Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Exclusive: Liam Fox backs a no-deal Brexit and warns May that extending talks would be a "complete betrayal".

He’s mental

He's respecting democracy .. will you #teameu types ever understand bending over and grabbing your ankles is no way to conduct negotiations or fight for our national interest.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Pleasure as always ladies until the next time .. quick reminder which flag we live under :salute:

giphy.gif

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's respecting democracy .. will you #teameu types ever understand bending over and grabbing your ankles is no way to conduct negotiations or fight for our national interest.

The problem with declaring "No Deal" and walking away from the table is that you look around and before you know it, you can't get a deal with anyone. It's basically throwing a tantrum. Pigeons, chess-boards etc.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

We have no options, crow all you want.

But Our 2 options are

Bend over

Get ****ed over when we leave with no deal.

I just assume you are a wind up merchant as you can’t believe we have any real cards.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Brilliant .. speaking of reversing directions, the person that usually derides polls over meeting some bloke in Barnsley and says referendums are no way to settle complicated matters now bigging them up. :lolol::lolol:

You know what my argument against a specific poll conclusion was. I do not deride them in general.

The 'bloke in Barnsley' was mentioned because he was a person without an agenda who had something specific to say about the widely-accepted issue of public disenchantment with politics and its effect on the referendum result. I thought it was interesting.

I have always felt that the safest way to revisit the 2016 referendum is via the same medium. Referendums are indeed ghastly things but using Britain's ancient and admired parliamentary system to decide this issue would simply attract (untrue) claims of an establishment stitch up from drawbridge-lifters such as, well, you know.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think there has been a new directive from Brexit head office.

Run in, throw a few insults around and run away again.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN ANY DISCUSSION ABOUT BREXIT.

It’s happening everywhere from government to NSC :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We have no options, crow all you want.

But Our 2 options are

Bend over

Get ****ed over when we leave with no deal.

I just assume you are a wind up merchant as you can’t believe we have any real cards.

I think we have already bent over, that was forced on the government by remainers trying to sabotage the vote. The EU hasn't had to do anything really just sit back and watch the warring factions within government and outside imploding before them.
If the vote had been accepted by all we would be in a much stronger position now.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

You like throwing insults around so don't discount yourself from that anology.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think we have already bent over, that was forced on the government by remainers trying to sabotage the vote. The EU hasn't had to do anything really just sit back and watch the warring factions within government and outside imploding before them.
If the vote had been accepted by all we would be in a much stronger position now.

If Cameron had a pair of bollocks he would have insisted on something other than a first past the post result that allowed a miniscule majority to divide the country. Farage said (and has repeated it a few times) that if remain had won by the same tiny margin then he would have been looking for a second referendum. Whether you are in favour of staying in the EU or are Brexit supporters, that majority was not enough for such a massively important decision for Joe Public to make. Especially when we have since learned the reasons many voted Brexit. We also have a government that lurches from one Brexit catastrophe to another so if the Brexit camp are so confident that leaving the EU is the right thing to do then surely they shouldn't be scared of a second referendum.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The vote was leave and is being enacted exactly as you asked.

I don't know why you constantly try to blame remain voters for what you've done. (I guess the plan to blame the EU has fallen through as they have been, like remain voters, bemused bystanders throughout this).

The reason we are where we are is quite simple. Nobody who voted or campaigned for leave, thought about how to do it, and when asked about the detail, they put their fingers in their ears and shouted 'project fear'. Now it's come home to roost, it is dawning on even the most ardent Brexiteers that the way it was sold to them may have been a little less than honest. :shrug:

So what do you think we should do from here ?

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

But hasn't that always been the policy?. No thought at all given to making a case which might get some Remainers to change their views. Just 'Sit Down, Shut Up'. They the wonder why Remain supporters haven't seen the light. I think even Farage said that they made a mistake by not keeping on campaigning after the result. Although I guess if pissing off the liberal elite was a key objective getting them on your side would be a bit of an own goal.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The vote was leave and is being enacted exactly as you asked.

I don't know why you constantly try to blame remain voters for what you've done. (I guess the plan to blame the EU has fallen through as they have been, like remain voters, bemused bystanders throughout this).

The reason we are where we are is quite simple. Nobody who voted or campaigned for leave, thought about how to do it, and when asked about the detail, they put their fingers in their ears and shouted 'project fear'. Now it's come home to roost, it is dawning on even the most ardent Brexiteers that the way it was sold to them may have been a little less than honest. :shrug:

So what do you think we should do from here ?

Panic ???

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I heard an interesting observation today from a journo on the radio. Apparently the UK publicising it's preparations for a no-deal Brexit was thought of by some Tory Brexiteers as a kind of show of strength to the EU ("hey, Michel - we can live without you lot"). But as the details have been released and made public (stockpiling vital supplies like bottled water and bread, and making plans for lorry parks on Hove seafront - that sort of thing) surprise, surprise it makes us look rather desperate ("hey Michel -if you don't do what we ask then is there any chance of an airlift of food parcels").

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I heard an interesting observation today from a journo on the radio. Apparently the UK publicising it's preparations for a no-deal Brexit was thought of by some Tory Brexiteers as a kind of show of strength to the EU ("hey, Michel - we can live without you lot"). But as the details have been released and made public (stockpiling vital supplies like bottled water and bread, and making plans for lorry parks on Hove seafront - that sort of thing) surprise, surprise it makes us look rather desperate ("hey Michel -if you don't do what we ask then is there any chance of an airlift of food parcels").

What,like a sort of Berlin Airlift,when the goodies were blockaded by left-wing extremists?Suppose it would be ok,as long as they don't send any salad packs.They wash them in chlorine,you know.Just like chickens from the USA!Have a pleasant afternoon.Just off for a couple of pre-match beers!:albion2:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

What you are asking is for people that have considered the situation, and decided that to leave is a bloody stupid idea, should do it anyway, because another group of people, that many of us feel either did not consider it properly, or were sticking their fingers up to Cameron and/or the EU, or just wanted less foreigners coming here at any cost, decided to say leave.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What,like a sort of Berlin Airlift,when the goodies were blockaded by left-wing extremists?Suppose it would be ok,as long as they don't send any salad packs.They wash them in chlorine,you know.Just like chickens from the USA!Have a pleasant afternoon.Just off for a couple of pre-match beers!:albion2:

You do realise that we all know that chlorine washing of Chicken is not the major problem in itself, we all know our tap water is chlorinated and swim in chlorinated pools. It is that by allowing it, it allows poor hygiene and welfare practices to continue.
Eggs in the EU are not permitted to be washed, in the US, they must be washed, the EU stance is in part to ensure that egg producers in the EU do not allow their birds to live in filthy conditions.

Jan 30, 2008
What you are asking is for people that have considered the situation, and decided that to leave is a bloody stupid idea, should do it anyway, because another group of people, that many of us feel either did not consider it properly, or were sticking their fingers up to Cameron and/or the EU, or just wanted less foreigners coming here at any cost, decided to say leave.
you really are a joker, most people who voted Brexit knew exactly what they were voting for and that was to LEAVE the EU completely, WHAT DO YOU FIND SO HARD TO ACCEPT ABOUT THAT , give up on your wishy washy half baked assumptions
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008

nothing to discuss, we're leaving and the sooner the better , that's what the vote was for , still struggling I see
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here