Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Today the '27' will be looking at and perhaps publicly responding to the UK proposals as presented by Raab yesterday. Let's see what they say ………………….Meanwhile Mrs May will be in N.Ireland playing the unionist card for all she's worth and looking tough.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yep the bullcrap will start to increase.The moaners will become angrier and angrier. They will be on you like a rash for even saying this. Expect it to get worse everytime a law regarding leave is enacted or a part of the withdrawal is agreed.

Take solace in the fact, right will win. Democracy will win the day, backed by parliament and we will leave the EU………it has to, the alternative will result in a constitutional chaos this country hasn’t witnessed since the puritans had a stab at it.

The trouble is it won’t stop there and there is no end in sight. After we leave the moaning will be ramped up even further so don’t expect a quiet life then

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Today the '27' will be looking at and perhaps publicly responding to the UK proposals as presented by Raab yesterday. Let's see what they say ………………….Meanwhile Mrs May will be in N.Ireland playing the unionist card for all she's worth and looking tough.
I actually think that the 27 may now be shitting themselves that a no deal is a possibility and all those comfortable pensions may be about to take a hammering

D

Deleted member 22389

Yep the bullcrap will start to increase.The moaners will become angrier and angrier. They will be on you like a rash for even saying this. Expect it to get worse everytime a law regarding leave is enacted or a part of the withdrawal is agreed.

Take solace in the fact, right will win. Democracy will win the day, backed by parliament and we will leave the EU………it has to, the alternative will result in a constitutional chaos this country hasn’t witnessed since the puritans had a stab at it.

Already on me lol.

D

Deleted member 22389

[

Which bit of the U.K. government’s emergency m contingency plans, stock piling and plans to advise British industry on the negative effects and impact of a hard Brexit should we ignore?

Ignore all of it, and just get on with your life. Things will get sorted.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Perhaps there comes a point when even the most stubborn ostrich takes his head out of the ground and looks up...………...

I think that's a rather forlorn hope, which you can already see evidence of this morning on here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[

Ignore all of it, and just get on with your life. Things will get sorted.

The equivalent of patting the little woman on the head, and telling her not to worry.

I care very much about politics, my country and its future. Don't patronise me, please.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
From The Times this morning:

Meanwhile it emerged that British officials had made a number of mistakes translating the white paper into other European languages as part of an EU-wide charm offensive — and failed to translate it into Gaelic at all.

According to the EurActiv website, the Estonian and Finnish version misspelt “Estonia” and “Finland” and the French version risked outright offence by translating “principled Brexit” as “un Brexit vertueux” which suggests that Brexit is a moral good. The Daily Telegraph reported that the German version invented compound verbs while the Dutch version was described in a leading newspaper as reading like something put through the “cheapest available” translation software.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The trouble is it won’t stop there and there is no end in sight. After we leave the moaning will be ramped up even further so don’t expect a quiet life then

:lol: I can live with their moaning after we have left.They can campaign to rejoin when the implementation is finished if they want. Its pretty much given rejoining will mean no more opt outs and a fast track to having the Euro as we will already meet the requirements to having it as required on all new members in the TEU treaty, remainers forget that just because existing countries dont meet the requirements to join the euro it doesnt absolve them from their treaty agreement to join it.

Can they really predict a rejoin win to an ever increasing federal Eurostate with confidence?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The equivalent of patting the little woman on the head, and telling her not to worry.

I care very much about politics, my country and its future. Don't patronise me, please.

If you really care about this political argument and your country why do you tell bullshit like we already control our EU borders or we already control all our laws or the ECJ is nothing to do with the EU.
Sounds like you only care about your opinion as defined by whoever is mis-informing you, if you cared about your own country or its politics you would be open to be proven wrong on your rubbish.......the fact you refuse to accept the lies you have been told are lies says you do not really care about the country as you have placed your opinion above reproach

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Constitutional chaos is project fear scaremongering.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

You expect people whose lives are made worse to shut up and not say anything?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The image of someone sleepwalking towards the edge of Beach Head humming 'There'll Always be an England' just popped into my mind...………….

imagine a person so arrogant that they believe anyone thinking a nation controlling its own laws,borders,courts and trade policy equates to someone sleepwalking towards the edge of Beach Head humming 'There'll Always be an England'.
Just imagine for one second how patronising that person is.
Imagine further if you can grasp it how a voting population could perceive that arrogance and patronisation and return on mass and say fvck you.

Give yourself a pat on the back.......people like you helped Brexit win.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I still maintain, despite @LL Cool J saying 'non' that the best way to deal with the nobbers is to loudly block them and then make the point regularly. You cannot polish a turd, or cover it with pastry and bake it into a pie.

Come on pull your finger out. I have them all blocked except Gwylan and Beorthelm (spl?).

Blocking people you don't agree with is a akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'I CAN'T HEAR YOU' - rather childish.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
imagine a person so arrogant that they believe anyone thinking a nation controlling its own laws,borders,courts and trade policy equates to someone sleepwalking towards the edge of Beach Head humming 'There'll Always be an England'.
Just imagine for one second how patronising that person is.
Imagine further if you can grasp it how a voting population could perceive that arrogance and patronisation and return on mass and say fvck you.

Give yourself a pat on the back.......people like you helped Brexit win.

I'm deeply ashamed! You've summed me up uncannily well. Please lend me your road-map to Beachy Head...…………………..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Constitutional chaos is project fear scaremongering.

If the political class bent over backwards to ignore the vote to leave why should 17.5 million leaver voters ever trust a vote on anything again. Why would 16 million remain voters trust democracy either if a public vote can be ignored.
Playing with fire and you don’t even realise it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here