Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

I honestly wouldn't bother mate. The remainers on this thread will not take the spirit of your post but will look for anything negative to latch onto.

There are even comments from some on here that they can't wait for it all to go tits up. That's what you're up against.

The attitude of some of my countrymen has seriously made me consider whether I'd vote to leave again. I honestly think a large proportion of our country is incapable of living with independence and the responsibilities that go with it.

The debate is poisonous. The whole vote was farcical, well the campaign for both sides and now we are left with this mess.

I agree.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
OECD?Sounds like what that german keeper is suffering from:lolol:.There is always a silver lining to every cloud though-makes a perfect emoji for moaners crying about nothing.

remoaners.png

And another silver lining is there will be loads of rich Liverpool fans soon,with their compensayshun payments

scousers.png

And finally,for all those strange people who have a bit of a thing about gammon

gammon.png

Hasta la vista!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
“Figures from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development documenting foreign direct investment show a 90% collapse in flows to the UK in 2017 compared with the previous year. 90% fall in funds coming to the UK shows how fragile Britain’s reputation among investors is. “

Shocking stuff.

read it in the Guardian? its due to a massivly increased number in 2016. OECD report, page 10 you'll want.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone work for lloyds of London?

Time to swot up on your French as they are preparing to move to Belgium

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

opening a subsidary in Brussels, neatly sidestep the issues of passporting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I wonder how much of Lloyd’s current underwriting in London is for Europe? I imagine it’s a fair amount they will be shifting over to the mainland?

I also see EasyJet are still busy moving UK flights over to their new Austrian business. The slow trickle is starting to gain size.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
no, but they often do.

This is one of the oft-repeated gripes of the other Football Genius too (what is it with football geniuses?). There is something in this accusation in that the paper is a bastion of the Remain camp and takes-the-piss out of Brexiteers (almost always the 'professional' ones) frequently.

So yes, the 'opinion' pieces they publish are witheringly anti-Brexit (naturally someone like me usually laps these up) but most of the ones that find their way onto this thread as links are 'hard news' - OK maybe news that some of us would rather not hear, but as valid as most and more valid than many (I'm thinking The Sun, Mail, Express).

I realise of course that this will not change the opinion of anyone on this thread, but I felt compelled to share; it's an illness.

PS And on a practical level it's one of the few decent papers that can be accessed without a pay-wall.

D

Deleted member 22389

They are doing what any business does, keeping their fingers in as many pies as possible, so I think people need to get a grip. Nobody is leaving this country completely. What I think is more annoying, nobody gave a xxxx when our manufacturing companies where sold off to foreign buyers over the years. We just accepted it and moved on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
opening a subsidary in Brussels, neatly sidestep the issues of passporting.

With the work I have been doing over the last few weeks, it isn't not a subsidiary move mate.

If I had a business park in Luxembourg at the moment, I could retire to Monaco on the interest from companies who are in the London bubble. It's like a fever pitch at the moment.

I am even thinking of spending my last 5 years of work helping companies move...they are paying stupid money for people who understand IT and data centre management!

Every cloud has a silver lining it appears!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They are doing what any business does, keeping their fingers in as many pies as possible, so I think people need to get a grip. Nobody is leaving this country completely. What I think is more annoying, nobody gave a xxxx when our manufacturing companies where sold off to foreign buyers over the years. We just accepted it and moved on.

And with hindsight we know that was a stupid and hugely damaging decision. Do you want to make the same mistake twice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here