Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

That's next years trip.

I can't remember anyone predicting May would finally come down on a softer Brexit option, quite the opposite in fact. If you mean ongoing incompetence you have a point.

I didn't expect that either.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Its the only option, sadly. This current government are not fit to lead anything and only a break in power will allow them to regroup. I'd rather it wasn't Corbyn either, but we can't go on like this.

I think that no matter how bad the Tories are/will get/have been, above all that, the thing that scares me more is Corbyn having the purse strings.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a pair of c*nts those two are. Agree a compromise deal at a cabinet summit intended to produce something everyone could agree on, and then resign on the day she takes it to he house.

They don't care about this country, they only care about themselves

This is it, in a nutshell.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Is there ANYONE on here who thinks the Tory's are doing a good job (as opposed to those who think they are simply better than the alternative)? I just can't imagine one single person (even staunch Conservatives) who looks at this mob and thinks "yep, they are doing a great job - they have my full confidence".

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Only yesterday Team Boris was briefing: “The only people who would benefit from Boris leaving Cabinet would be Barnier, Merkel, Selmayr & the rest of those negotiating for the EU”. Looking forward to hearing what’s changed.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think that no matter how bad the Tories are/will get/have been, above all that, the thing that scares me more is Corbyn having the purse strings.

It won't be for long and it will inevitably be in coalition with SNP / Libdems, and hey, they might be better than you think, they'll certainly put some funding towards things that have been neglected for some time now

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
[tweet]1016326867350097920[/tweet]

Would he get in front of a bulldozer to stop Heathrow expansion though ???

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Only yesterday Team Boris was briefing: “The only people who would benefit from Boris leaving Cabinet would be Barnier, Merkel, Selmayr & the rest of those negotiating for the EU”. Looking forward to hearing what’s changed.

still valid isnt it? its a surrender. essentially Brexit is over, the leading Brexiteers leave government there is little point in continuing. if they force May out who ever takes over is not going to carry anything through parliament, if it goes to the country, same story.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is there ANYONE on here who thinks the Tory's are doing a good job (as opposed to those who think they are simply better than the alternative)? I just can't imagine one single person (even staunch Conservatives) who looks at this mob and thinks "yep, they are doing a great job - they have my full confidence".

Tory and Remain voter here.
As you say, I just think they are better than the alternative.
Whatever happens, I just hope that the British public have more sense than to vote a Marxist,terrorist sympathiser to the great great office of Prime Minister.
Along with the La-La Land economic policies of 'I want to overthrow Capitalism' McDonnell , and Diane Abbott in charge of the Home Office and MI5. God help us all.
What a shocking indictment of the state of British politics.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I mean it’s game over for Brexit now isn’t it?

Davis/Fox/Boris have utterly ****ed this up, they will try and blame others but it’s on them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It’s almost worth giving Rees-Mogg a role and killing his career.

I admit I am very much a floating voter, having voted for Tory and Labour on different occasions, generally Tory, but I could never bring myself to vote for Boris or Rees-Mogg.

They are the total opposite of what I am looking for in a Prime Minister.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

The Tory's have totally ducked up this country since they have been in power. They have put party wars and infighting before the country. But still people will unbelievably vote for them, because they believe the right wing media press. How any other party can be worse then this shower of Sh#!t is beyond me, I do not think it is actually possible to be worse.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Least when it all goes tits up and we stay in the EU team Brexit won’t have anyone else to blame but themselves.

No no. Apparently this utter cluster**** has nothing to do with incompetence, the personal agendas of self serving twats, nobody having a clue what they are doing or political skin saving.

It's all a conspiracy by pro Remain members of government to cock it up on purpose. Obviously. :ffsparr:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good evening [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]. Well, it is here anyway.

Still all to play for in this IMO. It’s far from certain that her ‘plan’ (I’m being generous to her) will get backing from the EU, much less all of the other parliaments. I am still hopeful of a cleaner break than many want, and
supposedly there has been a lot mod preparations ‘in the background’(of course, I have no first hand knowledge, but no one on here doors either to be able to disprove).

Would that be building a border in NI, lorry parks at ports, customs posts, building IT systems type preparations ready for WTO. I certainly can't prove they are not happening (in the background) - maybe Southwick tunnel? :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here