Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I believe Dyson outsourced his manufacturing to Poland and Malaysia some time ago, R&D still UK based but then the government can't tax ideas, in fact he probably gets tax incentives for keeping it in the UK. I reckon our future industries are Nail Bars, Coffee shops, Charity shops, Barbers and Open all Hours types of mini marts selling Oxford Landing, Jacob's Creek and Dorito's and Pringles. Sunny Uplands here we come !

Tax incentives for R&D.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve been living in Spain (Barcelona) since 2005. This is an honest question, how will I be affected? What will happen when we (wife and kids, all with Spanish passports) visit my family in the uk?

My point was more about British passport holders and their freedom to move, live, work and retire and the various rights and protection they currently have in the EU. I currently have the same rights and protection as a local here and anywhere else within the EU. Clearly this will change post Brexit. Exactly how, I do not know.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
They won't be allowed in the UK after Brexit because all foreigners are going to be banned, you'll have to visit by yourself. You won't be able to go back to Spain with your blue passport, at best you might be able keep in contact via Skype, but that's only of the EU doesn't cut off our internet.

None of that will happen though, you won't be able to visit the UK in the first place because planes aren't allowed to land at the airports anymore, and in any case you wouldn't want to visit because we'll all be bankrupt from the day after we leave.

And why would you want to come to the UK, it’s going to be horrific when we have left the EU, remember ( if you’re old enough) it was awful before we joined right?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And why would you want to come to the UK, it’s going to be horrific when we have left the EU, remember ( if you’re old enough) it was awful before we joined right?

Im afraid i have succumbed to remainer propaganda, i am now informing any Europeans i meet on my travels abroad as per the remainer message that we are a country of racist xenophobes and they should not plan to come to us any time soon. Also informing Europeans here, again by the remainer rhetoric, that the country is about to collapse economically any day now, the country doesnt want you here anyway and you should consider packing your bags and leaving before the border is shut permanently and no one will be allowed to move anywhere.
#thanksteamremain ...............telling it like it is

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
For stays of over 3 months (ie longer than a tourist visa), if the UK leaves the EU your wife and kids will be subject to the same racist laws that those of us who have non-EU wives are subjected to..

Bless
Triggered snowflake doesnt know what racism is.......LOL

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Im afraid i have succumbed to remainer propaganda, i am now informing any Europeans i meet on my travels abroad as per the remainer message that we are a country of racist xenophobes and they should not plan to come to us any time soon. Also informing Europeans here, again by the remainer rhetoric, that the country is about to collapse economically any day now, the country doesnt want you here anyway and you should consider packing your bags and leaving before the border is shut permanently and no one will be allowed to move anywhere.
#thanksteamremain ...............telling it like it is

A healthy percentage of NSC members identify themselves as being European Ill have you know!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You really think you will have the same rights to freedom of movement as now?

Let me see .... I often visit France ..... yep, I think I'll still be able to visit France once we've left the EU. Oh, and Spain and Italy and Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let me see .... I often visit France ..... yep, I think I'll still be able to visit France once we've left the EU. Oh, and Spain and Italy and Germany.

Are you really this stupid? U.K. passport holders currently enjoy myriad more benefits and protections than merely the ability to visit. And you know this. Sometimes you really let yourself down.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I seem to remember you talking about the possibility of retiring to Europe ? If i'm not mistaken, that could be a little more problematic ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I seem to remember you talking about the possibility of retiring to Europe ? If i'm not mistaken, that could be a little more problematic ???

Good point.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Me too
Also thankfully , leaving the EU will give the country greater freedom to control,outside of EU jurisdiction,entrance to this country.
The interest of the nation in this respect is far greater than the wishes of the individual who is acting purely on selfish demands

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's not true, I have never posted one economic indicator in isolation crediting either the virtues of Brexit or the failings of Remain and I didn't the other day either.

You and a couple of others said that you hadn't seen anyone post that we currently have Brexit induced housing market crash, well away from The Clamp and a couple of others that might be true, after all it would be plain daft as there hasn't been one, nor was it me that posted an article or graph, that was someone else.

My point was that although in my mind a rising housing market is rarely a fair indicator of a nations overall economic performance, in the UK it can be an indicator of a failing one, with increased inflation, higher interest rates, rising unemployment or a non growth economy etc. many of the Remain posters favourite snippets then the housing market is unlikely to thrive, so although posters haven't cited the housing market (why would they) many post snapshot data on a regular basis, data that if relevant and ongoing would undoubtedly effect it.

Are you getting confused again old boy? :lolol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Me too
Also thankfully , leaving the EU will give the country greater freedom to control,outside of EU jurisdiction,entrance to this country.
The interest of the nation in this respect is far greater than the wishes of the individual who is acting purely on selfish demands

It seems to me that you think that every European that comes here is going to stay, take our jobs, use the NHS, claim benefits etc
What about the millions of tourists who know they can mostly just walk in at the moment, like I can when I go to Greece for example.
I wonder how many will be put off if the queue to get in is halfway down Gatwicks runway.
Unknown number of course but I may think twice about going to Europe if there are problems getting through at 2 in the morning.
Some of our regions are almost totally reliant on tourism.
I know that we have lots of Yanks, Japanese and Chinese to name a few coming here, but the thought of doing something that was once very but now a lot more inconvenient may put a lot off coming here, the queues will be a lot longer as well as Europeans now need to join the other queue.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It seems to me that you think that every European that comes here is going to stay, take our jobs, use the NHS, claim benefits etc
What about the millions of tourists who know they can mostly just walk in at the moment, like I can when I go to Greece for example.
I wonder how many will be put off if the queue to get in is halfway down Gatwicks runway.
Unknown number of course but I may think twice about going to Europe if there are problems getting through at 2 in the morning.
Some of our regions are almost totally reliant on tourism.
I know that we have lots of Yanks, Japanese and Chinese to name a few coming here, but the thought of doing something that was once very but now a lot more inconvenient may put a lot off coming here, the queues will be a lot longer as well as Europeans now need to join the other queue.

I dont think the queues will be halfway down the runway.
Airports have been upgrading their services to allow swifter movement especially with electronic processing, its a conscientious business decision on their part.
I have recently picked up some american friends from gatwick, i usually tell them i will monitor their arrival and meet them at the arrival gate about an hour after landing, allowing about the right time to walk and pick up luggage and get through border control, the last two times they have beaten me to the punch by about 15 mins. Arrival processing is becoming much quicker for those outside the EU, i cant see it becoming worse with the added demand of ex EU countries, technology is winning the battle. Those claiming queues of hours and hours clearly havnt travelled since the 70`s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Airports have been upgrading their services to allow swifter movement especially with electronic processing, its a conscientious business decision on their part.
I have recently picked up some american friends from gatwick, i usually tell them i will monitor their arrival and meet them at the arrival gate about an hour after landing, allowing about the right time to walk and pick up luggage and get through border control, the last two times they have beaten me to the punch by about 15 mins. Arrival processing is becoming much quicker for those outside the EU, i cant see it becoming worse with the added demand of ex EU countries, technology is winning the battle. Those claiming queues of hours and hours clearly havnt travelled since the 70`s.

You’re just viewing this from the perspective of leisure travel though. Business travellers have a much higher expectation and will not suffer a 30 minute delay getting through immigration on a 90 minute flight; they’ll simply go elsewhere. In fact this already happens with meetings and conferences. If all of a sudden every EU business traveller has to endure this they’ll simply choose an easier and nice location....Europe is full of them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You’re just viewing this from the perspective of leisure travel though. Business travellers have a much higher expectation and will not suffer a 30 minute delay getting through immigration on a 90 minute flight; they’ll simply go elsewhere. In fact this already happens with meetings and conferences. If all of a sudden every EU business traveller has to endure this they’ll simply choose an easier and nice location....Europe is full of them.

What about the EU business traveller who has to be in the UK on business post brexit,how would them going somewhere else in Europe benefit their business when the meeting or conference they have to attend is in the UK.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Yet at Heathrow UKBF have missed their target of 45 minutes for non EEA nationals for 3 years running and T5 has dropped to 76% in 45 minutes from 99.7% in 2013. Despite this period coinciding with their numbers being 25% less than in 2010 you can't see it becoming worse in the future.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Europeans will have to join the 'other' queue, yes, but as the 'other other' queue, the one for EU citizens, will be empty, Airport Management will transfer the resources no longer needed for the separate queues for EU citizens to deal with this. Next?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here