Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So to be clear, you're happy to have no checks on anything going out of or coming into NI?

as an advocate of free trade, i would. why cant we just stop the trade barriers anyway?

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You need help.

Well, I think my work here is done. I genuinely couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. You Brexit mob are so easy to wind up. If it helps, think of it as a piece of performance art. Dragged in like dead fish
Get on with your days .
You bunch of silly wankers.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So for those amongst us who clearly don't much like living in a democracy, and are unable to accept the result of the EU Referendum, what form of government would you prefer to have?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
But the DUP have said they won't have that, and seeing as they are pulling the strings on Irish matter, that's a non-starter.

Surely won't be the case if it's a no-deal Brexit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well, I think my work here is done. I genuinely couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. You Brexit mob are so easy to wind up. If it helps, think of it as a piece of performance art. Dragged in like dead fish
Get on with your days .
No amount of posturing after the event is going to make you look anything other than one of the saddest acts on the board. Personally i put you in the hove born and bred/PPF category of sad. It's all there, laid bare. You are genuinely a proper sad case.

I am beginning to realise how the Westdene/Gwylan/Buzzer Brexiteers must feel when they see all manner of simpletons batting for their side on this thread.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Next Labour leader? No idea.

In regards to Northern Ireland, no deal means WTO rules though and WTO rules require customs checks.

As I understand it,we just say the Republic is a developing nation.With their tin-pot economy who could argue?If they put up a border,they go bust worse than Greece.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Who really cares if people have more than one account.Mental health issues seem commonplace on here anyway.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
7.9% of sod-all is still sod-all.Look how much of their trade is with us as a percentage of the total.Play hard-ball and they only thing they will get in their begging cup next time won't be our cash.

You're way, way out.

Irish GDP per capita is $63000 - that's higher than the US, Germany, Switzerland and a long way higher than the UK's £38,000

https://tradingeconomics.com/ireland/gdp-per-capita-ppp

I think you've got a very outdated view of the Irish economy if you think it's just potato farmers: Microsoft, Apple and AWS, Dell (to name just a few companies) all have their main European centres based there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Get on with your days .

The classic .... 'I got found out' response. You know, "Oh come on guys, it was a jolly jape, so clever, I had you all along". I was bored this morning so spent some time finding threads that you have contributed too .... either as Nibble or The Clamp ( although [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] did a far better job than me ). It is telling how often you resort to insults and how quickly. You don't do the remain argument any favours. You've got clearly intelligent posters arguing the remain cause ( [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s Teacher to name but two ) and then we get the likes of you and Plooks ( who is either you or possibly your love child ) shouting liars, idiots, spackt**d, racist, stupid and cowards. It's pathetic. Maybe you could carry out your promise to leave the UK - you're not needed here by either remainers or leavers - the EU are welcome to you. I suggest you do it soon as I'm not sure the EU will decide it wants failed acting liars.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're way, way out.

Irish GDP per capita is $63000 - that's higher than the US, Germany, Switzerland and a long way higher than the UK's £38,000

https://tradingeconomics.com/ireland/gdp-per-capita-ppp

I think you've got a very outdated view of the Irish economy if you think it's just potato farmers: Microsoft, Apple and AWS, Dell (to name just a few companies) all have their main European centres based there.
There is also the simple matter of integrity. We signed the GFA, it is wrong to expect everyone else to bend over backwards when it comes to modifying the status quo.

As someone who voted for Brexit, what is your position when it comes to the Brexit negotiations? If there is no deal, would you be happy to just go ahead? What about the position with respect to the Irish border?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who really cares if people have more than one account.Mental health issues seem commonplace on here anyway.

Generally I don't. It's just Nibble has spent a huge amount of posts insulting, bullying and trying to call out posters only to be found out he is doing exactly what he accuses others of. He's now getting some of his own treatment.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So for those amongst us who clearly don't much like living in a democracy, and are unable to accept the result of the EU Referendum, what form of government would you prefer to have?

I understand where you are coming from, but in all honesty, if you voted to leave, did you know about the Ireland border issue or having to come out of a customs union and free trade area where our goods will be tarriffed and become more expensive to those wishing to buy them?

In all of this, apart from financial customers the company I work for have already lost as they moving out of the UK to Ireland and France, and of course the basic premise of not having access to low skilled workers from Europe, at the time of campaigning there was no real specifics and people were not given specifics in how it would impact them directly. Yes there were people who were savvy enough to go deeply into it, but I think that people did not have enough information.

There were also some really strange results where communities who had received millions in grants from the EU voted to leave...also Sunderland where the place relies of Nissan exporting into Europe. It was just bizzare.

Anyway, yes you are right, that is the will of 52% of the voters that we leave the EU. Personally apart from the effect on my employment, certainly my pension pot has increased dramatically in the last year or so as the FTSE is flying so apart from holidays costing more a single the dollar was strong against the pound this isn't really hitting hard yet. The issue is we do not know what April next year holds! We can all guess, but no one really knows.

The thing that really saddens me and it is rife on here is the bile on both sides that totally fail to see anyone's point of view. People who want to remain are whinging ******** who are anti democracy and anti British, and those that voted to leave are racist knuckledragging thickoes who are killing our country. Some people really do need to take a look at how they understand an election.

Rant over

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As someone who voted for Brexit, what is your position when it comes to the Brexit negotiations? If there is no deal, would you be happy to just go ahead? What about the position with respect to the Irish border?

Good question.

i voted for Brexit primarily because I think CAP is a con and leads to highly inefficient practices - there were a couple of other reasons too.
But, it did strike me during the run-up to the referendum that a by-product of Brexit would be a greater likelihood of the unification of Ireland, something I strongly support. So, that became another reason.

My view hasn't really changed: I have no problem with free migration, I have no problem with the ECHR, I have a few quibbles about the ECJ but I wouldn't lose sleep if we accepted its jurisdiction and I'm in favour of some kind of customs union with the EU. I certainly don't support any sort of hard border between Ireland and NI - that would be a disaster, which is why a customs union is OK.

I despair at some the head-banging idiocy that comes from some on the Brexit camp. All this talk of no deal and taking back control strikes me as the talk of lunatics. The EU had many faults but to cut ourselves from it entirely does us no good economically and certainly does no good for our standing in the world.

Jan 30, 2008
Strange isn't it - you're quite happy to throw around the insults including words like liar, quite happy to keep laying into the likes of Soulman and Two Profs but you get all grumpy and upset when you're called out as a liar yourself. And I strongly suspect your THIRD account ( really, who is so sad as to have a THIRD account ) is Plooks. You're both keen on throwing around the insults but when caught out you avoid every question thrown at you. So, when you leaving the UK as promised ?
as soon as he can get his meds sorted out , they're clearly not working , something stronger ?
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here