Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
'What you see is what you get
You've made your bed, you'd better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
You'll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns
And the public wants what the public gets'

Truly prophetic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
DerbyshireLeave not happy on twitter.

Seems to think the question on the ballot paper was about stopping immigration.

Clearly the question was simply about leaving the EU - nothing was on the ballot about ending Free Movement etc.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Do you really have so little faith in our great nation? We are more than capable of running our own country without the help of the EU. The UK is great because of the people here, not because of some bureaucrats in the EU.

Are you the type of person that needs to be constantly shown how to conduct themselves in the right manor? Can you not look after yourself? Can your country not look after its self?

This is exactly the delusion that got us into this problem. I think some people believe we still have an empire and control most of the world. Realistically we were much stronger as part of the EU than we will be on our own. I'm realistic and realise Britain don't really mean much in a world with the likes of the US and China, The EU was our best chance to compete on a global scale. We won't go back to being this huge world power, we'll just end up negotiating agreements with other countries where the other country benefits because we are desperate. Sadly, when this happens, it will be too late to change.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wonder how many people who voted remain will admit they did in 4 years time after this country prospers outside the EU and sees how the EU continues in a direction that even most remainer's weren't happy with.

Your welcome.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We will end the ‘free movement’ of people from the EU and take back control. We will introduce a points-based system under which migrants will be admitted to the UK on the basis of their skills, not their passport.

Statement made by Michael Gove and Boris Johnson during the campaign.

Going back on that would be political and electoral suicide which is why it won't happen. Free movement will not continue.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was thinking dual bands like in the Fleetwood Mac era. John and George do theirs whilst Macca and Ringo try their best to keep up. A dead Beatle tends to be better than a living one.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I wonder how many people who voted remain will admit they did in 4 years time after this country prospers outside the EU and sees how the EU continues in a direction that even most remainer's weren't happy with.

Your welcome.

They were only just getting over pretending that they never wanted to join the Euro .....................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We will end the ‘free movement’ of people from the EU and take back control. We will introduce a points-based system under which migrants will be admitted to the UK on the basis of their skills, not their passport.

Statement made by Michael Gove and Boris Johnson during the campaign.

Going back on that would be political and electoral suicide which is why it won't happen. Free movement will not continue.
There was nothing on the ballot paper about ending free movement though.

It was simply remain in or leave the EU.

Everything else is details for Parliament / exit negotiations or even another referendum.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
This is exactly the delusion that got us into this problem. I think some people believe we still have an empire and control most of the world. Realistically we were much stronger as part of the EU than we will be on our own. I'm realistic and realise Britain don't really mean much in a world with the likes of the US and China, The EU was our best chance to compete on a global scale. We won't go back to being this huge world power, we'll just end up negotiating agreements with other countries where the other country benefits because we are desperate. Sadly, when this happens, it will be too late to change.

I am under no illusion that we will become some world super power. I do not even want to be some world super power. Just a country that stands on it's own two feet.

D

Deleted member 2719

What a ridiculous post. Sitting on the fence is being indecisive. Completely different to what you are talking about.

As for your final sentence, what a load of drivel. I am British. I have always lived here. Doesn't mean I have to agree with any decision that the British public make. A vast majority of the British public as a whole didn't vote to leave and only a small majority of the actual voters voted to go. It was such a small majority that, I agree with the OP, we shouldn't have left based on it.

Whatever you might think you have put your young family in danger. Any change is a risk. You cannot possibly know the future. In my opinion, people like you have put the whole country's future at risk and it will be my generation who pay the biggest price (despite not voting for it). Isn't democracy great?
Democracy is great because it's FAIR like it or not. What makes you feel you know the future then???
I am not a massive risk taker but I am a calculated risk taker and IMO this is calculated.
You can stick around and fight or just keep feeling sorry for yourself and you not even been through tough times. You unfortunately are one of what I would call the fluffy brigade, time to dig deep and become a man. Sorry to patronise but that's my belief.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Did I say that everyone in the older generation voted leave? The majority of over 65s voted leave and the majority of 18-40s voted to remain. That is a fact.

For Pete's sake, Finch,calm down and stop foaming at the mouth.
I merely stated my own position. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I happen to agree with virtually everything you said.:)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I read a comment on Facebook by someone who was going to vote 'leave' after reading that Amir Khan wants to compete for Pakistan at the Olympics.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The agenda for this term of office has just been irrecovably changed. This government were not elected with a mandate to exit Europe, and have not been preparing to do so.

We will soon find ourselves with an unelected PM negotiating terms we know little about. I strongly doubt that Johnson or Gove are well equipped to meet this challenge.

We don't yet have a clear view on what happens next. A Tory leadership battle in October.. Bojo fudging on when the timeline should start. Hannan and Farage welching on referendum promises already.....

Even when we do decide to start the process, it will take two years to agree terms.
The ongoing uncertainty will not be beneficial to our economy. This is not just the market reacting badly to an unexpected result.
This market uncertainty is going to be around for a while. A recession seems highly likely to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here