Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So bizarrely it looks like the rest of the EU implement the Freedom of Movement rules in a way that many Brexiteers would like, it's just that Britain chooses not too. Maybe some alingment on that issue would have prevented all this kerfuffle.

I think they try but then numerous appeals are made costing thousands and very few actually get removed

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The Tories really know how to bring their rebels on side don't they? Threaten to sue them

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...arliamentary-vote-eu-divorce-deal-tory-rebels

May isn't backing down on the meaningful vote, maybe she thinks she got enough votes tonight. I notice the Tories have brought back the racist whip Anne Marie Morris, suspended for 5 months for using the N...word

Her cronies just don't get it. The fact is a meaningful vote is about process and Parliamentary sovereignty MPs. They call a referendum, claim its validity, and then use Henry VIII powers to push it through.

Yet again, is this what getting our country back is about?

Taking back control ???

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would be tempted to use parliamentary privilege to give the whips a right slagging off if.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We can't impose on EU citizens anything that we don't do for citizens of any other country, we can treat them differently to UK citizens, just not worse than say Argentinians.
it doesnt even make sense that you'd apply the same rules as to EU Citizens as you would a non-EU citizen, what would be the point? the purpose of EU Citizenship is to treat all citizens from all members the same. with which i have no problem, i find it odd i have to explain this to a remainer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Tories really know how to bring their rebels on side don't they? Threaten to sue them

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...arliamentary-vote-eu-divorce-deal-tory-rebels

May isn't backing down on the meaningful vote, maybe she thinks she got enough votes tonight. I notice the Tories have brought back the racist whip Anne Marie Morris, suspended for 5 months for using the N...word

Her cronies just don't get it. The fact is a meaningful vote is about process and Parliamentary sovereignty MPs. They call a referendum, claim its validity, and then use Henry VIII powers to push it through.

Yet again, is this what getting our country back is about?

Dominic Grieve isn't backing down. The Government will probably have the numbers and the whips to help though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought so, and this is where I think we will move towards. It would be possible to agree to EU rules whilst tightening up our regulations which would address some of the concerns of Brexit voters. This would be our key to maintaining the benefits of the single maket and customs union. By enforcing all of the FoM criteria we would actually deliver the restrictions that many Brexiteers, whose main concern is immigration, want.

Oh, here we go again. The BBC (on Radio 5) broadcast a discussion programme on Brexit this morning, where all the members of the public invited were pro-Brexit. Unlikely for the BBC to do that, granted, but they did, and it was interesting to hear a debate on Brexit without any t.w,a.t.s screaming 'Racist' every other sentence. And guess what? Despite all remainers claiming to know what other people are thinking, the BBC found that when they got together a random group of leavers that immigration wasn't the main concern.

Of course, if you're a remainer, you will be incapable of believing that as it flies in the face of all your prejudices, but...........

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Dominic Grieve isn't backing down. The Government will probably have the numbers and the whips to help though.

Sounds like some real bullying going on with one MP reduced to tears. Nasty party in full throttle

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sounds like some real bullying going on with one MP reduced to tears. Nasty party in full throttle

Reports that some are staying in the chamber to keep away from the whips. Could be close, I still expect The Government to win though.

[tweet]940994846063579138[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bernard Jenkin urged his colleagues not to let her have the red face of a defeat as she goes to Brussels tomorrow too, but they didn't listen. :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here