Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Figures from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development documenting foreign direct investment show a 90% collapse in flows to the UK in 2017 compared with the previous year. 90% fall in funds coming to the UK shows how fragile Britain’s reputation among investors is. “

Shocking stuff.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
“Figures from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development documenting foreign direct investment show a 90% collapse in flows to the UK in 2017 compared with the previous year. 90% fall in funds coming to the UK shows how fragile Britain’s reputation among investors is. “

Shocking stuff.

Project fear still running then

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Project fear still running then

I have no idea of what, for example, Canada, United States, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, South Korea or Chile’s position on Brexit is.....maybe you tell me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why not. Project stupid is.

I don’t think he knows what the OECD is...otherwise he wouldn’t make such a daft statement. It’s made up of 34 mainly non-EU countries for starters. It’s difficult to see where any Remain bias will come from. Maybe Portslade will enlighten us.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don’t think he knows what the OECD is...otherwise he wouldn’t make such a daft statement. It’s made up of 34 mainly non-EU countries for starters. It’s difficult to see where any Remain bias will come from. Maybe Portslade will enlighten us.

Trouble with some remainers they try and make things sound really shit, when in reality it isn't. Life continues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trouble with some remainers they try and make things sound really shit, when in reality it isn't. Life continues.

I’m a naturally positive and optimistic person but somethings, no matter how you spin them, are just obviously shite. I’m struggling to see the positivity in a 90% drop....can you help me?

D

Deleted member 22389

I’m a naturally positive and optimistic person but somethings, no matter how you spin them, are just obviously shite. I’m struggling to see the positivity in a 90% drop....can you help me?

It's not going to stop me getting to work in the morning is it, and it's not going to stop me earning money now or in the future, so why worry.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It's not going to stop me getting to work in the morning is it, and it's not going to stop me earning money now or in the future, so why worry.

I think the issue is that Brexit - if it works out as badly as some of us (OK - rightly or wrongly) think - will result in rather fewer folk having work to go to in the mornings of 2020 and beyond. That's maybe you, your neighbours, your colleagues, your family. And if not yours, then ours. That's why we care.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This is a incredibly selfish outlook. You might be alright jack, but a 90% drop in investment could very well affect others livelihood.

D

Deleted member 22389

This is a incredibly selfish outlook. You might be alright jack, but a 90% drop in investment could very well affect others livelihood.

I'm not alright thou, like a lot of people in this country and across the developed world, we just about cover our costs each month. What I'm saying is regardless of that statement they made, there will always be work, you just have to be prepared to do crappy jobs in your working life sometimes to make money.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm not alright thou, like a lot of people in this country and across the developed world, we just about cover our costs each month. What I'm saying is regardless of that statement they made, there will always be work, you just have to be prepared to do crappy jobs in your working life sometimes to make money.

If only more remainers where as optimistic as you are! People need to see the positive side of more people working crappy jobs just to get by. It's going to be great isn't it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Your post really depresses me. Is this what it’s come to?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

You come across as a decent man, but every now and again, you post something that beggers belief. Thats not a particularly inspiring vision for the youth of the country.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Probably one of the daftest statements on this thread full of Brexiteers nonsense!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I honestly wouldn't bother mate. The remainers on this thread will not take the spirit of your post but will look for anything negative to latch onto.

There are even comments from some on here that they can't wait for it all to go tits up. That's what you're up against.

The attitude of some of my countrymen has seriously made me consider whether I'd vote to leave again. I honestly think a large proportion of our country is incapable of living with independence and the responsibilities that go with it.

The debate is poisonous. The whole vote was farcical, well the campaign for both sides and now we are left with this mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here