Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Unless it's enshrined in law don't trust her.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Completely, the one thing about May is she can't be trusted.

Labour's move yesterday comes with risks, but at least they are putting the country over their party.

All going to come down to the 12/13 March, the swivel eyed loons in the Tory party need to decide whether they want their own disaster Brexit or not and hand all the cards to Europe with a £39B payment...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Labour's move yesterday comes with risks, but at least they are putting the country over their party.

All going to come down to the 12/13 March, the swivel eyed loons in the Tory party need to decide whether they want their own disaster Brexit or not and hand all the cards to Europe with a £39B payment...
Oh please. Labour have had two years to put country over party, and all Corbyn has done is push for a general election. Suddenly, with 8 of his MPs quitting and with more threatening to do so unless he acts in accordance with the wishes of rank and file membership, he's actually done the right thing - out of self preservation.

If you want an "at least", I'd say at least he's doing what his members actually want him to do. May is just being bullied by the extremists in her party, at great cost to the country.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

At least I don't have to write all of that

Oh please. Labour have had two years to put country over party, and all Corbyn has done is push for a general election. Suddenly, with 8 of his MPs quitting and with more threatening to do so unless he acts in accordance with the wishes of rank and file membership, he's actually done the right thing - out of self preservation.

If you want an "at least", I'd say at least he's doing what his members actually want him to do. May is just being bullied by the extremists in her party, at great cost to the country.

I can just put - This.

But I'll add Nick, you wrote that 2 posts below 764 hours - remaining until we leave the EU.

Please please don't be so foolish as to think Corbyn is suddenly putting country first.

If the country had even the hint of a creditable opposition 'battling' the very worst ruling government, irrespective as to where we'd be in the process, we'd be in a considerably better position.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have to agree with you here. Corbyn has had many opportunities but only does things when pushed. He had the chance to put forward votes of no confidence in the Government an only did so when invited by May!!!

He has tried to use Brexit to engineer an general election because for some reason, despite labour being disastrously behind in the polls, he thinks he could win it on the back of the 2017 results where I suspect many were making a protest vote against the government.

Brexit might have progressed better (for those that actually want it) had it been a cross party issue but the Tories treated it as their baby and are now reaping the rewards!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
still posting drivel.....
He thinks he's winding up only remainers who are moaning. I don't know about you, I just find him vaguely annoying as well as very stupid. Each to their own. All this "sweetie" "cutie" bollocks as well - looking forward to that particular facade coming crashing down if he doesn't get his way...

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brexit might have progressed better (for those that actually want it) had it been a cross party issue but the Tories treated it as their baby and are now reaping the rewards!!!
There's no 'might' about it, by virtue it genuinely couldn't be much worse.

If the Labour party hadn't dithered for two and a half years, we'd either have something close to the Brexit those that wanted it asked for, or we'd have no Brexit at all.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
He thinks he's winding up only remainers who are moaning. I don't know about you, I just find him vaguely annoying as well as very stupid. Each to their own. All this "sweetie" "cutie" bollocks as well - looking forward to that particular facade coming crashing down if he doesn't get his way...

You take yourself far to seriously,calm down,take a breath,it’s not about getting My way,it’s about implementing what the majority voted for,I really wouldn’t get to emotional about it, disappointed yes but certainly not bereft, at least We tried.
Go home tonight,have a beer and let’s hope for 3 points for the Albion eh?

On our way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So what does Labours move actually mean?

Are we down to 3 options now?

No Brexit/Peoples Ref/Mays deal?

it means nothing, its a way of deflecting from taking a decision. the options are still No Brexit/Revoke/Deal, having a referendum means you have to discount one of these options. if they can vote on another referendum they can vote to either revoke article 50 or simply accept what the EU has offered.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So what does Labours move actually mean?

Are we down to 3 options now?

No Brexit/Peoples Ref/Mays deal?

I suppose so. Labour’s very odd ‘Norway-minus’ deal will go to the house next week apparently. This is likely to be defeated soundly. Labour then only then have a public *vote on May’s Deal to get behind.

*This vote might not include remain option.

Meanwhile, no deal is under immense pressure from lots of Tories.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You take yourself far to seriously,calm down,take a breath,it’s not about getting My way,it’s about implementing what the majority voted for,I really wouldn’t get to emotional about it, disappointed yes but certainly not bereft, at least We tried.
Go home tonight,have a beer and let’s hope for 3 points for the Albion eh?

On our way.
I don't take myself far too seriously at all, but like many on here I do take Brexit seriously. I just find you a contemptible, unintelligent, tedious bore who thinks he's being funny by trotting out that strap-line and sprinkling "sweetie" and "cutie" in responses to people who worry that Brexit is a disaster and have the temerity to take the issue seriously.

You probably think it's only remainers who find you depressingly banal, but I suspect there are leavers who do too but dare not say it.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can only assume your not to keen on My vote either..Not to worry, I could die before the losers vote so that’ll be another “gammon” gone eh?

On our way.

Your vote is fine. You’re a ****.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don't take myself far too seriously at all, but like many on here I do take Brexit seriously. I just find you a contemptible, unintelligent, tedious bore who thinks he's being funny by trotting out that strap-line and sprinkling "sweetie" and "cutie" in responses to people who worry that Brexit is a disaster and have the temerity to take the issue seriously.

You probably think it's only remainers who find you depressingly banal, but I suspect there are leavers who do too but dare not say it.

Calm down,you’re going to bust an O ring the way your going,all is going to be good with the world,and as for “daring not to say “what on earth are you on about?crikey we’re not in France if folk want to express an opinion they’re perfectly entitled to,strewth...

On our way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to see the right wing press getting nervous today, always fun when they fear that common sense might arrive.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I agree with you....and HerrTubthumper is not far behind Bakerlite either. Neither of them have endeared themselves to their cause.

I am a 'remainer' and the constant rubbish posted on here is so disappointing.

I now live in France...( and have done so for a few years now ). I'm retired and whatever is decided over the next few weeks is incredibly important to me....and a few million others living in Europe. People like me will have to accept what Parliament/Government decides over the next few weeks and get on with the total disruption to our lives that it could bring. I can do that.

What is so deeply offensive on this thread is the pathetic comments made by regular posters on both sides of this national divide.

This forum has many posters....with many different views....and much 'informed' knowledge.

This thread has failed NSC,s usual high standards.

I am sad about that.

PS; I still pay my taxes to the UK government......

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

I agree with you....and HerrTubthumper is not far behind Bakerlite either. Neither of them have endeared themselves to their cause.

I am a 'remainer' and the constant rubbish posted on here is so disappointing.

I now live in France...( and have done so for a few years now ). I'm retired and whatever is decided over the next few weeks is incredibly important me....and a few million others living in Europe. People like me will have to accept what Parliament/Government decides over the next few weeks and get on with the total disruption to our lives that it could bring. I can do that.

What is so deeply offensive on this thread is the pathetic comments made by regular posters on both sides of this national divide.

This forum has many posters....with many different views....and much 'informed' knowledge.

This thread has failed NSC,s usual high standards.

I am sad about that.

I have no cause, I just voted to leave, sorry about that.Perhaps the “on our way “is a bit annoying but I like it and it seems to really upset Clamp,Watford,simmster and other doom merchants so that cannot be a bad thing.And good for you for still paying your taxes,admirable,a real trooper.

On our way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here