Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Key point here: "it WAS the will". If we are not allowed to change our minds what sort of world do we live in!.

It didn’t stop May calling an election a short while after the previous one. What happened to the will of the people then?

larus

FFS. It was manufacturing I said was in recession. And the you, yes you, posted a link to challenge this. I then pointed out your link, yes yours, also stated another sector, construction II think, was contracting. Do keep up, with yourself.

Have all you Brexiteers taken idiot pills today?

Do keep up. I know it’s a struggle with all that German beer and wine you keep having to drink to make life seem tolerable over there.

You stated that manufacturing was in recession. I pointed out that the rate of growth was slower, as the reading was (from memory) just over 53 where a reading above 50 is growth.

We all know you get confused - even when reading a line chart showing a sp;lit of exports between the EU and ROW, when you commented that “that looks suspicious as when one goes down the other goes up. Doesn’t look right to me”. Then you spent ages trying to explain,
Same as all of your claims about the UK economy being impacted by the note to leave, but the overall figures just don’t back it up.
Wages - now increasing higher than inflation.
Record employment.
Lowest level unemployment since 1975.
GDP higher than the Eurozone (I notice that when the level was low and we said it may be linked to the cold weather you laughted. Now you want to say it’s from the bounce back from the cold weather). Consistency has never been your strong point. :ffsparr:

Keep trying pal. You’ll get there eventually.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love watching Larus tie himself up in knots trying to best people on here . And failing every time.

I know. And you can tell by the little Danny Dyer-esqe keep-trying-pal comment at the end he’s getting angry. He’ll be back with his over-egged “I’m chilled me” routine tomorrow.....foooling no one. To be fair, his little post anger routine at least demonstrates some self awareness; sadly lacking in some others.

Oh, and he also most likely bat-back a few of these comments; you smell, no you smell styleeee.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know. And you can tell by the little Danny Dyer-esqe keep-trying-pal comment at the end he’s getting angry. He’ll be back with his over-egged “I’m chilled me” routine tomorrow.....foooling no one. To be fair, his little post anger routine at least demonstrates some self awareness; sadly lacking in some others.

Oh, and he also most likely bat-back a few of these comments; you smell, no you smell styleeee.

He’s a shambles.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Try it this way.

We voted to leave and the natural conclusion to the process of withdrawing is we leave.
If Corbyn wins the next election the natural conclusion is he attends the palace the day after and is invited to be prime minister and form a government.
Why would you tell Mr Corbyn sorry, some people dont agree with the result, the election must therefore be redone before the natural conclusion of being asked to form a government.
This is what you are advocating.What is democratic about that?

This is not the best of comparisons.

A general election is normally enacted immediately. If Labour won the next one Corbyn could expect to be on his way to the Palace within hours. The new government would be rolling by tomorrow. The 2016 referendum was to quite a different timescale. Arrangements were put in place right away to enact the result but after two years, for various good reasons, the process is still rolling. Enacting the result is more complex and confusing than many people thought it would be. New considerations, nuances, options are arising all the time. There is evidence (not conclusive, but possibly impressive) that the voters are modifying their view.

It is wrong to compare this with the snap effects of a normal general election. It has something in common with the situation in 1974, when Wilson, faced with a muddy outcome in the spring (I think), went back to the people before the year was over. Something in common too with 2015/2017, when May felt that the answer given by the people to Cameron in '15 wasn't what she wanted and so, with much of the Conservative manifesto still on the shelf, she asked them again.

No one queried those situations then, and no one need query this one now. Especially as, unlike a general election, the effects of the 2016 vote will affect our country for decades.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not enough time is also bullshit. May called an election on the 18th of April and it was held on the 8th of June.

And yet the Electrol Commission say there isn't enough time .... forgive me if I take their word rather than yours.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Scared then.
What is less democratic: enacting a 2 year old opinion or following the current will of the people? They could be the same or different but you would rather not check? That is some bullshit democracy you have there.

Your opinion at this current time is completely irrelevant and has no importance.
You can have a referendum on a concluded trade deal if you like, if you feel the public would have anything important to add on that, would that make you happy?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If brexit is the will of people they would not hesitate to have a second referendum. The fact they are so opposed to it speaks volumes.
Why would you accept a second referendum when you've spent months and months making your mind up for the first one that was clear? In or Out of the European Union :lolol:
What the liberal media clan and remainers need to do is bloody man up and respect the decision and REALISE we're leaving wether you like it or not:lolol:

Never thought we'd have so many bitter pampered poodles in this country who can't stand the thought of losing in a referendum.

Where's the backbone and positive thinking?The EU is a huge trading partner but it won't be as huge when we leave and there's many options around the world to expand our horizons.The EU has tough tough times ahead and will be reliant on Germany and France to prop it up.All we hear is this MAY happen and that May happen etc etc etc etc bla bla.....What we never hear is how bad it will be for the EU and it will probably be far worse for them to be frank.This clowns in Brussels don't actually give a flying fack about EU countries Internal problems as they just want the money rolling in.
If companies want to move out of this country then move....Don't threaten us with your bullshite time and time again.
Personally I'd scrap the £40 billion pay out and leave with no deal and then go from there!!

Don't get bullied by these idiots who relentlessly demand we do everything that suits them and it's time we stood up and told them where to go.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They’re absolutely petrified of a second referendum. I think they are worried about looking silly which is odd because it hasn’t worried them on here ! Hehe!

Probably best you avoid things you cant understand and leave matters to the grown ups.

I love watching Larus tie himself up in knots trying to best people on here . And failing every time.

So you dont have him on ignore even though you said you did...........you really are a gift.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So how come the general election could be done? It is possible the no time excuse is utter bullshit.

For starters the terms of a GE are already agreed - have been for decades. Secondly a GE doesn't require an Act of Parliament - a referendum does. If you're going to call bullshit it would help if you knew the different processes behind a GE and a referendum.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is not the best of comparisons.

A general election is normally enacted immediately. If Labour won the next one Corbyn could expect to be on his way to the Palace within hours. The new government would be rolling by tomorrow. The 2016 referendum was to quite a different timescale. Arrangements were put in place right away to enact the result but after two years, for various good reasons, the process is still rolling. Enacting the result is more complex and confusing than many people thought it would be. New considerations, nuances, options are arising all the time. There is evidence (not conclusive, but possibly impressive) that the voters are modifying their view.

It is wrong to compare this with the snap effects of a normal general election. It has something in common with the situation in 1974, when Wilson, faced with a muddy outcome in the spring (I think), went back to the people before the year was over. Something in common too with 2015/2017, when May felt that the answer given by the people to Cameron in '15 wasn't what she wanted and so, with much of the Conservative manifesto still on the shelf, she asked them again.

No one queried those situations then, and no one need query this one now. Especially as, unlike a general election, the effects of the 2016 vote will affect our country for decades.

Nope

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Probably best you avoid things you cant understand and leave matters to the grown ups.

So you dont have him on ignore even though you said you did...........you really are a gift.

There are plenty of four letter words to describe Nibble ..... gift is probably the kindest :lol:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Oh come on. They can pass an act of parliament in less than 6 months! If they can't do that we are all ****ed.

Care to name the last one that went through that quickly then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here