Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My analogy wasn't perfect but I'd hazard it was better than comparing New South Wales/WA to Sussex/Devon. The reference to a State Capital was a pointer - English counties don't have them. Australian states possess many of the characteristics of separate nations joined in political union. erecting artificial barriers around such entities is indeed barmy.

No sh1t,it was an awful analogy, are you smoking the same stuff as plooks tonight?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
:lol:
No i didnt, misrepresenting what i said yet again.Its almost like a disease for you.Must be a symptom of being an undemocratic loon.

Yes you did. Anyone can read it it. You suggested that an analogy involving Sydney and Perth was the same as one involving Sussex and Devon.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
...says the man who tried to draw a parallel between Sydney and Chichester.

Yes you did. Anyone can read it it. You suggested that an analogy involving Sydney and Perth was the same as one involving Sussex and Devon.

Are you a bit simple? Yes anyone can read it, i never mentioned Sydney or Chichester once.......read it again.......never mentioned.
Now crawl back into the swamp you weaselled out from.
Awaits you playing the victim card for the umpteenth time..............yawn.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
"You see, Brexit is about serious restrictions on movement for example like between Western Australia and New South Wales"
“Fair dinkum? Strewth mate that’s the work of drongos. You sure it isn’t like implementing controls between say other nations like between OZ and the Filos".
"No, its just like restricting movement between say Sussex and Devon".
“crikey, well that’s a terrible downside of Brexit mate, seems like a barmy idea if you are telling the truth”
“I know right, crazy isn’t it……cough”

View attachment 101181

Seemed a pretty pointless analogy. How can a country restrict it's own workers from moving freely within itself. Just more made up rubbish. Maybe if he'd used a country the Aussies don't like things might not have been to his liking

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The Ozzies I know think what we are doing is bonkers.

The Japanese think we're absolutely and unequivocally a bunch of stark raving lunatics.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Need a second referendum for that.

Knock yourself out chap, i have no objection to a rejoin referendum after we have left and any transition period has expired.
Might take a few years though to get a rejoin party in power..........would the whole EU even want us back and even accept an application to join though in the first place......food for thought.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am a triggered snowflake!? LOL! Sounds like you and fellow brexiteers have been triggered sonce the 70s!
AND I NEVER said manifestos were not valid! Where did I say that? I just said a party with a paltry 30% of the vote does not have a mandate.

Not sure you really understand the meaning of the word mandate, but lets play along with vote share. What % share of the vote does a party have to have according to your specifications before they have a mandate to implement a manifesto policy?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Should have more than 50%. Cue you saying "Oooo that is what the referendum was" YES BUT IT ONLY SAID LEAVE.

No political party since the war has had more than a 50% vote share in an election. You have basically made it impossible for anyone to have a mandate and implement their manifesto policies, and you are also saying all previous manifesto policies by governments were invalid because they also didnt reach over a 50% share of the vote. Seems to me your criteria to have a legitimate policy is if you agree with it. You are beyond ridiculous.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pretty sure that is not true. Off the top of my head Obama got over 50%, so it has happened since the war.
Or are you now going to change the goal posts and claim you didn't mean ww2 and only specific countries? Probably.

You chuffing idiot, of course we are talking about the political system of this country. How daft can you be........no wait dont answer that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More and more signs of a "bodge now and fix it later Brexit" from May hopefully with the help of northern Labour MP in Brexit areas.

Just get the UK out of the EU with years of further uncertainty to follow with more damage.

Britain deserves better...

People's March 20th October, Noon, Park Lane, London

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More and more signs of a "bodge now and fix it later Brexit" from May hopefully with the help of northern Labour MP in Brexit areas.

Just get the UK out of the EU with years of further uncertainty to follow with more damage.

Britain deserves better...

People's March 20th October, Noon, Park Lane, London

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

genuine question, why is this called "the people's vote" rather than a 2nd referendum? i say have it, the problem is what will it be on.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
genuine question, why is this called "the people's vote" rather than a 2nd referendum? i say have it, the problem is what will it be on.

Negative connotations with word referendum. Whilst all of those who admit to voting to leave these days did so because of esoteric reasons like sovereignty, I distinctly remember in the run up to 2016 the only drums being beaten were one saying the migrants are going to get you and the other repeating ‘Project Fear’. Not sure there would be much clamour to go back to a poisonous environment in which an MP was killed. Call it ‘People’s Vote’ and the connotations are lost. It sounds like the people are taking back control, which is obviously a phrase that did well last time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Have to say I'd rather called it Brexit Ratification which is what is could be...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here