Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We're not leaving

May’s plan has been leaked in full:

Single market - full alignment for goods via Treaty with nuclear clause.
No services in the hope she can avoid FOM.

Customs union to be put in place after implementation period, officially a backstop and to stay in place until border technology can facilitate a max fac / customs partnership setup (likely to be never). This needs to be signed off as ready by the UK and the EU.

ECJ jurisdiction for all areas covered but via a arbitration tribunal consisting of ECJ and SC judges.

Reported by several sources as well as the Times (paywall).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think we will end up with a lose/lose with both remainers and leavers unhappy at the outcome of Brexit

That's the way it has always been heading. We have said from day one, we will end up being beholden to the EU but have relinquished any say/power/influence we had and well I bloomin' never, that's exactly what's about to happen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we will end up with a lose/lose with both remainers and leavers unhappy at the outcome of Brexit
Indeed, we are ****ed, no sunny uplands for us.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We're not leaving

May’s plan has been leaked in full:

Single market - full alignment for goods via Treaty with nuclear clause.
No services in the hope she can avoid FOM.

Customs union to be put in place after implementation period, officially a backstop and to stay in place until border technology can facilitate a max fac / customs partnership setup (likely to be never). This needs to be signed off as ready by the UK and the EU.

ECJ jurisdiction for all areas covered but via a arbitration tribunal consisting of ECJ and SC judges.

Reported by several sources as well as the Times (paywall).
I would not want to be Jacob Rees-Mogg's dog or chambermaid tonight.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

With that sort of foresight you're definitely bound for the top division!

(If I can be arsed to update the tables - and given I'm currently enjoying the best of EU beaches, beer and food, it's fairly unlikely.)

However, if we beat Sweden and mein current hosts beat Russia, I may decide to get out of here before next week's semis. Tomorrow could get messy :drink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh dear Leave Voters, looks like those pesky foreigners are going to still be able to come and go as they please. That's kind of negated your entire "reason" for voting Leave, eh. CLANG!!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Interesting - 'Labour mobility'. Sort of like workers, freely moving perhaps?

[tweet]1015324521589600256[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wouldn’t want to be Jacob Rees-Mogg either.

The thing is with politicians like Mogg, Farage and Boris there was always an understanding between those types and those interested in politics a sort of "we know that you know we are buffoons, comedy characters who sort of mean this crap we spout but mainly don't mean it so don't fret" and it all rubbed along nicely.

Then we offered the thickos a chance to vote to get rid of foreigners. All of a sudden we've got millions of people who have never voted on anything more significant than whether to get cake or biscuits for the staff room Friday treat, now voting on something they do not understand on even the most basic of levels , that can damage the country for generations to come.

You can see on here that they don't really get it. With the likes of JCFG, Pastafarian and Two Professors spouting off on subjects about which they are clueless. The fact that they take Mogg seriously, when he himself doesn't, tells us they are amateur fools who were triggered into voting by the promise of no more money to Johnny Foreigner. And it's costing us billions....And we still have free movement, now called "Labour mobility". Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know how much some of our Leave voting friends really value/like to post articles from The Guido Fawkes blog site, so in their absence tonight I'll post the following update from that site on their behalf. I'm sure they wont mind:

Cabinet Back Softest Brexit

The Cabinet has backed the softest form of Brexit, with the UK becoming a rule-taker on goods and agri-foods and facing severe consequences if we ever attempt to diverge on anything. They have also backed Number 10’s rebadged customs plan.

Despite vows from David Davis and other Cabinet Brexiters to fight Theresa May’s Brexit proposal, it appears tonight that they have conceded on every point and that Downing Street has succeeded in forcing through an ultra-soft Brexit as the agreed government policy.

The Sun reports that Michael Gove, Sajid Javid and Gavin Williamson all sold out and backed the PM.

A senior ERG MP tells Guido: “This looks like a total betrayal from both No10 and the Cabinet. We will be total rule takers and our ability to strike trade deals will be severely hampered. Cabinet Brexiters promised us they would fight this. If what Number 10 says is true, this is not Brexit.”

Jacob Rees-Mogg tells Guido: “The devil will be in the detail”. Brexiters have been crushed.

The key point here is that this is the UK’s opening offer to Brussels. The EU will now attempt to force us into an even softer Brexit. How do the government think this is going to play out?

Guido cannot understand how DD and co have accepted this. They said yesterday that they would fight it. Have they achieved any concessions? Not according to Number 10. Allies of Olly Robbins are claiming total victory tonight.

Extremely depressing – this does not look anything like the Brexit 17.4 million people voted for.

https://order-order.com/2018/07/06/cabinet-backs-softest-brexit/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hard Brexit died when May lost her majority
Hard Brexit died last December
Hard Brexit died again tonight

Can't see any Brexit winners

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know how much some of our Leave voting friends really value/like to post articles from The Guido Fawkes blog site, so in their absence tonight I'll post the following update from that site on their behalf. I'm sure they w BGont mind:

Cabinet Back Softest Brexit

The Cabinet has backed the softest form of Brexit, with the UK becoming a rule-taker on goods and agri-foods and facing severe consequences if we ever attempt to diverge on anything. They have also backed Number 10’s rebadged customs plan.

Despite vows from David Davis and other Cabinet Brexiters to fight Theresa May’s Brexit proposal, it appears tonight that they have conceded on every point and that Downing Street has succeeded in forcing through an ultra-soft Brexit as the agreed government policy.

The Sun reports that Michael Gove, Sajid Javid and Gavin Williamson all sold out and backed the PM.

A senior ERG MP tells Guido: “This looks like a total betrayal from both No10 and the Cabinet. We will be total rule takers and our ability to strike trade deals will be severely hampered. Cabinet Brexiters promised us they would fight this. If what Number 10 says is true, this is not Brexit.”

Jacob Rees-Mogg tells Guido: “The devil will be in the detail”. Brexiters have been crushed.

The key point here is that this is the UK’s opening offer to Brussels. The EU will now attempt to force us into an even softer Brexit. How do the government think this is going to play out?

Guido cannot understand how DD and co have accepted this. They said yesterday that they would fight it. Have they achieved any concessions? Not according to Number 10. Allies of Olly Robbins are claiming total victory tonight.

Extremely depressing – this does not look anything like the Brexit 17.4 million people voted for.

https://order-order.com/2018/07/06/cabinet-backs-softest-brexit/

Well bugger me backwards, there's a shock. Never saw that coming :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here