Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surprised. Worried. Ready.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
OK. I bite. Ninety per cent of the personal abuse on the referendum threads has come from the Brexit side. You can put it down to excitement, or passion, or lack of vocabulary, or fundamental unpleasantness or whatever you want. What you can't do is imply that the opposite is true. It is this kind of fact-warping that contributed to a lot of heat in the debate and frankly I'm not surprised when a leaver has a go.

Consider this, on a Vote Leave flyer that came through my door the other day.

there has been abuse from both sides. Its not an abuse competition. I was particularly referring to the accusations both explicit and through sly insinuation that anybody voting Leave is an ignorant racist. I have socially progressive views and am particularly offended by these tactics. I have no idea how many others feel like me. It seems a little self destructive to insult people who you are trying to persuade.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Assuming that we remain the UK, in which ways do Europe need us?

Well,as usual,we'll have to rescue them when their Euro army falls apart!:lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Now is the time to be pro Europe! It's only the EU we voted to leave, we still love our European neighbours and we need to show them :love:

Just because we don't agree with the direction of EU politics doesn't mean we want to close our borders.

I,m hosting an evening here tomorrow for 26, nearly half of whom will be French. I will be more than interested to listen to their thoughts on the decision to leave the European Union.

I am sad, not just at the decision to leave, but the shocking lies, mis-information and insults dished out by both sides. In the end, the "Don't Knows" have decided our fate because so very few people on both sides were truthful. What a stupid Referendum, that gets decided by people who don't have the correct information.IMHO, that was just plain wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am sad, not just at the decision to leave, but the shocking lies, mis-information and insults dished out by both sides.
The same as every general election I'd have thought.
In the end, the "Don't Knows" have decided our fate because so very few people on both sides were truthful. What a stupid Referendum, that gets decided by people who don't have the correct information.
Again, the same as most general elections. Parties always lie and tell us how much better it will be if we vote for them, and voters have to make their best guess, when we don't have all the facts. I don't see how this is any different.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Go for it:drink:

But we pay our MPs to make our big decisions for us, not gamble their own political careers by passing these decisions to a public that doesn't really have the facts to hand.

What next? A referendum on taking the country to war in Iraq? A referendum on being a republic maybe? What about on whether we want the BoE to increase interest rates?

THIS FFS.

The general public should NEVER have been allowed to vote on this, and the fact the general public have voted out shows just why.

F**cking divs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But that's true of many who voted IN too. Some would have feared that we'll face more terrorist threats, or even a war - that we were safer together. They were hoodwinked too.

Of course there will be some racist idiots that voted leave, but there will also be some people who voted remain because they don't want to associate themselves with the racists. But there are also many people who voted leave because they think it's the best long term option for our country. Of course you think that remaining was the best choice, but you're assuming (even though you'll deny it) that people who disagree cannot be right.

I've never said that at all. Nobody could say, as the Brexit campaign never spelled out any post-Brexit plans. They could be right - the future may be bright. Or not.

Personally, even IF things turn out well, that will not excuse taking the GAMBLE with our nations' prosperity, security or international relations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here