Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why? Explain. Show me on the referendum question where it mentioned ending freedom of movement.

why are you doing this? where on the referedum question did it mention ending membership of single market, or customs union? i dont know why you single out this issue.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Point to me on the referendum where is mentions the single market and customs union.

it was NEVER mentioned on the ballot question.

Where is freedom of movement mention in the referendum vote?

Show me on the referendum question where it mentioned ending freedom of movement.

The Norway model respects that result and delivers it.

If the government come back with a Norway deal they will have satisfied the referedum question.....you cannot deny this.

Sorry to break it to you fellas but the Norway option was never written down on the referendum ballot paper either.
By your own ridiculous standards the Norway option is irrelevant.

:moo:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
It doesn't and both of those should be kept as well for the same reasons. I did mention them earlier but since people keep avoiding the question I thought I would simplify it.

riiiight we voted on whether to remain or leave the EU, but stay with all the component parts of the EU. gotcha.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I just asked why brexiteers are unhappy with a Norway type model. How can they be? It delivers the will of the peoole. Their unhappiness with it just highlights their desire to force through reductions of other freedoms under the guise of brexit. Which is a pretty vile and underhand thing to try to do.

You cant have the Norway model, it wasnt on the referendum ballot paper remember.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Yes. We ONLY voted to leave the eu. We did not give a mandate on any thing else.

could some of the remainers help Plooks out here, remind us why we cant leave the EU and keep the all benefits of membership?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yet again another dismissive brexiteer happy for the government to walk all over our rights without asking.
If what we voted for, just to leave and nothing else, is not possible then we should have another referendum, perhaps a not more specific.

Having another referendum wasnt written down on the referendum ballot paper, so sorry you cant have that either.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Having another referendum wasnt written down on the referendum ballot paper, so sorry you cant have that either.

They just keep trying don't they. A billion jobs lost, massive lorry parks everywhere all the airports being turned into theme parks as they are all being shut down and darkness for ever. Is there any hope

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There is no mandate for removing it though. How can a government remove somthing like this without permission from its people!? This is what brexiteers have not answered and keep swerving just like you have done here with statements like "its going deal with it" or "leave means leave, tick tock". None of these address the fundamental issue of the government trying to erode our freedoms without any consultation or permission from us!

The person that's avoiding something is you .... FoM is going as things stand. Doesn't matter how much you whine .... it's going.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The person that's avoiding something is you .... FoM is going as things stand. Doesn't matter how much you whine .... it's going.

He isn’t questioning that. He’s questioning whether there is a mandate to bin it, when to do so was not explicitly included in any Leave vote.

Leave voters on this very thread have made clear they did NOT vote for that, yet the mob arrogantly claim to speak for all 17m.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
**** it. Applying for Czech permament residency Tuesday. Good luck guys

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Typical selfishness.

Look, you've had it explained to you that it was all part of the campaign so it is reasonable to believe it was on the table when voting. It's also been explained to you that it's happening. Now if you don't like it go and do something about it .... good luck in changing it though.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
If we had a conversation about roast dinners and then I asked you if you wanted a doughnut and you said yes, would you expect me to come back with a doughnut or a roast dinner?

excellent analogy :smokin: really the example is there's a conversation about roast dinner, and what goes into a roast dinner, and we voted to have roast dinner or not.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Snowflakes like the brexit bunch who want their non-European safe space?

I suggest you watch the Johnathan Pie stage show on iPlayer. Very clever and goes someway to explain how the language of the liberal left is self defeating.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He isn’t questioning that. He’s questioning whether there is a mandate to bin it, when to do so was not explicitly included in any Leave vote.

Leave voters on this very thread have made clear they did NOT vote for that, yet the mob arrogantly claim to speak for all 17m.

You had to have been asleep during the referendum debate if you did not realise a consequence of a leave vote victory would result in freedom of movement ending, whether or not you personally wished to keep it or end it, the same with membership of the single market and The customs union. The consequences of your vote on these issues were widely explained by both sides, for and against. It was the individual who had to weigh up everything and decide on balance where to put their cross.

If freedom of movement was not going to end if we won why were all the moaners arguing to keep it before the vote? Why did non of you prior to the vote point out talk of ending free movement or our place in the single market or customs union were irrelevant because they didn’t appear on the ballot question…..could it be because you would have been laughed out the debating chamber as complete imbeciles.

It is utterly ridiculous to suggest a path cannot be pursued because it is not explicitly written down on a ballot paper, in fact its probably the stupidest thing anyone has said on here and im including everything the clamp has said, so the bar is set very high.
Looking forward to the future when no gov can ever have a mandate again for anything unless that policy is explicitly written down on the election ballot paper……..should be fun.
The stench of desperation from some of you is overpowering.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Fine use that. So would you be happy if your roast dinner was served with a doughnut under the beans?

:laugh: genius. its been fun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here