Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Losing what? I didn't realise we were playing a game? Nah, he's just incapable of responding to any post I make without some kind of personal insult. It gets dull after a while. Pasta did the same and he got put on ignore too. I don't mind being called a prick or the stuff you do (harmless drivel) but the likes of Pasta, Larus and WS just take it to a disturbing level so they are all now on ignore. Should tidy up this debate a little!

Again, thank you for your interest.

Nice timing with your quote....PPF is outed as yet another illiterate Brexiteer. He’s such a LOOSER :lolol:

This is hardly news though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It wont happen........stop your desperate dreaming

It is a hypothetical question, it is not my dream, for me, the question of which type of leave do I want is like asking if I would choose a kick in the shins or a punch in the gut. I think I know what you would do in that situation anyway, I just hope you can admit to yourself, that you would vote for the option that gives you what you want over what would be in the best National interest, and then maybe reconsider for yourself why it is you want what you want.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nice timing with your quote....PPF is outed as yet another illiterate Brexiteer. He’s such a LOOSER :lolol:

This is hardly news though.

I actually thought he'd done it on purpose so I didn't pass comment but his edit suggests otherwise. Yeah, he's a dimbo but so ludicrous he's harmless and to be fair he doesn't get personal. He's tolerable.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Point 2) I am hesitating a little as banter rules state that if you have to explain it then it isn't proper banter .............. so I take a little responsibility for that, but I blame you too, anyway it was about your admission on another thread where you had never been selected for a team sport ever, it was cruel and heartless but that usually makes for a good jibe, alas whooooosh it went right over that jumbled head of yours :thumbsup:

Ah. You’re referring to my post about age-based sports, my birthday being in August, and having to compete in athletics against people up to a year older (and bigger) than me? The word ‘team’ threw me.....as athletics is more an individual or ‘club’ based sport. It would have been nice to be selected for a club or county but I have demonstrated in later life I’m reasonably good and certainly a good club runner. I’m happy.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ah. You’re referring to my post about age-based sports, my birthday being in August, and having to compete in athletics against people up to a year older (and bigger) than me? The word ‘team’ threw me.....as athletics is more an individual or ‘club’ based sport.

Aaaah the old 'August birthday excuse' ..........................

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just don't go wacking them on the side of a bus then!

What on earth are you talking about? I believe most people who voted leave did so to end free movement. I'm happy for people not to share that belief.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Here we go. Just what we've all been waiting for. The Economists for Free Trade guide to life after a 'clean Brexit' published today I believe. This is the, short, pocket, version. It's as near anyone is going to get to a manifesto for a no deal Brexit. Leavers should love it. My own view (and the kindest way I can put this) is it's an absolutely huge gamble with our country's future.

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/publication/a-world-trade-deal-the-complete-guide/

Bloody typical - I'm out all afternoon and by the time I get back it will be ripped to pieces :down:

Mind you, a quick skim - China, India and USA are not EU members, don’t have FTAs with the EU, and have higher growth rates than the EU.

This means therefore that the UK will have higher growth when it’s not in the EU

- It's obviously had a lot of thought put into it :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You won't be able though. You will require permission. Also, think further than your own face and try again.

You really believe I won't be able to visit France ... classic :facepalm:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I notice you have omitted the last two sentences :wink:

You see now that's what made it a decent 'jibe' unforgivably overlooked, it was personally cruel (not abusive) and with your subsequent achievements as a decent runner meant it should of irked you, nastiness and irony in equal measure .............:thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bloody typical - I'm out all afternoon and by the time I get back it will be ripped to pieces :down:

Mind you, a quick skim - China, India and USA are not EU members, don’t have FTAs with the EU, and have higher growth rates than the EU.

This means therefore that the UK will have higher growth when it’s not in the EU

- It's obviously had a lot of thought put into it :lolol:

The pocket guide looks very detailed and comprehensively allays all fears in depth.

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/World-Trade-Deal-pocket-guide.pdf

18. Wouldn’t Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into the UK inevitably fall?
No.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Carney will remain Bank of England governor until the end of January 2020. One of few bits of stability of we have right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here