Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, I don't believe that 90% of voters voted leave with freedom of movement being their biggest issue.

PS - I don't have a problem with you Nibble, I just think it would help your mental well being if you finally admitted to being a hypocritical liar. That's your problem not mine though.

Haha! Your interest in me, as ever is flattering but really, time to end it now. It does you no favours. Tell you what. I'll pop you on ignore. That way I don't have to read your libelous accusations and you don't have to look like a stalker. Both winners! Tatty bye. On the bench with Pasta.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Yeah, you've put that up before and claimed it as evidence of the EU ruling out a Norway deal. It does so on the basis of Theresa Mays red lines, the EU is simply respecting what they have been told are no go options from the UK. Those red lines are not set in stone, they are just the current position, just as not holding a snap election was a position, until Theresa changed her mind.
That graphic indicates where Theresa Mays red lines logically lead us, not what the EU is saying is impossible from their side.

I've always thought this was a more accurate portrayal of Theresa's red lines

Ca1iRwzXIAATNpR.jpg

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
If the options in a second referendum were to accept a Norway type deal, or leave without a deal at all, which would get your vote?

Good luck getting an answer on that. As far as I can see, despite being one of the most incessant posters on this thread since the beginning I don't believe that Pastafarian has ever actually said what he wants from Brexit (other than the 'will of the people' deflection thing). Throughout the whole 2 and a half years he has never actually committed to backing any Brexit plan from anyone.

He's been asked numerous times but just goes off in another bout of whataboutery.

Prime example from a month ago
You're going round in circles

So, to be clear then, what do think we should do, WTO no deal or TM's plan ?

Because if you want do deal, there's 7 months to implement it
If you claim we have until Dec 2020 that'll be TM's plan

It's fairly simple, Which do you want ?
To be clear, i am one of those people that understands the negotiations are still ongoing.
Seems daft for you to be offering an either or option now before they have concluded.Much can happen yet.
So 2.5 years on, you still don't know what you want :facepalm:

Thinking about it, you are probably one of the very few happy Brexiteers around, still don't know what you want and still don't know what you're going to get :lolol:

Sadly, I know more about his private life than what he wants from Brexit :sick:

So, come on the pasta, straight question - What exactly do you want from Brexit ?

No Deal
TM's chequers plan
(NI Border ? A Customs Union ? Norway ?)

*edit* I don't think I have to be Mystic Meg to predict what is coming :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
People retired to the continent before we joined the EEC and people still retire to places outside the EU. Despite what remainers claiming - this won't stop. You might need a little more paperwork but really, it's like a bunch of drama queens. People will still be able to retire to EU countries.

A little more paperwork, a bank account that is operational in both countries, and a lot of health insurance to fully cover every medical need, which will cost a fortune, as insurance providers get in on the act. That's if you can get medical insurance at all.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Come her give me your hand and I will try and walk you through it, one, two, three:

When you said: 'The U.K. economy is tanking, the pound is collapsing, unemployment rising' and that 'The way the country is collapsing around your ears you'll all be living in 3rd world conditions very shortly' I was just wondering if you feel just a little bit silly :thumbsup:

1) No. Had this discussion yesterday, and I referenced 5 graphs to demonstrate why I feel the U.K. economy is weaker, and continuing to get weaker. Only yesterday the ONS said production is now contracting and the economy remained positive because, and get this, a warm summer and England doing well! Better not rely on that too often eh?

2) My point was about that rather random post you made to me and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] about sports teams. Go on, admit you confused one or both of us with someone else. Neither of us has the foggiest what you are referring to.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Here we go. Just what we've all been waiting for. The Economists for Free Trade guide to life after a 'clean Brexit' published today I believe. This is the, short, pocket, version. It's as near anyone is going to get to a manifesto for a no deal Brexit. Leavers should love it. My own view (and the kindest way I can put this) is it's an absolutely huge gamble with our country's future.

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/publication/a-world-trade-deal-the-complete-guide/

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
is it fvck
but cool .....90% of brits want our borders controlled and immigration reduced.

Ha! Some might argue that it is standard English usage in the same way as if someone says "dozens and dozens" they don't actually mean "a minimum of 48"... Thoughts?

Now this "large majority wanting our borders controlled and immigration reduced"... is this a reference to the 51.9 per cent of those that voted Leave, for all sorts of reasons, in the 2016 referendum?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A little more paperwork, a bank account that is operational in both countries, and a lot of health insurance to fully cover every medical need, which will cost a fortune, as insurance providers get in on the act. That's if you can get medical insurance at all.

The health insurance will be the most prohibitive item I think. If you retire to another nation you’ll almost certainly going to need it....and if you do not already have a policy it will cost a fortune to set up from scratch at retirement age even if you’re healthy. Oh, and as a EU citizen I get certain protections, to stop them charging me too much, with my health insurance. I wonder if he’s thought this through?

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ha! Some might argue that it is standard English usage in the same way as if someone says "dozens and dozens" they don't actually mean "a minimum of 48"... Thoughts?

Now this "large majority wanting our borders controlled and immigration reduced"... is this a reference to the 51.9 per cent of those that voted Leave, for all sorts of reasons, in the 2016 referendum?

While I see what you mean I did actually mean that I think at least 90% of leave voters' motivation was to end free movement. Literally at least 90%.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The health insurance will be the most prohibitive item I think. If you retire to another nation you’ll almost certainly going to need it....and if you do not already have a policy it will cost a fortune to set up from scratch at retirement age even if you’re healthy. Oh, and as a EU citizen I get certain protections, to stop them charging me too much, with my health insurance. I wonder if he’s thought this through?

A friend's husband has had several heart attacks, stents fitted etc, and they visit Holland regularly to see her family. He cannot get health insurance now, but if the worse came to the worst, he can use his EHIC. That will go of course.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What a fortunate stroke of luck then we have new EU Empire builders like Guy Verhofstadt pushing the federalist EU empire superstate dream.

"The world of tomorrow is a world of empires, not a world of small nations".

http://www.euronews.com/2016/06/20/brexit-to-leave-or-not-to-leave-that-is-the-question

And you wonder why millions dont share the EU vision of people like him.

That's very noble of you again pasta.

Have you every been to Ukraine? The reason I ask is because I see Ukraine as basically being a large country in terms of both geographical size and population, but ultimately an isolated, peripheral, European country outside of The EU, located geographically on the margins of Europe, as well as being there politically, not that important in the grand scheme of things internationally, politically and socially divided internally, with poor public services, poorer opportunities in life for it's citizens than those in countries to it's west, falling living standards, no nuclear deterrent and internationally humiliated by losing sovereign territory.

Still, blue passports or not, I won't need to go Ukraine to experience all of that - I can just wait a few years for the post Brexit United Kingdom of England & Wales to fully take shape.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Steve Baker is speaking now. He says he did not go to Eton, so he won’t be as eloquent as Rees-Mogg.

He says most economists are “useless”. But these economists aren’t because their analysis is based in reality, he says.

Oh dear.

Jan 30, 2008
Haha! Your interest in me, as ever is flattering but really, time to end it now. It does you no favours. Tell you what. I'll pop you on ignore. That way I don't have to read your libelous accusations and you don't have to look like a stalker. Both winners! Tatty bye. On the bench with Pasta.
WHEN YOU'RE LOSING :flounce:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
You may be surprised to learn that you are in a minority, in wanting out at any cost. The result was narrow, and though there are the headbangers like yourself that would sacrifice a level or two of living standard for the next couple of generations, many more that don't want that.
To have Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Nigel Farage, Dominic Cummings as the senior figures in Leave, and to call the Europhile MP's slimy is a bit rich.
NO HE'S NOT IN THE MINORITY , JUST MORE OF THE REMAINER BULLSHIT THEY LIKE TO PEDDLE , TIME TO GET A GRIP tick tock tick tock :bigwave:
regards
DR

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
WHEN YOU'RE LOOSING :flounce:
regards
DR

Losing what? I didn't realise we were playing a game? Nah, he's just incapable of responding to any post I make without some kind of personal insult. It gets dull after a while. Pasta did the same and he got put on ignore too. I don't mind being called a prick or the stuff you do (harmless drivel) but the likes of Pasta, Larus and WS just take it to a disturbing level so they are all now on ignore. Should tidy up this debate a little!

Again, thank you for your interest.

Jan 30, 2008
Losing what? I didn't realise we were playing a game? Nah, he's just incapable of responding to any post I make without some kind of personal insult. It gets dull after a while. Pasta did the same and he got put on ignore too. I don't mind being called a prick or the stuff you do (harmless drivel) but the likes of Pasta, Larus and WS just take it to a disturbing level so they are all now on ignore. Should tidy up this debate a little!

Again, thank you for your interest.
YOU SOUND DISTURBED:rolleyes:
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
1) No. Had this discussion yesterday, and I referenced 5 graphs to demonstrate why I feel the U.K. economy is weaker, and continuing to get weaker. Only yesterday the ONS said production is now contracting and the economy remained positive because, and get this, a warm summer and England doing well! Better not rely on that too often eh?

2) My point was about that rather random post you made to me and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] about sports teams. Go on, admit you confused one or both of us with someone else. Neither of us has the foggiest what you are referring to.

Point 1) What has Q2 0.6% GDP increase got to do with your usual inaccurate proclamations about the UK economy, if growth shows a 0.6% increase and a sector shows some contraction then it is obvious another sector has grown beyond that, the weather is part of the economic environment but I note you dismissed the extreme late winter weather for Q1 GDP, sneeringly laughing at those that reasonably mentioned it, seems you use it when suits.

Point 2) I am hesitating a little as banter rules state that if you have to explain it then it isn't proper banter .............. so I take a little responsibility for that, but I blame you too, anyway it was about your admission on another thread where you had never been selected for a team sport ever, it was cruel and heartless but that usually makes for a good jibe, alas whooooosh it went right over that jumbled head of yours :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here