Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Either way you WILL require permission.

Care to point me to the evidence of this fact ? Strange, you seem to know more than the UK government or the EU.

What about working there?

What about it ? I know people who work in Canada, the US, Africa and Australia. I assume now you're going to tell me we won't be able to work in EU countries ?

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
What happens after next March is anyone's guess.

No, no it's not. Plooks has told me firstly I won't be able to go and then in the very next sentence that I can but will need permission. Or could both of those statements be a guess ? Hmmmm .....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes. Even the law of averages would suggest something good will come out of Brexit, but nothing has yet come from our Leavers. Probably because there's naff-all to report. The best they can do is simply say that it won't be as bad as the predictions. This is thin gruel, but I've a horrible feeling that's what we'll be eating soon anyway.

Unfortunately it seems you were right, not even the Brexdreamists on this thread came up with anything.

That said with no alternative plan its not surprising...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No, no it's not. Plooks has told me firstly I won't be able to go and then in the very next sentence that I can but will need permission. Or could both of those statements be a guess ? Hmmmm .....

It depends on whether Theresa May includes Freedom of Movement in her deal. If she doesn't then it will be a different scenario.

Another consideration is data roaming which has been great over the last couple of years, but that will also go.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Care to point me to the evidence of this fact ? Strange, you seem to know more than the UK government or the EU.

What about it ? I know people who work in Canada, the US, Africa and Australia. I assume now you're going to tell me we won't be able to work in EU countries ?

It depends on whether you have to get a visa.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Your opening post in this particular debate was about being “less free”. Do you still believe you will have the same rights, privileges and protection post-Brexit?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Who knows. What is certain is you can’t rock up and do whatever job you choose in the US can you?

As an aside just because you know someone who works in the US it doesn’t mean everyone can make that choice.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Your opening post in this particular debate was about being “less free”. Do you still believe you will have the same rights, privileges and protection post-Brexit?

I have never said we will keep the same rights, privileges and protection post-Brexit. What I did was challenge Plooks statement we would be less free. I will still be free to travel, live and work where I like - just under different conditions.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Point to me where I say you won't be able to go the france? I said you will need permission via a visa.
You really need to stop lying about what people say.
So, are you for reducing freedom via brexit?

Anyone who says they know things won't be worse if we exit the EU is a liar.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have never said we will keep the same rights, privileges and protection post-Brexit. What I did was challenge Plooks statement we would be less free. I will still be free to travel, live and work where I like - just under different conditions.

:facepalm::wozza:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er, no you won't, and I can't believe you're even suggesting that.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Point to me where I say you won't be able to go the france?
- Highlighted below !!!

You really think you will have the same rights to freedom of movement as now?

Let me see .... I often visit France ..... yep, I think I'll still be able to visit France once we've left the EU. Oh, and Spain and Italy and Germany.

You won't be able though. You will require permission. Also, think further than your own face and try again.

Care to remind me who the liar is ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
- Highlighted below !!!

Care to remind me who the liar is ?

His point is that you will need permission to enter France. Obviously there is no reason to assume you won't be granted permission for holidays and such. But to work? Not so sure about that one.

If you're challenging Plooks' statement that we would be less free post Brexit, you're doing a pretty crappy job of it.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

:facepalm: Have you been drinking? Re-read what you have written.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I say you will require permission. Read the whole thing!

Standard for this joker. When he fouls up he cries "LIAR"! Don't take it to heart, he does it to everybody. He still bangs on aboout me changing accounts and that was over two years ago. Let's just say he has a very limited palette of colours to work with.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So now Theresa May can face down the ERG as their Chairman supports a paper that states we should simply remove all non tariff barriers.

Can't she?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here