Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
In 2017, UK exports to the EU were £274 billion (44% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £341 billion (53% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has fallen over time from 55% in 2006 to 43% in 2016, increasing slightly to 44% in 2017.
https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851

The company you work for has an arrangement that it must send all it's product into Europe on Euro pallets.
Great.
Not everybody has the same arrangement because it doesn't have too, because we are all in the EU, it's the customers choice.
Currently any pallet predominately GKN's can also be sent.

No Deal means ALL pallets entering the EU from the UK will have to be EU compliant and checked that they are accordingly.

The companies that currently don't have to use EU compliant pallets, because they are in the EU and therefore EU compliant, will require EU compliant pallets of which the UK doesn't have nearly enough because it is reliant on ALL pallets being compliant.

I take it as you've reverted back to snidey you now understand but don't want to admit it

Oh and I had no idea this was a thing until 2 days ago.
Nobody did.
Although I'm pretty sure there are a couple of thousand yard boys, leaning on brooms, chatting to drivers who have known for months that was a potential thing.

What a shambles.

No I don't I only know how to unload the feckers, by hand, when it's packed with barely an inch to spare.

Your own figures prove we export more to the normal World than the EU.Lots of countries not in the Evil Empire require heat treatment for wooden pallets and crates,so it's not peculiar to the EU.Companies have been consulting Government advice on export requirements since time immemorial,so pretending it's something new is a load of pooh.As for unloading by hand,you are not alone.My least favourite experience was unloading 4 40 ft containers full of volcanic powder (soil additive) from Turkey.It was jammed in on collapsed Euro pallets in 20 kg bags.My work colleague,Daewood Ahmed,ended up whiter than me because he wouldn't wear a mask.Bryan Robson was unavailable for that one!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So you've only just realised that the only option Britain has without agreement from the EU is to withdraw A50 entirely ?

So, still don't know what you voted for.

And, as pointed out by vegster, you've been following this thread for a year before you joined NSC.

Easily confused, doesn't understand what's going on and repeating same tired old cliches.

You don't happen to go drinking with Bryan Robson and drive a forklift do you ?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Still got no explanation why you think Aldi UK,purchasing Cheddar cheese in the UK,for re-sale in the UK,would need to know what import duty was payable.Perhaps you think the West Country has declared UDI under their idiot leader,The Chopper?That's 3 days now.I know clerical staff aren't renowned for rapid response,but do come on.

Tick Tock

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think the only fleeting interest is who's second account you are ?

I would guess one of the leavers that was very vocal on this thread, got proven wrong so many times that it became an embarrassment and decided to stop making an idiot of themselves on such a regular basis. They then couldn't resist posting something on this thread and so had to set up a new account to make an idiot of themselves again.

I don't think I have narrowed it down much from quite a large field :lolol:

Forgotten your other identities?Not posting as the mad kraut anymore?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
In 2017, UK exports to the EU were £274 billion (44% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £341 billion (53% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has fallen over time from 55% in 2006 to 43% in 2016, increasing slightly to 44% in 2017.
https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851

The company you work for has an arrangement that it must send all it's product into Europe on Euro pallets.
Great.
Not everybody has the same arrangement because it doesn't have too, because we are all in the EU, it's the customers choice.
Currently any pallet predominately GKN's can also be sent.

No Deal means ALL pallets entering the EU from the UK will have to be EU compliant and checked that they are accordingly.

The companies that currently don't have to use EU compliant pallets, because they are in the EU and therefore EU compliant, will require EU compliant pallets of which the UK doesn't have nearly enough because it is reliant on ALL pallets being compliant.

I take it as you've reverted back to snidey you now understand but don't want to admit it

Oh and I had no idea this was a thing until 2 days ago.
Nobody did.
Although I'm pretty sure there are a couple of thousand yard boys, leaning on brooms, chatting to drivers who have known for months that was a potential thing.

What a shambles.

No I don't I only know how to unload the feckers, by hand, when it's packed with barely an inch to spare.

Snidey?Moi?Most yard boys are a damn sight more useful than a logistics manager.My favourite ordered us to get a 'high cube 20' express container' as he'd promised the MD it would be in Charlotte next week.:lolol:.The phone was left on speaker so everybody could hear the howls of laughter from our freight agents.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still got no explanation why you think Aldi UK,purchasing Cheddar cheese in the UK,for re-sale in the UK,would need to know what import duty was payable.Perhaps you think the West Country has declared UDI under their idiot leader,The Chopper?That's 3 days now.I know clerical staff aren't renowned for rapid response,but do come on.

Tick Tock

Well their cheddar comes from Scotland so watch this space....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Remind me then. Because so far all the "positives" I've seen cited are actually hokey.

Holding those that make decisions about our lives more directly accountable through the ballot box = hokey? How sad.

Anyone who wanted the UK to gain more control over EU migration would be welcoming the fact net EU migration has fallen considerably since the referendum and we haven't even left yet.

Leaving the EU guaranteeing we would no longer be on the path to ever closer union that has been the number one reason (See Euro crisis) for economic turmoil, stunted economic growth and suffering in many member states ... not a positive?

Withdrawing from a protectionist club, increasing domestic prices in many areas, a club with receding economic Uk and global importance .. giving us more opportunity to trade with the fastest growing economies across the globe, not a positive?

Regaining primacy of UK law ... not a positive?

Removing the UK from a club where numerous increasingly authoritarian far left/right governments have a veto in numerous areas that affect us ... not a positive?

Not being part of an organisation that inflicts crushing austerity (see Greece, mass unemployment, mass poverty, jump in suicides, collapse in GDP growth) on a member state for breaking rules while turning a blind eye to other richer members doing the same.

Unfortunately, numerous peeps on this thread have been conflating the piss poor way the negotiating process has been handled by an overwhelming pro remain political class ... with the underlying completely valid reasons for voting leave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your own figures prove we export more to the normal World than the EU.Lots of countries not in the Evil Empire require heat treatment for wooden pallets and crates,so it's not peculiar to the EU.Companies have been consulting Government advice on export requirements since time immemorial,so pretending it's something new is a load of pooh.As for unloading by hand,you are not alone.My least favourite experience was unloading 4 40 ft containers full of volcanic powder (soil additive) from Turkey.It was jammed in on collapsed Euro pallets in 20 kg bags.My work colleague,Daewood Ahmed,ended up whiter than me because he wouldn't wear a mask.Bryan Robson was unavailable for that one!

I'm not pretending it's something now, just pointing out it's something different.
A difference which has the potential of being quite devastating to the UK ability to export into and (I'm guessing here) through the EU.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thank you. The confirmation I was looking for. Cummins says that it was the £350m claim that clinched victory at the same time as making no attempt to suggest that it (the claim) was remotely true. In fact, by implication, he accepts that it wasn't. Another word for something that isn't true?

Up until now plenty of Brexiteers have claimed on here that hardly one really believed the bus claim anyway - I think you yourself have suggested it was patronising to suggest they did. What does that Cummins know anyway, eh?

In which case it's as factually accurate to say you said ....

I have contempt for the 2016 referendum result, I am a nailed on hypocrite and regularly misrepresent other peoples opinions

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Holding those that make decisions about our lives more directly accountable through the ballot box = hokey? How sad.

Anyone who wanted the UK to gain more control over EU migration would be welcoming the fact net EU migration has fallen considerably since the referendum and we haven't even left yet.

Leaving the EU guaranteeing we would no longer be on the path to ever closer union that has been the number one reason (See Euro crisis) for economic turmoil, stunted economic growth and suffering in many member states ... not a positive?

Withdrawing from a protectionist club, increasing domestic prices in many areas, a club with receding economic Uk and global importance .. giving us more opportunity to trade with the fastest growing economies across the globe, not a positive?

Regaining primacy of UK law ... not a positive?

Removing the UK from a club where numerous increasingly authoritarian far left/right governments have a veto in numerous areas that affect us ... not a positive?

Not being part of an organisation that inflicts crushing austerity (see Greece, mass unemployment, mass poverty, jump in suicides, collapse in GDP growth) on a member state for breaking rules while turning a blind eye to other richer members doing the same.

Unfortunately, numerous peeps on this thread have been conflating the piss poor way the negotiating process has been handled by an overwhelming pro remain political class ... with the underlying completely valid reasons for voting leave.

clutching-at-straws.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You have a unhealthy obsession with Me, should I be worried?The reason I know about PPF and bushy is because I know them.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That explains a lot.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Best you stick to faithfully parroting the EU/Irish negotiating line or referencing blue passports, private education, endless chips on your shoulder comrade ...

I was laughing at your immigration remarks to begin with there - like people voted leave to reduce EU immigration and replace it like-for-like with non EU immigration ie people from developing countries. :rolleyes: (Still, that's what the Singaporean model requires, so needs must.)

The rest of it was really lovely, nostalgic, Little England stuff.

Then you finished off with blaming it on remoaners. Genius by name, genius by nature. :lolol:

( I see you mentioned chips on the shoulder and the Irish in the same sentence because you've got one burning into your wax jacket there over them - it's got to be really chastening for you and oddball English Brexiteers like Rees-Mogg and Paterson - getting comprehensively owned by the Irish and Johnny Foreigner over Brexit because they wouldn't know their place. That's got to hurt that, especially as Brexit is purely an English creation too - bit like being an International Board member of the FA at The Empire Stadium, Wembley and seeing Johnny Foreigner from Hungary win 6-3 in 1953 at Association Football. :nono: )

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well their cheddar comes from Scotland so watch this space....

:rotlf::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:So you looked on Google and found that one of the cheddars Aldi sells is sourced in Scotland.So what?If the Scottish people gain independence,then import duties might apply,but until then :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It's clearly a Brexiteer that's been banned from this thread. It's the only subject Baker lite has ever posted on. And all this nonsense about not being able to see he has a join date. He's rumbled.
Interestingly, apart from my short ban from here it's only Leavers that have been banned form this thread for abuse, despite them claiming they are the ones receiving the abuse. Couldn't be more lies, could it?

Get over Me, move on.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:rotlf::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:So you looked on Google and found that one of the cheddars Aldi sells is sourced in Scotland.So what?If the Scottish people gain independence,then import duties might apply,but until then :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Didn’t need to look, I have some in the fridge. I wasn’t mounting a serious argument against your cheddar case, I couldn’t care less. Just struck me as a funny thing to hang onto for weeks. Glad it’s obviously made you laugh .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm not pretending it's something now, just pointing out it's something different.
A difference which has the potential of being quite devastating to the UK ability to export into and (I'm guessing here) through the EU.

Perhaps the amount of physical goods requiring palletisation for the EU is not as great as you think.In fact,if the EU continue to play politics,it might be nil.One day soon,you and your EU luvvies might realise what a busted flush the whole experiment is,as the Euro goes into meltdown,along with the ECB and its mountains of QE debt.Hope we manage to recover what they owe us.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Didn’t need to look, I have some in the fridge. I wasn’t mounting a serious argument against your cheddar case, I couldn’t care less. Just struck me as a funny thing to hang onto for weeks. Glad it’s obviously made you laugh .

Good grief.Aldi stuff in your fridge?You don't seem the type to buy British.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here