Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Their paper seems to suggest simply carrying on as now, and trust everyone and everything which goes across the border. Am I missing something?

Yes, you missed the roaming Customs Inspectors that will turn up unannounced and ask difficult questions, inspired by Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition sketch.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In the ERG plans the UK is going to maintain agricultural regulatory alignment post Brexit with the EU so that agricultural products are going to be able to freely move between NI and SI. However unless NI is going to be treated differently to the rest of the UK (cant see that going down well) then agricultural products are going to have to be able to freely move across every border.

Given Gove’s announcement today that the “farmers to see funding cut post-Brexit after Gove shakeup” this will likely mean that agricultural products will become increasingly cheaper in the EU and these cheaper products will be free to move into the UK.

Bad news for British farmers! :hilton:

I think their proposal is that no GM crops, Hormone injected cattle, etc would be permitted in N.I. but that may not be the case for the rest of the UK. If there is a difference, then it seems to me we would come back to some sort of border checks between the mainland UK and N.I.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They just don't get it do they. I've wanted to leave the EU for as long as I can remember. I didn't need a campaign because once it was called it was done and dusted as far as I was concerned. Nothing to do with immigration or taking control of our borders. I just wanted out end of. Lock,stock and barrel as far as I'm concerned but looks like we're going to get that chequers deal.

I see, well when you put the case for leaving like that, I am convinced now that it must be the right choice.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The EU. Don't do as we say then you get punished. What sort of shit hole organisation is this. That is bullying a country on a massive scale.

What sort of club is it that has rules that can be broken without sanction?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Every country should be free to decide who they let in, true?

To an extent, but let me put something to you, lets say you are at sea, and a storm is coming, you head for the nearest port, but are refused entry. Who is the ****? You for being in the shit and looking for a safe haven, or the bugger that would let you drown rather than share some space with you?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Today we get the next tranche of papers sketching out the specific implications of the 'no deal leave'. I don't think that anyone one this thread has any expectation that these will change anyone's mind and certainly not the Remainers who will just see it as another crock of Brexshit. It will contain no good news for anyone. Unless one of our Leavers can find some...…………….(as usual when the invitation goes out for Leavers to salvage something positive expectations of a response are not high).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So - was the UK continually ripped off, thwarted, and ganged up against by the EU? Did they conspire against us and block everything we stood for?
Here's a bit of evidence that suggests that maybe this wasn't the case...……………….it kind of plays against the 'bully EU' perspective that we hear quite a lot about in these parts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...of-the-rest-of-the-eu-in-run-up-to-referendum

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
So - was the UK continually ripped off, thwarted, and ganged up against by the EU? Did they conspire against us and block everything we stood for?
Here's a bit of evidence that suggests that maybe this wasn't the case...……………….it kind of plays against the 'bully EU' perspective that we hear quite a lot about in these parts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...of-the-rest-of-the-eu-in-run-up-to-referendum

I'm not sure how the EU have ganged up, thwarted or bullied Britain by holding the consistent line that if you're leaving you can't cherry pick bits of our club and that we will also need a timescale for decisions.

Make no mistake, this total f*** up has been organised and carried out solely by the Britain, it's Government and the Leave voters. The EU, rather like a lot of remainers have simply been bemused bystanders throughout.

All that has happened in 2.5 years is that it has gradually dawned on a group of snake oil salesman and their naive followers that the fantasy world they were selling (and following) is not (and never was) possible. The reality has now set in and the blame game has started :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Obviously despite nobody in the aviation industry being told anything, we all know that aviation will be fine even in a no deal Brexit because NSC Brexiteers have said it will be and it's just #projectfear.

Sky News obtained letters last night from Chris Grayling appealing for bilateral agreements with member states to preserve 'existing air service and road transport arrangements' - https://news.sky.com/story/revealed...maintain-existing-air-and-road-links-11496108

Yet again, today's tranche of technical notices for no deal will contain nothing on aviation.

Still - Chris Grayling + agreements with 27 other countries + talks haven't even started + 6 months to do it in = It'll be fine/Tick-Tock/We're on our way.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Obviously despite nobody in the aviation industry being told anything, we all know that aviation will be fine even in a no deal Brexit because NSC Brexiteers have said it will be and it's just #projectfear.

Sky News obtained letters last night from Chris Grayling appealing for bilateral agreements with member states to preserve 'existing air service and road transport arrangements' - https://news.sky.com/story/revealed...maintain-existing-air-and-road-links-11496108

Yet again, today's tranche of technical notices for no deal will contain nothing on aviation.

Still - Chris Grayling + agreements with 27 other countries + talks haven't even started + 6 months to do it in = It'll be fine/Tick-Tock/We're on our way.

Appealing /begging

Brexit Britain, taking back control of nothing, begging for everything

D

Deleted member 22389

What they going to do refund all plane tickets to people. End of the day something will be sorted out.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
What they going to do refund all plane tickets to people. End of the day something will be sorted out.

Sooner or later, someone has to take responsibility for the 'something will be sorted out', and trust me, there is very little later left :facepalm:

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

That is simply not how the world works. If an effort isn’t made to sort something, it doesn’t get sorted.
Yes, maybe they will have to refund all the air fares and maybe airlines will go bust. Maybe, maybe not. But in doing nothing, the government make these hitherto unlikely scenarios a real risk. Either way, uncertainty is not good for our country. And let’s face it, the Tory party hasn’t done much lately to inspire confidence in anything!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here