Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Great. The country voted Leave/Stay...no bugger gets what they wanted, govt. falls apart and gonna cost us dearly.

tenor.gif

465854c66f00f7964d9aefed99633877.gif

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Whole parliament should be sent straight to the gulags.

None of then have acted in the interest of the public but instead have been manoeuvrering to put themselves in the best position once this mess is over, that goes for the government and the opposition.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve got things to do today, which is a shame as this thread will be interesting.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Time for May to go surely ? Possibly the worst PM we've had in my lifetime.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Then I'm afraid we will have to disagree. I think the last few posts have shown that I have a reasonable idea of what 'no deal' means, it's implications and the issues arising from it. I think therefor, that the assumption that because you don't understand it, then no-one else does is somewhat misplaced.

Nobody wants to stop trading with us but what, exactly do we do at all our borders (including the currently non existing one in NI) on 1st April (most appropriate) 135 days time if we take your line of 'no deal' and something will be worked out ?

What do we charge each country and each individual product as import tariffs if we don't have any rates agreed with the WTO? How do we manage the charging and management of those tariffs and how do we check all imports to decide what they are and where they are from ?

I can assure you there are no 'secret trade deals' in place.

The EU will extend our membership with the same (or increased fees and no influence over any aspect of the rules under which we trade). It makes no sense for them to have their nearest neighbour blow their brains out, economically speaking. The mess will effect them !

I'm sorry, but I don't think you have addressed any one of the issues I have highlighted. I'm trying to avoid the word 'fantasy' but am struggling for an alternative :shrug:

We all have to deal with reality in the end (except for Ppf when there is always a new colour of crayon to taste)

So on that basis, even though there is nothing in place to extended our EU membership, you say they will do that until things are finalised.

On the same basis then, surely the WTO will let us use our current tariffs as a emergency until things with them are finalised? I don't see a lot of difference between the two scenarios.

The bottom line is, no one will stop importing or exporting from Britain. No one can afford to.

Also i think it is a very very bold claim to say no secret trade talks have began. How would you know this. I speculate that it may be happening, you seem to know 100% that its not. Interesting.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Time for May to go surely ? Possibly the worst PM we've had in my lifetime.

After Gordon Brown, I never though that sentence would be used without his name in it. But May has sunk to a new low.

She should do everyone a favour and just resign. Fair enough, we had an impossible job to do, we was never going to get what we wanted out of the EU, but the mess she has created, she should just do the honourable thing and quit, and let someone else sort this crap out. To have two Brexit secretary quit over Brexit, would suggest that your plan has failed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is no way this is getting through parliament.

I'd have sympathy with May if she had ever bothered to pursue sensible policies. She should have delegated Brexit negotiations entirely to leading Brexit MPs in her party, and then put it to a people's 2 question vote - in or out. if out, deal or no deal. Instead she's been pig-headed, presiding over a deal that nobody believes is any good whatsoever and consistently rules out handing the final decision to the people. As a remainer, I can tell you that if this country still wanted Brexit, I'd be full square behind it. Obviously I believe that just isn't the case anymore yet May would rather take the gutless easy option of not facing down her pro-Brexit MPs and doing what's right now that we have the facts to hand.

As for Labour, any semblance of respect I had for Jeremy Corbyn after what I will say was an honest and costed GE campaign has now well and truly gone. He's clearly a dinosaur who is more concerned with carrying out his own beliefs rather than the will of his party, never mind the electorate.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
After reportedly backing May's deal last night in cabinet, Michael Gove pulled out of a visit to Teeside today earlier for 'personal reasons.' Looks like those reasons could be 'personal gain.'

[tweet]1063013464401211393[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1063008263225126912[/tweet]

Hilarious post on Mcvey's Twitter in response.... " Would you like some help with your Universal Credit application ? "

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here