Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I wasn’t talking to you or about you but since you were quick off the mark to jump in and self identify as a grizzler I wont disagree with you, especially as it’s a modern world and people are free to choose nowadays how they want to identify. You can be a Filipino old maid if you wish Dave, no skin off my nose. But ill respect your choice of grizzler.

How many reports are true though. There were plenty of reports last year of a Polish man minding his own business being kicked to death in Harlow for being Polish, with a tenuous link to a brexit hate crime, even repeated on here, as you well know. Totally false of course, but it didn’t stop people reporting this falsehood in the first place or spreading the lie.

ok wanker

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Seems like a great bit negotiation to me...

We are paying £35b, the rights and benefits of EU citizens living here are the same as before, no border in Ireland so haven't 'taken control of our borders' then etc etc...

I am struggling to think of anything we didn't give in on TBH

So 'no deal is better than a bad deal' eh?

As far as I can see, it doesn't matter whether you voted to stay or to leave - this is a crappy deal for the UK from top to bottom as none of us really got what we thought we were voting for.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah youre right, nobody was attacked. Nobody was told they were leaving. Youre still a wanker though. Remarkable.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ome-office-europeans-xenophobia-a8004716.html

I never claimed otherwise.
Nice try at deflection though dave, avoiding what you claimed about the Polish bloke. I would be embarrassed as well as you were clearly race-baiting on that. You must have been disappointed when you learnt your version was total ballocks.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Seems like a great bit negotiation to me...

We are paying £35b, the rights and benefits of EU citizens living here are the same as before, no border in Ireland so haven't 'taken control of our borders' then etc etc...

I am struggling to think of anything we didn't give in on TBH

So 'no deal is better than a bad deal' eh?

As far as I can see, it doesn't matter whether you voted to stay or to leave - this is a crappy deal for the UK from top to bottom as none of us really got what we thought we were voting for.

Were you expecting mass deportations or restrictions on EU citizens already living here, a hard Irish border and no payments for commitments we already signed up to and expected to get a good deal?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
When the dust has settled we can all be adults and just deal with the issues we face rather than just moan about everything hoping it’s going to change the outcome of a vote.

Pretty sure everyone will be irritated when it is obvious we have paid 40 billion quid to follow rules we don't make. That is almost the entire school's budget for one year.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Were you expecting mass deportations or restrictions on EU citizens already living here, a hard Irish border and no payments for commitments we already signed up to and expected to get a good deal?

You must have missed the campaign! That is what several people I have heard interviewed today expected. Obviously they are idiots but that is a different point.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I never claimed otherwise.
Nice try at deflection though dave, avoiding what you claimed about the Polish bloke. I would be embarrassed as well as you were clearly race-baiting on that. You must have been disappointed when you learnt your version was total ballocks.

No, I wasnt disappointed. I was relieved. Race baiting? Along with all the British media, and international media? Im comfortable with that.
Doesnt change the fact that youre a wanker does it.
Anyway, sorry, but I feel a little uncomfortable posting to somebody whose typing hand is probably somewhat sticky.
Cheers

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Pretty sure everyone will be irritated when it is obvious we have paid 40 billion quid to follow rules we don't make. That is almost the entire school's budget for one year.
I’m not talking about the politicians so the point is we, the pleb class, can’t change any of that. Whatever happens, happens and we just have to stop moaning about it make the best of what we get at the end of it. It just seems to me the remainers keep saying nah nah na nah nah thinking that’s going to suddenly make everything right. Whichever side of the fence you are on isn’t going to change any outcome so stop bitching about it and accept what we end up with

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

To be honest I'm sure what I was expecting. The thing that I based my comments on was what was being touted by the prominant leave campaigners at the start. Not deportations but at least control over benefits for extended family of non-uk citizens, control over our own borders, the EU 'can go whistle' if they think we are paying a divorce bill (boris johnson).

It feels like virtually everything the leave voters were sold has been traded away and watered down which has rendered this whole thing an expensive and pointless exercise.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m not talking about the politicians so the point is we, the pleb class, can’t change any of that. Whatever happens, happens and we just have to stop moaning about it make the best of what we get at the end of it. It just seems to me the remainers keep saying nah nah na nah nah thinking that’s going to suddenly make everything right. Whichever side of the fence you are on isn’t going to change any outcome so stop bitching about it and accept what we end up with
Yes. I agree - we get what we are given with Brexit. And they'd prefer we like it.

In light of this, I have been surprised that they haven't tried to build more concensus on approach and have given loud Brexit Zealot MPs such a big say.

Hopefully things are changing; more collaberation and agreement about the outcome and end state.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well, today's agreement greatly reduces the risk of catastrophic extreme Brexit which is something.

A small step towards the final deal but we're miles away from closure. It just shows that Brexiteers have been lied to by their own elites, sold the impossible dream, sold a pup

I'd say we still need the public to have the say to take the final deal or stay in, will it really all be worth all the bother? Whatever happens its costing us a fortune

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

I don't understand why. If everyone argues it is not what they voted for and writes their MP a letter then it would change. Or should the plebs suck up everything?

Dorset Seagull

Well, today's agreement greatly reduces the risk of catastrophic extreme Brexit which is something.

A small step towards the final deal but we're miles away from closure. It just shows that Brexiteers have been lied to by their own elites, sold the impossible dream, sold a pup

I'd say we still need the public to have the say to take the final deal or stay in, will it really all be worth all the bother? Whatever happens its costing us a fortune
We won’t have been sold an impossible dream if after all this has been settled, and time has passed by, that we are in a position to rule our own country instead of being part of a United States of Europe. I believe that’s all most leavers ever wanted and I still believe and hope that is what we will eventually get.

Dorset Seagull

I don't understand why. If everyone argues it is not what they voted for and writes their MP a letter then it would change. Or should the plebs suck up everything?

I agree that if you are unhappy with the outcome you should lobby your representative as at least that is a constructive thing to do. But instead of deciding to do that if you just moan all the time to Twitter, Facebook and the rest of social media expecting that to effect some change then you are clearly just deluded.

I am just sick and tired of every clever celebrity or comedian showing a blank piece of paper showing the list of EU concessions thinking that is going to make a blind bit of difference. Just shut the f*ck up and try and do something more positive than just keep dissing the UK

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I don't see how Britain can leave EEA now with the deal May has struck with the Irish. The UK are going have to accept free movement/open borders which what majority voted against. It's a complete shit show for everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here