Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement enters into force on 1 February ��������
Businesses and consumers across Europe and in Japan can now take advantage of the largest open trade zone in the world:
635 million people, 1/3 of global GDP
#EUJapan #EUtrade

That's fine by me, I don't own anything from Japan other than my car, TV's, music player, monitor, a fair few batteries.
Nothing I can't do without.

After all we beat all of them in the last world war.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Even this is a mega LOLZ - left this part out didn’t you ?

Not just a footnote - page 3 asserts that “Gibraltar is not part of the UK” and so its citizens will not be part of the visa waiver offered to visiting Brits. Again this is an addition to Commission draft by EU Council (ie Spanish diplomats)

Almost like member nations of the EU have some clout in what the EU says and does, and also that we've had a right to veto a lot of this stuff over the years through being in it.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
To be fair, it was the EU that forced Spain to open the border to Gib when they joined the EU in '85.

Granted but why insult Gibraltar by calling it a Colony?just goes to show what these corrupt,ignorant snakes think of us,the second largest net contributor is walking away and they do not like it one little bit.

On our way.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Unless an extension is agreed, which is within the EU's gift if the UK asks for one.

I thought you said you were not aware of a specified leaving date.Now you want an extension to your unspecified leaving date?:mad:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's fine by me, I don't own anything from Japan other than my car, TV's, music player, monitor, a fair few batteries.
Nothing I can't do without.

After all we beat all of them in the last world war.

I don't suppose any of it was actually made in Japan.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement enters into force on 1 February ��������
Businesses and consumers across Europe and in Japan can now take advantage of the largest open trade zone in the world:
#EUJapan #EUtrade

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...res-japanese-pledge-on-post-brexit-trade-deal

Theresa May has secured a much hoped-for formal commitment from Japan that both countries will seek to instantly replace an EU-Japan trade deal with a facsimile equivalent for the UK when Brexit happens.

It commits both nations to treating as an “immediate priority” the signing of a long-discussed economic partnership agreement, or EPA, between Japan and the UK.

The joint statement says: “As the UK exits the EU we will work quickly to establish a new economic partnership between Japan and the UK based on the final terms of the EPA.”

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
#EUJapan #EUtrade

Obviously, good news for the struggling Eurozone economies eventually coming to a deal with Europes seventh biggest export market, hopefully, they will now concentrate in securing a deal with continental Europes second largest export market...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Granted but why insult Gibraltar by calling it a Colony?just goes to show what these corrupt,ignorant snakes think of us,the second largest net contributor is walking away and they do not like it one little bit.

On our way.

Ignorant EU dummies.Part of Great Britain just as much as Ceuta and Mellila are of Spain.And by right of treaty,not of conquest.Hypocrites all!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CBA. Suffice to say that once again, 2 Braincells is wrong.

Ceuta and Mellila both elect to the Spanish parliament and are officially "autonomous cities of Spain". You can argue the rights and wrongs of Spain's ownership, but they are both much more part of Spain than Gibraltar is of Great Britain.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That is a HUGE insult from The corrupt EU,Gibraltar is NOT a colony it is British, goes to show the outright contempt with which the EU hold us.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marvellous self righteous indignation ! I can almost feel your ventricles splitting as you type.....

On your way.... to a heart attack :rotlf:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I thought you said you were not aware of a specified leaving date.Now you want an extension to your unspecified leaving date?:mad:

Nope, not what I said at all. The date can be changed, but Brexit is not an "event" that happens on the 29th March, it is a process that takes anything up to a decade.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Nope, not what I said at all. The date can be changed, but Brexit is not an "event" that happens on the 29th March, it is a process that takes anything up to a decade.

Oh it is, the law states that The United Kingdom will leave the European Union on the 29th of March 2019.
Tickety Tock.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Indeed. Exactly the same arrangement as Ukraine has with the EU. Not too surprising.

We were all led to believe we wouldn't be able to travel without visas time eu states. Yet here you are saying it's not surprising. Mind you how will we get there with all the planes grounded?:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here