably haven't understood the question :wink:)

And lastly, Two profs and pastawhatever continue their race to the bottom. Ppf has made a great improvement by simply posting less than usual.

Div 3 - Fantasists (Hard Brexit, No deal is better than a bad deal etc)
[MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]

Good luck over the next few days and it's all still to play for. Don't forget we are presenting our solution on the Border and Trade agreements to the EU on Friday, so there's points to be won :thumbsup:

Brilliant. My only concern is that you've arguably invested more brainpower in compiling this than those who feature in it have expended in their entire collective time on the planet...……...But we love 'em dearly. :bowdown:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just got in from Dinner and football has finished, so pissed and bored, i'll do my duty and update the tables -

Looks like [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] have made a very good bid to start a new European Super Premier League of Brexiteers, they are so far ahead of the rest :smile:

A change around in Div 1 as Westdene must be very disappointed with his 'if we do nothing, that means its 'no deal' doesn't it ?' post.

Div 1 - We Know what's Happening and it's not good so we'll score our whataboutism points where we can
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]

I quite liked GT49ers approach to the Bexiteers border and Trade problem 'I've no idea what to do, so what do you think we should do ?'. Extra points for originality of approach, but still a Brexit problem and maybe lost those gained points when he got International Trade negotiations and Whist mixed up.

Div 2 - JUST GET ON WITH IT (ie I don't know what to do, so just shout GET ON WITH IT!).
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]
[MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]
[MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]

Most disappointed with Giraffe. Explained when he first started playing a couple of days ago, that he only had to stay away from outright lies or stupid statements to hold his position in Div 2. Followed it up immediately with 'Norway/Sweden is the answer to the Ireland/NI border issue and my IT bloke says it will work - problem solved - next'. I'm afraid it's definitely Div 3. (Little tip - if you think the answer is really, really easy, you probably haven't understood the question :wink:)

And lastly, Two profs and pastawhatever continue their race to the bottom. Ppf has made a great improvement by simply posting less than usual.

Div 3 - Fantasists (Hard Brexit, No deal is better than a bad deal etc)
[MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]

Good luck over the next few days and it's all still to play for. Don't forget we are presenting our solution on the Border and Trade agreements to the EU on Friday, so there's points to be won :thumbsup:

Brilliant. My only concern is that you've invested more brainpower in compiling this than those who feature in it have expended in their entire collective time on the planet...……...But we love 'em dearly. :bowdown:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Disappointed at not being given a place in any division so will make a late rally.

If we end up getting a bad deal from Brexit then so will the EU and it will be lose/lose. Both sides want to win so it will end in a win/win

Well the EU certainly don't want to see us commit economic suicide as no-one would benefit from that (except JRM's career and investments - allegedly) so they will certainly extend our membership in 9 months time, but they will need to make it a far worse deal to ensure the other EU nations see the benefit of being in the EU.

Nice start, what division do you fancy ?

Div 2 is a nice, safe division. Don't tell lies or come out with ridiculously stupid statements and you're safe as houses and a nice place to build from. Indeed, if you like it there, don't try and come up with any solutions and just shout out varieties of 'it's the government's/Lords/Remoaners/EUs/MPs/BBCs fault', 'why are THEY stopping everything' (a nice catch all) and 'why don't they just get on with it' occasionally and you can see the season out there :thumbsup:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Someone else who clearly has no idea what's going on

[tweet]1011636382786314240[/tweet]

Put the ball on the other foot, offer Americans what we have now, but tell them they have to accept free movement from south America, what do you think they would say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Put the ball on the other foot, offer Americans what we have now, but tell them they have to accept free movement from south America, what do you think they would say.
Yep definitely the same situation.

Perhaps this map might help you work out why that comment is complete arsehattery:-

150.png

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Well the EU certainly don't want to see us commit economic suicide as no-one would benefit from that (except JRM's career and investments - allegedly) so they will certainly extend our membership in 9 months time, but they will need to make it a far worse deal to ensure the other EU nations see the benefit of being in the EU.

Nice start, what division do you fancy ?

Div 2 is a nice, safe division. Don't tell lies or come out with ridiculously stupid statements and you're safe as houses and a nice place to build from. Indeed, if you like it there, don't try and come up with any solutions and just shout out varieties of 'it's the government's/Lords/Remoaners/EUs/MPs/BBCs fault', 'why are THEY stopping everything' (a nice catch all) and 'why don't they just get on with it' occasionally and you can see the season out there :thumbsup:
Div 2 sounds fine but I can’t promise I won’t make a bid for promotion at some point. What a change to have a sensible negotiation that benefits both parties, if only that were the case............ :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Someone else who clearly has no idea what's going on

[tweet]1011636382786314240[/tweet]

I'm afraid that's the reality. Think this needs to be aired in the next meeting of cabinet

I'm sure Trump is thinking lets try and screw the UK while they're in disarray

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm afraid that's the reality. Think this needs to be aired in the next meeting of cabinet
It would need to be aired with all new 'in sand' technology. :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Extra points for originality of approach, but still a Brexit problem and maybe lost those gained points when he got International Trade negotiations and Whist mixed up.

You're the one who desperately started wittering on about whist, not me. Come to think of it, I never mentioned International Trade negotiations either.

Notice you haven't come up with any positive answers or suggestions about what the government should do yet. Still too busy sneering at others, eh?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It would need to be aired with all new 'in sand' technology. :lol:

If the Tories get this wrong it really be like Labour's winter of discontent but x10 worse

Sadly most of the public are turned off from Brexit now, its consumed everything for 2 years, they are disinterested, bored of the subject, and blind to what is really going on. Boredom though is a lot worse when you don't have a job

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm sure Trump is thinking lets try and screw the UK while they're in disarray

I will ask you the question, if the ball was on the other foot, would Americans except free movement of people from South America?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I will ask you the question, if the ball was on the other foot, would Americans except free movement of people from South America?

There are two very fundamental flaws in what I assume is your attempt at some sort of tough question (which I know you weren't asking me but hey ho, we're still a free country for now).

1. South America does not start at El Paso, there is a geographic gap between the USA and South America, which provides a much larger barrier than the English Channel does. It's called Central America.

2. Large swathes of South America are underdeveloped, and almost all of Central America is. The USA is by far the richest nation on the entire American continent, whereas Britain isn't the strongest economy within Europe which has a much higher level of development across the board. There is nowhere in the EU which compares to, say, Venezuela.

There is a third, less obvious, one in that effectively the USA has freedom of movement within itself. It is not a country in the same way most European nations are, it's almost a supranational entity in it's own right, more comparable to a fully federalised EU miles beyond the ambition of even the most ardent EU federalist. Each state has it's own effective head of state, legislature and court structure and these feed into the wider US Government in a way which is not comparable to the local politics of any nation in Europe. Sussex is not effectively self-governing and separated from Hampshire, but California is from Nevada.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

As others have pointed out there's a big difference between the countries of South America and the countries that make up The EU which is why your question is flawed. Perhaps a have a look at this compiled by The UN from a few of years back and see how many EU countries aren't listed as 'Developed.' - http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/policy/wesp/wesp_current/2014wesp_country_classification.pdf

An example closer to home - A few years ago we got rid of the working holiday visa to The UK and replaced it with the youth mobility scheme visa. Apart from British Citizens from our overseas territories, it's only open to 18-30 year old's from - Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan. I'm sure you can see what those countries have in common and why Pakistan, Bangladesh, Somalia or South American countries aren't included in that list.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Of course Americans wouldn’t give up control of immigration at its borders.
Neither would they be happy if their Supreme Court was no longer supreme or some law making abilities were lost away from Washington to Ottowa, Mexico City, Brussels or anywhere else. They can talk the talk, and by Christ don’t they, but they would never recommend to their own American people that its United States should join a political Union such as The EU, no matter where its geographical location is or what name it went by

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Neither would they be happy if their Supreme Court was no longer supreme or some law making abilities were lost away from Washington to Ottowa, Mexico City, Brussels or anywhere else. They can talk the talk, and by Christ don’t they, but they would never recommend to their own American people that its United States should join a political Union such as The EU, no matter where its geographical location is or what name it went by

And they also think the answer to too many guns is more guns.

D

Deleted member 22389

That's the truth of it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Germany only banned sex with animals a couple of years ago, we dont use that as a yardstick for the country or a reflection of Germans in general.
Poor effort Tubby at conflating different unconnected issues.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The President certainly does - plus a very large and powerful lobby group. You could safely bet your house, though, that there is no way those groups would sanction a one question, yes/no binding referendum on gun ownership. They could conceivably lose - 52%-48% maybe?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A really bright spot when we do a no-deal Brexit soon is the end of EU tariffs.Non-EU wines,many different food items from developing countries,childrens clothing and shoes,over 11,000 different tariffs imposed by the racist so-called free trading bloc.Bye Bye EU,and good riddance.Hope everybody is practising "F*** off Belgium,we all voted Leave" for tomorrow!:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That's the truth of it.

The United States is the worlds global super power. I appreciate some on the Brexit side, such as Farage and Hannan like to compare ourselves and other things to them, as they have done in sycophantic interviews on Fox News and the like since the Brexit vote (attacking The NHS among other things), but for any country to compare itself to The US on anything is such a pointless, flawed example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here