Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree, I know i gave an answer, which makes you doubly daft when you say you never got an answer

I know you are getting old but please try and keep up with what you type yourself

I'll explain this slowly as I know it may take time for you to understand.

The one you have just quoted was the question I asked a week and a half ago. The one I quoted was the one I asked a month ago :facepalm:

I was simply pointing out that you have been asked this question a number of times over a long period and never given an answer other than 'i don't know' :shrug:

I'm now going to go and watch some paint dry :bigwave:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll explain this slowly as I know it may take time for you to understand.

The one you have just quoted was the question I asked a week and a half ago. The one I quoted was the one I asked a month ago :facepalm:

I was simply pointing out that you have been asked this question a number of times over a long period and never given an answer other than 'i don't know' :shrug:

You havnt asked me the question a number of times,thats a lie, other people are not me. You asked me once, i answered. You dont like the answer i gave so then say i gave NO answer......more bullshit

I typed as slowly as i could so you can understand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Regardless of your views on Brexit, I'd say Boris Johnson's comments this morning are an absolute disgrace. What exactly has he been doing himself for the past 2 years? He's painting himself as some sort of helpless bystander in all of this, rather than one of the main Brexit cabinet ministers responsible for negotiations.

And now as reality bites - and it is quite clear the EU hold all the aces in the negotiations just many of us predicted, he's squealing like a fat pig and blaming everyone but himself. It is quite diabolical that such a blatant self-centred opportunist (not to mention quite diabolical politician) is anywhere near the front of the Tory party.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I read this morning the results of some polling done by Deltapoll on both Irish unification support in Northern Ireland and support for independence in Scotland:

Irish unification:

If UK stays in The EU - For-40%/Against-60%
If UK leaves The EU - For-57%/Against-43%
If UK leaves The EU and hard border - For-58%/Against-42%

Scottish Independence:

If UK remains in EU - Yes-48%/No-52%
If UK leaves The EU - Yes-52%-No-48%

A price worth paying and would have happened anyway etc - Congratulations to both The Conservative and Unionist Party and The Democratic Unionist Party though - genius. :bowdown:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Regardless of your views on Brexit, I'd say Boris Johnson's comments this morning are an absolute disgrace. What exactly has he been doing himself for the past 2 years? He's painting himself as some sort of helpless bystander in all of this, rather than one of the main Brexit cabinet ministers responsible for negotiations.

And now as reality bites - and it is quite clear the EU hold all the aces in the negotiations just many of us predicted, he's squealing like a fat pig and blaming everyone but himself. It is quite diabolical that such a blatant self-centred opportunist (not to mention quite diabolical politician) is anywhere near the front of the Tory party.

Yep, this, and David Davis too..

I scan-read the covers of the major broadsheets this morning - good god this brexit thing has got so ****ed up, its just beyond rescue now. We either run headlong over the cliff in no deal territory that ****s us all, or leave with some deal that every prominent Brexiteer will complain about, thus prolonging the brexit wrangling for ever and ever. This is never ever going to end is it?

Please just give us a second referendum so that we can free ourselves from this nonsense, I can't see any other way out right now

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Whoosh yourself.Why you expect any normal adult to wade through the morass of childish nonsense that is twitter,when the headline is wrong,I really can't imagine.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

He had been shuffled off into a totally unsuited Foreign Secretary role in an attempt to shut him up about Brexit.Watch out for some fireworks at the Tory conference.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He had been shuffled off into a totally unsuited Foreign Secretary role in an attempt to shut him up about Brexit.Watch out for some fireworks at the Tory conference.

If anyone should know about negotiating with other countries and blocs it's the Foreign Secretary. So by "totally unsuited" do you mean Boris knows absolutely sod all about it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If anyone should know about negotiating with other countries and blocs it's the Foreign Secretary. So by "totally unsuited" do you mean Boris knows absolutely sod all about it?

I've long thought he was given the job he couldn't refuse,so he would commit political seppuku by making a fool of himself,but he has managed to stay popular so spells trouble for May.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whoosh yourself.Why you expect any normal adult to wade through the morass of childish nonsense that is twitter,when the headline is wrong,I really can't imagine.

You might learn something instead of dismissing Twitter as nonsense. Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage all use Twitter. Do they speak nonsense?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've long thought he was given the job he couldn't refuse,so he would commit political seppuku by making a fool of himself,but he has managed to stay popular so spells trouble for May.

That states why you think he was given the job and where you think he is now (he's loathed internally in the party, more popular with the activists). But the point was Foreign Secretary requires many of the same skills as a PM or a Brexit negotiator. Diplomacy, negotiation, pragmatism over populism. If Boris was, by your own admission, an unsuitable FS then he'd be even worse as leader or in the Brexit negotiations.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
"I think the navy blazer with regiment badge , CRAVAT and dark slacks with highly POLISHED brogues ensemble goes down well with the swivel eyed LOONS" - well, as a remoaner yourself, I guess you probably do know what might impress your fellow remoaners. Can't see that look cutting much ice anywhere else though...............

As you well know I voted for BREXIT and I have been dressing like that for years so pick another SLUR and SMEAR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I agree with you. To enlarge, he was appointed to suit the internal convenience of the chaotically-split Conservative Party, making the crazy appointment all of a piece with the calling of the referendum in the first place. The driving force behind this 30-month charade, a comedy turn that has sent this country from stable sovereign state to an international joke, has been to attempt to do what is right for the Tories, not what is right for the country.

Most Brexit enthusiasts seem to either regard the whole carnival as a light-hearted joke or as a price-worth-paying for we're-not-sure-what.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You might learn something instead of dismissing Twitter as nonsense. Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage all use Twitter. Do they speak nonsense?

They are politicians,and have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.I sometimes look if a twitter link is posted,but have yet to see anything vaguely interesting.Donald Trump,Katie Price,Jean-Claude Junker all use twitter as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here