Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
You clearly haven't even read them. Some predictions, some have happened, some are going to happen for example I think Ford can predict what will happen to it's own business and employees better than you. I think the architecture sector knows better than you, I think Legal week, this is money and bd know more than you.

Project fear? Ha, try project clueless. This is happening whether brexiters acknowledge it or not. It is happening now.

I actually pitty you. I think you might need help. Some people's glass are half empty, but yours is actually just empty.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Headline placation. Read the real Industry news, sectors are in crisis, Industry is preparing to shed employees in unprecedented numbers. You can argue black is white all day long, it's happening now..
What would you do about all these terrible problems Nibble/Clamp? Let's suppose you are right and all the doomsayers are right and the worst happens. Given that we are committed to Brexit, what would you do?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You clearly haven't even read them. Some predictions, some have happened, some are going to happen for example I think Ford can predict what will happen to it's own business and employees better than you. I think the architecture sector knows better than you, I think Legal week, this is money and bd know more than you.

Project fear? Ha, try project clueless. This is happening whether brexiters acknowledge it or not. It is happening now.

Most using Brexit as a brilliant excuse when they were going to do it anyway

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I actually pitty you. I think you might need help. Some people's glass are half empty, but yours is actually just empty.

I really don't need your "pitty". People are going to lose jobs, houses, prospects and you just think it's cos they are all spineless victims. You come across as something of a heartless dimwit.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thanks god most of these moaners weren't around when interest rates hit 16% all those years ago. Lots including me lost jobs and houses but we moved on. Maybe some of you ought to try it

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What would you do about all these terrible problems Nibble/Clamp? Let's suppose you are right and all the doomsayers are right and the worst happens. Given that we are committed to Brexit, what would you do?

You'd have to ask Nibble for his opinion. I'm The Clamp.

Me? I'd put the halt on Brexit. That's not gonna happen so what can I do about it, Bugger all. Nothing anyone can do really. I suppose it boils down to whether one thinks it is worth it. You do, I don't.

Perfect example of a Pyrrhic victory.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you believe that nonsense then you're another absolute simpleton. I don't want us to fail, I just believe that we will because I firmly believe this will prove to be a disastrous decision.

You have been informed of the difference between wanting the country to fail and expecting it to. Please do keep up and PAY ATTENTION.

Sorry but I believe I am right and wait for you and others to say I told you so. Sadly you will be proved wrong over time. Bedwetter

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanks god most of these moaners weren't around when interest rates hit 16% all those years ago. Lots including me lost jobs and houses but we moved on. Maybe some of you ought to try it

I'm certain a lot will get through it as I'm certain some will have a miserable time they can't recover from for years. The difference this time is people have voted for this disaster. Anyway, I've bored myself to death with this thread today, let's hope the suffering is minimal for those badly affected by the Brexit fallout. I'd like to think you would at least hope the same for those affected. I'm gonna make some dinner. Have a nice evening.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That is what you said regarding the use of the Royal prerogative as you want parliament to undermine or ignore the referendum result.

In the light of your attitude displayed above, how does 'Surely it would be undemocratic to ignore what the majority of people want?' sound now?

What a bizzare position you have taken! My comment was made in relation to a section of the tory party using the royal prerogative to bypass democratic scrutiny, particularly in light that this tory government had zero democratic mandate when it comes to the issue of Brexit. It's precisely because I understand democratic mandate that I made such a comment, surely that's obvious?!

You on the other hand do not understand the issue:

I did not vote for the Conservatives. But they won the election.

You are of the opinion (wrongly) that as the tory party won the election they can do what they want. They won the election on the basis of their manifesto, giving them a democratic mandate to act on that. No where in that manifesto does it in anyway outline the conservative position on Brexit negotiations.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I really don't need your "pitty". People are going to lose jobs, houses, prospects and you just think it's cos they are all spineless victims. You come across as something of a heartless dimwit.

Can you name one EU country (other than Germany) who would not swap their economy for ours?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm certain a lot will get through it as I'm certain some will have a miserable time they can't recover from for years. The difference this time is people have voted for this disaster. Anyway, I've bored myself to death with this thread today, let's hope the suffering is minimal for those badly affected by the Brexit fallout. I'd like to think you would at least hope the same for those affected. I'm gonna make some dinner. Have a nice evening.

Yeah agree on the recovering. Took a few years but we got through it

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You'd have to ask Nibble for his opinion. I'm The Clamp.

Me? I'd put the halt on Brexit. That's not gonna happen so what can I do about it, Bugger all. Nothing anyone can do really. I suppose it boils down to whether one thinks it is worth it. You do, I don't.

Perfect example of a Pyrrhic victory.

Yes, a pyrrhic victory if you are right. And if so the other incredibly negative people on here are right also. I for one, would hope that if we'd remained, that somehow the EU would change for the better and we would prosper. Similarly, Brexit won, we are stuck with it, like it or not and everyone slinging mud at each other is not going to help. I'm including myself in this because although I like argument and debate, what is going on here on NSC is largely pointless and it is getting nowhere. Of course this is going on all over the country, especially on social media. We are stuck with this now whichever way we voted, whichever way the vote went, we need to make a success of Brexit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What a bizzare position you have taken! My comment was made in relation to a section of the tory party using the royal prerogative to bypass democratic scrutiny, particularly in light that this tory government had zero democratic mandate when it comes to the issue of Brexit. It's precisely because I understand democratic mandate that I made such a comment, surely that's obvious?!

You on the other hand do not understand the issue:

You are of the opinion (wrongly) that as the tory party won the election they can do what they want. They won the election on the basis of their manifesto, giving them a democratic mandate to act on that. No where in that manifesto does it in anyway outline the conservative position on Brexit negotiations.

No. I understand perfectly that you would like to take note of the democratic wishes of the people if their wishes coincided with yours. There is no need for parliamentary scrutiny regarding Brexit being carried out, the referendum gave a mandate for the incumbent government, whoever they happened to be. The fact that they are the government gives them all the mandate they need. Your point regarding the lack of Brexit policy in their manifesto is a red herring. I suspect that the labour party also didn't have anything about Brexit in their manifesto either. If a party can only take action based upon the contents of their previous manifesto, what happens when something unexpected happens? Governments must be allowed to adapt and form policy as situations warrant. The government had a duty to carry out the democratic wishes of the British people. We can only hope they do a good job of it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
. This is because you are a victim and are after any excuse not to do well in life.

Where did this come from, where have I commented on my personal circumstances, why am I looking to fail in life, where have I said this.

Stop making things up, and stick to the facts otherwise :shutup:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Sweden

Higher GDP per captia,
Lower public debt as % of GDP
Lower deficit as % of GDP

And a law and order system crumbling, arson epidemic, rape capital of Europe, the ISIS flag is acceptable (sorry, legal at least) and a migrant problem out of control. Don't see that on MSM do you? I wonder why.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There is no need for parliamentary scrutiny regarding Brexit being carried out, the referendum gave a mandate for the incumbent government, whoever they happened to be.

I think at the very least we have crossed wires. I am not suggesting that parliament acts to block invoking article 50 itself, rather that the subsequent processes are held to parliamentary scrutiny. By removing that scrutiny you run into the government acting in an autocratic/authoritarian manner.

The fact that they are the government gives them all the mandate they need. Your point regarding the lack of Brexit policy in their manifesto is a red herring. I suspect that the labour party also didn't have anything about Brexit in their manifesto either. If a party can only take action based upon the contents of their previous manifesto, what happens when something unexpected happens? Governments must be allowed to adapt and form policy as situations warrant. The government had a duty to carry out the democratic wishes of the British people. We can only hope they do a good job of it.

Of course governments adapt and act, but there are process that are gone through. They don't just come up and do something. Hence parliamentary scrutiny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here