Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I have never said we will keep the same rights, privileges and protection post-Brexit. What I did was challenge Plooks statement we would be less free. I will still be free to travel, live and work where I like - just under different conditions.

Oh, good grief. I cannot believe you just typed that.

You belong to a golf club. You tell the golf club, you want to leave as you no longer want to play golf under their rules, and you don't like the members.
You give notice, that you're no longer going to pay your membership fees.
Then you say, you can use the club house whenever you want, and play on the course in exactly the same way, at any time you want.

The golf club quite rightly says, Oh no you don't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, good grief. I cannot believe you just typed that.

You belong to a golf club. You tell the golf club, you want to leave as you no longer want to play golf under their rules, and you don't like the members.
You give notice, that you're no longer going to pay your membership fees.
Then you say, you can use the club house whenever you want, and play on the course in exactly the same way, at any time you want.

The golf club quite rightly says, Oh no you don't.

I think he knows he’s made a twit of himself.....hence he’s disappeared. His post doesn’t make any sense at all. First says he will be as free...then says but under different conditions.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think he knows he’s made a twit of himself.....hence he’s disappeared. His post doesn’t make any sense at all. First says he will be as free...then says but under different conditions.

Standard. Call everyone a liar and then disappear.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
The Economists for Free Trade guide to Brexit.

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.c...omplete-guide/

15. Wouldn’t WTO rules inevitably lead to tariff and other trade barriers in goods trade between the
EU and the UK thereby leading to a big reduction in our trade with the EU?

We can reasonably assume that under such an approach to Brexit, in the long-term via both FTAs
and specific unilateral actions, both the tariffs and protectionist non-tariff barriers currently imposed
by the EU on our trade would be removed with non-EU countries.
The effect of this would be to
reduce the internal prices of goods in the UK to the level of world prices – a substantial reduction.
Therefore, all participants in the UK market would have to set prices competitive with world prices.

Now, I'm no expert, but someone has just pointed out to me that the removal of non-tariff barriers means the end of things like

Safety Standards on toys
Health Standards on food
Fire standards on furniture
Emission Standards on engines
etc

And removing these for imports mean we would need to remove domestic standards to allow British companies to stay competitive ?

I think that Boris, JRM and David Davis well documented incapacity for detail may mean that some bright young things at The Economists for Free Trade are just about to get a kicking :lolol:

larus

We have our views on the economy. I am of the opinion it is significantly weaker than just before the referendum. I posted 5 graphs from the FT just last week to explain my view. Now, if you want to call me and the FT “pathetic” then fine. But please don’t whine about people being confrontational when you use terms like that. And you look stupid when you whine like this and are confrontational yourself in the very next sentence.

The other day you quoted figures saying that housing or house building was in recession - these figures prove that not to be the case. You continually slag off the performance of the UK economy and say that the Eurozone was outperforming the UK and this was as a result of the vote to leave.

These statements of your have again proven to be false, as the UK is now higher than the Eurzone, and that is with the Eurozone running a more expansionary policy (QE and negative interest rates).

It’s always easy to find a sector which is underperforming - that doesn’t prrove anything. The UK economy is in reasonable health which scallions your animosity as it makes your constant posts on this issue seem churlish.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm really not, it's just that compared to you, i'm a f***ing genius :lolol:

Mate, your this threads Walter Mitty, a part time supply teacher who tries to blag that you have some substantive insight into the civil service, turns out you flogged some stuff to someone in Westminster, your just a pasty middle aged 'looky looky man', it's hardly ITK now is it .........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mate, your this threads Walter Mitty, a part time supply teacher who tries to blag that you have some substantive insight into the civil service, turns out you flogged some stuff to someone in Westminster, your just a pasty middle aged 'looky looky man', it's hardly ITK now is it .........

Chortle. Haha, lovely stuff. Right on cue.

larus

it's both. and a little sunshine and world cup growth (remember folks it's always about growth relative to where we were....not where we should be) is just stupid. "Larus" should look at the longer term (historic) growth facts not one quarter

I have, and we are about in the average zone for the last 3 years. What historical period do you want to compare to and then we can compare us and other leading western economies , say France, Italy, Germany, Japan and US to get a comparison.

I await your results with anticipation.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Why do the right wingers in this thread go in for character assassinations instead of just tackling the issue. Sure you may get called thick or the odd rude name now and again but to be so thin skinned that you cannot either ignore it or respond with a quick wanker sign says a bibfull about you.
The ridiculous thing is you say all this stuff about people you have never met and have very little insight into.
So seriously, why the need to go personal? Are you so insecure you can’t take a bit of ribbing without becoming a total beehatch?
I mean seriously? Can you not just sling an insult back and forget it. Why the deeply personal, catty insults. We had a woman at work who did similar. Note the past tense.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003

If only I had realised how much you hang on every post I make :blush: (and extra English lessons for you punish:)

It's sweet, but I'm afraid I'm spoken for

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why do the right wingers in this thread go in for character assassinations instead of just tackling the issue. Sure you may get called thick or the odd rude name now and again but to be so thin skinned that you cannot either ignore it or respond with a quick wanker sign says a bibfull about you.
The ridiculous thing is you say all this stuff about people you have never met and have very little insight into.
So seriously, why the need to go personal? Are you so insecure you can’t take a bit of rubbing without becoming a total beehatch?

I will take that on board and thank you, as with most on here you're the one that we turn to for balance and wisdom ...... although fairdoos he did say 'compared to you I am a f***ing genius, just in case you missed it ........:thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Here he is, Simeon or as he likes to be known The Simster, Reeeespect ......
Whenever has it been suggested I like to be known as "The Simster"? It hasn't has it? You really are oddly unfunny.

I think you'd like to be known as a serious thinker, but that's not happening any time soon either. You're far too dim.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here