Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yet at Heathrow UKBF have missed their target of 45 minutes for non EEA nationals for 3 years running and T5 has dropped to 76% in 45 minutes from 99.7% in 2013. Despite this period coinciding with their numbers being 25% less than in 2010 you can't see it becoming worse in the future.

So they can and have nearly reached near perfect targets, the electronic processing expansion for business and tourists on visa waiver is definitely going to help especially as its linked to carriers checking before the aircraft is borded.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Europeans will have to join the 'other' queue, yes, but as the 'other other' queue, the one for EU citizens, will be empty, Airport Management will transfer the resources no longer needed for the separate queues for EU citizens to deal with this. Next?

The resources that are 25% down and that the Home Affairs Select committee have stated do not have the capacity to administer additional checks on EEA nationals post Brexit? Will EEA nationals still be using ePassport gates after Brexit (25 minute targets) or now be processed as all non EEA nationals are currently (45 minutes target)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The resources that are 25% down and that the Home Affairs Select committee have stated do not have the capacity to administer additional checks on EEA nationals post Brexit? Will EEA nationals still be using ePassport gates after Brexit (25 minute targets) or now be processed as all non EEA nationals are currently (45 minutes target)

Hopefully, as per the remainer message, Europeans will get the hint they are not welcome in a country full of racists and xenophobes........should leave the queues wide open for all us little Englanders.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So they can and have nearly reached near perfect targets, the electronic processing expansion for business and tourists on visa waiver is definitely going to help especially as its linked to carriers checking before the aircraft is borded.

Yes - that was back in 2013 when they had far more staff. Their current, depleted resources don't allow for anything extra outside of the status quo and they're creaking at the seams now with overtime covering up for the fact they're understaffed everywhere - The Home Affairs Select Committee, their union, the airports, official inspections all recognise this. You, The Boris Johnson of the NSC Brexit thread, however have a different viewpoint though. It's sweet.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What about the EU business traveller who has to be in the UK on business post brexit,how would them going somewhere else in Europe benefit their business when the meeting or conference they have to attend is in the UK.

I can’t be arsed to explain why a bunch of EU business travellers might find it preferential to meet in a country which isn’t a ball-ache to get into. Or why a conference might be held in a country which is less of an obstacle for the majority of its delegates. I’m sure you can figure it out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Me too
Also thankfully , leaving the EU will give the country greater freedom to control,outside of EU jurisdiction,entrance to this country.
The interest of the nation in this respect is far greater than the wishes of the individual who is acting purely on selfish demands

Have a think on that point, because it seems to me, you and others on this thread do not care too much about what damage is done to this Nation, so long as you get your wishes.

D

Deleted member 22389

You’re just viewing this from the perspective of leisure travel though. Business travellers have a much higher expectation and will not suffer a 30 minute delay getting through immigration on a 90 minute flight; they’ll simply go elsewhere. In fact this already happens with meetings and conferences. If all of a sudden every EU business traveller has to endure this they’ll simply choose an easier and nice location....Europe is full of them.

You get delays wherever you go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have a think on that point, because it seems to me, you and others on this thread do not care too much about what damage is done to this Nation, so long as you get your wishes.

Thinking doesn’t seem to be something he does a lot of.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You get delays wherever you go.

I’m not talking about delays though. I’m talkimg about the difference in the border processing times of EU and non-EU citizens. The government used to publish these on their website; there’s clearly a difference.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I can’t be arsed to explain why a bunch of EU business travellers might find it preferential to meet in a country which isn’t a ball-ache to get into. Or why a conference might be held in a country which is less of an obstacle for the majority of its delegates. I’m sure you can figure it out.

Lets say the conference is in the Uk, plenty of delegates from outside the EU are coming as they do every year.........why are you throwing a tantrum and sitting at home being a billy no mates because the queue at the airport was a bit longer for you than it used to be.
I would tell your company to fvck off if it cant be arsed to show up and represent itself.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What about the EU business traveller who has to be in the UK on business post brexit,how would them going somewhere else in Europe benefit their business when the meeting or conference they have to attend is in the UK.

Like the tens of thousands that had meetings at the EMA and the EBA?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Those will be the wishes of respecting the democratic vote.
The only berks who dont care about the welfare of the nation are twits like you who are so up their own backside they cant see the damage they would do by trying to stop a democratic vote from being enacted.
Thank god you wont get your way and your aspirations will remain pie in the sky

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Like the tens of thousands that had meetings at the EMA and the EBA?

I recall I once read that The EMA alone was responsible for 40,000 hotel room bookings in London a year. Still, despite London losing all that l suppose it'll free up accommodation options for pastas American chums in the future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lets say the conference is in the Uk, plenty of delegates from outside the EU are coming as they do every year.........why are you throwing a tantrum and sitting at home being a billy no mates because the queue at the airport was a bit longer for you than it used to be.
I would tell your company to fvck off if it cant be arsed to show up and represent itself.

As I said, I can’t be arsed to discuss this....especially with someone who doesn’t listen and doesn’t think. Holding meetings and conferences in locations which ease travel isn’t new. Google it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Lets say that last year the conference was in the UK, but you want these people from overseas to turn up, do you hold it somewhere convenient for them, or somewhere difficult for them? I guess when the Pound drops further, the cheap cost of hotel rooms and food might overcome the arse ache of UK border delays.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Those will be the wishes of respecting the democratic vote.
The only berks who dont care about the welfare of the nation are twits like you who are so up their own backside they cant see the damage they would do by trying to stop a democratic vote from being enacted.
Thank god you wont get your way and your aspirations will remain pie in the sky

The Vote was to leave the EU, Norway type arrangements are an option that complies with the mandate given, but that is not out enough for you, despite it being given as an example of a country thriving outside of the EU for years by Brexits loudest mouth.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
As I said, I can’t be arsed to discuss this....especially with someone who doesn’t listen and doesn’t think. Holding meetings and conferences in locations which ease travel isn’t new. Google it.

Holding meetings in the UK isnt new.......google it
Conferences will continue in the UK after brexit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Holding meetings in the UK isnt new.......google it
Conferences will continue in the UK after brexit

You really are incapable of holding a discussion. No one has said conferences will cease, so why do you post a statement like this? I’ll leave your childish gibberish to others.....if they can be arsed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Vote was to leave the EU, Norway type arrangements are an option that complies with the mandate given, but that is not out enough for you, despite it being given as an example of a country thriving outside of the EU for years by Brexits loudest mouth.

:lolol:
Still going on about the Norway option
Keep up at the back........you are stuck in a timewarp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here