Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Because it does not take 2 and a half YEARS for a government to form. It is utterly ridiculas to think opinion won't have shifted in that time especially with all the additional information.

Timeline is Immaterial because we know about the two year process of negotiations prior to the vote.
, i dont like the outcome of the election result, i want the election done again before Mr Corbyn can go to the palace and be asked to be prime minister and form a government.........seems fair enough wouldnt you agree

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Earlier today one or two of us made reference/posted links to the latest publication from Economists for Free Trade. In the interest of balance here's a link to the critique of an earlier iteration of their work. As I strongly suspect the model hasn't changed I would anticipate that the critique is applicable to today's version.

Health warning: this is pretty technical stuff.

http://cep.lse.ac.uk/pubs/download/brexit06.pdf

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
some others might have a say in any future leadership.
Sajid Javid is a good egg

View attachment 100486

Personally think Dominic Rabb would make the best PM out of the current Cabinet, no really.

Bit surprising saying that given his politics, but he has clearly got his head screwed on and is proving a conciliatory figure with regards to Brexit, which is exactly what we need.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Bullshit. It is completely different.

No it isnt, you just cant see it

Ok, put it this way: what is there to lose with another referendum?

Apart from a complete breakdown of trust in democratic accountability, parliament itself and the voting process you mean

If opinion is the same we carry on, if it has changed we follow the new opinion. Why is that a bad thing? A new vote less than 24 hrs after another won't yield a different result as opinions won't have changed.
Are you just scared public opinion is against brexit and you want to do it regardless?

An opinion and instruction has already been given,there is no requirement to give it again before we leave, if you want to rejoin the EU after we have left, knock yourself out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So on 8th May 2020 the result of the GE is the Tories forming a government - you don't like the result. You're suggesting another GE before the 5 year fixed term ?

How long between Cameron's win and Theresa's erosion of seats?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not since the fixed term rule. If parliament passes a vote of no confidence then fine - hold another GE - not because some voters think the result was wring though. The second referendum arguement is academic anyway - there's not enough time before the 29th March to hold it.

I am sure the EU wouldn't mind holding the door open for us.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Have [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] all been drinking together in the same pub all day today?

Possibly, but Two Profs is out onthe lash with Bryan Robson and the Waffen SS.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Scared then.
What is less democratic: enacting a 2 year old opinion or following the current will of the people? They could be the same or different but you would rather not check? That is some bullshit democracy you have there.

They’re absolutely petrified of a second referendum. I think they are worried about looking silly which is odd because it hasn’t worried them on here ! Hehe!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They’re absolutely petrified of a second referendum. I think they are worried about looking silly which is odd because it hasn’t worried them on here ! Hehe!

Why should there be 2nd referendum. its like we will keep going until we win. Barnier is starting to crack now anyway scared to lose the divorce money

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If brexit is the will of people they would not hesitate to have a second referendum. The fact they are so opposed to it speaks volumes.

It was the will of the majority in the 1st vote so no need for another. Just bad losers who keep bringing this up. Its like BHA replaying the cup final until they win ( although I would like that scenario )

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No it isnt, you just cant see it

Apart from a complete breakdown of trust in democratic accountability, parliament itself and the voting process you mean

An opinion and instruction has already been given,there is no requirement to give it again before we leave, if you want to rejoin the EU after we have left, knock yourself out.

pasta - do you still believe all this 'red line' 'brexit means brexit' bollox or are you just vulnerable as much as a Jacob Rees-Mogg equivalent can be?

Jan 30, 2008
If you go to a country outside the EU you NEED permission. We all know that.
Yes people work outside the eu. They had to get permission to do so and jump through all the nesicarry hoops.
Now, explain how that is more freedom than the current system...
pointless exercise , things change in life boy so deal with it , it's happening sooner rather than later
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here