Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Much to your disappointment I didn’t vote to leave the EU because of what the likes of Johnson and Co said, I made an informed choice after studying both sides of the argument and thoroughly researched before casting My vote, I do however expect the Prime Ministers of the day to deliver on what the say (repeatedly)on various media outlets.
I feel now that the establishment will thwart our withdrawal, great news for remain campaign, however, a tragedy for democracy, when remain voters finally stop crowing about this travesty I’m sure they will take a moment to finally realise what this all entails, the views of 17.4 million voters have been thrown in the bin.
Sad times..
Not on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you conducted your thorough research in order to come to the conclusion that 'WTO no deal' was your preferred option,

What did you think the impact and timescales would be of putting a border between NI and Ireland ?
What did your thorough research tell you were infrastructure, IT and staffing pre-requisites for our various ports and airports in order to trade under WTO ?
And what did your research tell you about the sorts of timescales that are typical of negotiating terms under the WTO ?

It's just that to the uninformed it could appear that you were told by some **** that it was a very simple question and whatever you wanted would be done. A few more ****s promised you 'the moon on a stick' and you chose that option without any research, even of your preferred option. Now that it is blindingly obvious that the 'moon on a stick' isn't and wasn't ever available and you were done up like a kipper, you are trying to blame everyone but the real culprits.

In case you've forgotten

image.jpg

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
You really don't have to be very bright to get into local government.

Didn't realise Boris is thinking of bridge between Scotland and NI, that is just quality

I think a certain individual standing in my local council election is proof of that :wink:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When you conducted your thorough research in order to come to the conclusion that 'WTO no deal' was your preferred option,

What did you think the impact and timescales would be of putting a border between NI and Ireland ?
What did your thorough research tell you were infrastructure, IT and staffing pre-requisites for our various ports and airports in order to trade under WTO ?
And what did your research tell you about the sorts of timescales that are typical of negotiating terms under the WTO ?

It's just that to the uninformed it could appear that you were told by some **** that it was a very simple question and whatever you wanted would be done. A few more ****s promised you 'the moon on a stick' and you chose that option without any research, even of your preferred option. Now that it is blindingly obvious that the 'moon on a stick' isn't and wasn't ever available, you are trying to blame everyone but the real culprits.

Take the US, currently 17% of our total trade is done with them under WTO rules underpinned with around 150 trade arrangements we currently enjoy under the EU umbrella.

Will it just be a cut and paste job or will Trump want to re-negiotiate ? I'm sure the Brextremists have thought it through...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You really don't have to be very bright to get into local government.

Didn't realise Boris is thinking of bridge between Scotland and NI, that is just quality

He dropped that particular nugget of shit some time ago, he is probably pissed off that someone remembers it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

On top of the weather aspect and the fact most of the sea up there is over 1000 feet deep, I read 1.5 million tons of munitions, including Phosgene, were dumped on the seabed at Beaufort Dyke between Scotland and Northern Ireland after WWII as well and for matters of national security the exact locations were never documented either.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think a certain individual standing in my local council election is proof of that :wink:

Would that be the individual, late of this parish, who had a strange fixation with the current weather 8 hours before kick off on a matchday and a problem with cyclists ? If so, I would assume that he isn't getting your vote ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Unbelievable arrogance from this Tory. :nono:
Ignorance of history and arrogance in the extreme.

[tweet]1070953937350598656[/tweet]

[tweet]1070969899693105153[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

has it come from the MP or journalist misreading some comment

and its nothing that hasnt been said before, that a no deal will do a great deal of harm to Ireland, primarily since they would be restricted from trading with the their major trading partner. i once thought that would be used as an excuse for EU arrive at a lenient deal, but here we are.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
has it come from the MP or journalist misreading some comment

and its nothing that hasnt been said before, that a no deal will do a great deal of harm to Ireland, primarily since they would be restricted from trading with the their major trading partner. i once thought that would be used as an excuse for EU arrive at a lenient deal, but here we are.

I am surprised the Irish haven’t been more supportive. As well as us being their major trade partner, around 80% of their exports to Europe go from Dover via shipping to Liverpool or Holyhead. A no deal would affect them massively.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am surprised the Irish haven’t been more supportive. As well as us being their major trade partner, around 80% of their exports to Europe go from Dover via shipping to Liverpool or Holyhead. A no deal would affect them massively.

Very much this.Maccy D's get their beef elsewhere,and Eire economy goes into freefall.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I read that in The Times this morning. The condescending, clueless, English Brexiteer ignorance, arrogance and indifference toward Ireland on Brexit is reflected on this thread too, not just by Priti Patel. Brexit is going to set relations back with Dublin by decades.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here