Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Ok. How about telling the EU that they will keep hammering away for a second referendum if they don't give us a good deal?

How likely is it, given that undertaking, that they will offer a good deal?

Answer: 0%

Talk about pissing on your own chips.

It's not a game of poker. Everyone's cards have been face up since day one. Both the EU and the British government have known every possible variation on the result since the day after the referendum. (And there's not a great scope for variation).

No deal isn't a real option in even the wildest dreams of the most extreme Brexiteers. It is simply a phrase used by politicians to try and placate certain groups of the electorate.

It's not a negotiation, it's a narrative we are following.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ok. How about telling the EU that they will keep hammering away for a second referendum if they don't give us a good deal?

How likely is it, given that undertaking, that they will offer a good deal?

Answer: 0%

Talk about pissing on your own chips.

The Brexit wing of the Conservative Party needs no assistance from Remainers in its determined drive towards a bad deal. Getting a relatively bad deal, as opposed to a terrible one, is probably the best it can achieve.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's not a game of poker. Everyone's cards have been face up since day one. Both the EU and the British government have known every possible result since the day after the referendum.

No deal isn't a real option in even the wildest dreams of the most extreme Brexiteers. It is simply a phrase used by politicians to try and placate certain groups of the electorate.

It's not a negotiation, it's a narrative.

"Do not speak to me of rules. This is war! This is not a game of cricket!" - So said Colonel Saito in 'Bridge on The River Kwai'.

I do feel for some that it is viewed as merely a game of Bridge on a dormitory floor though. I don't know about you, but as a sporting Englishman, I see us as having no more cards left to play - we're ****ed.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd9423b38-5f9f-11e8-8da7-cf6661879530.png

In more than 70 areas the proportion of non-UK born residents has risen by at least 6 percentage points over the past decade. Two thirds of these areas voted for Brexit in the referendum, including Boston in Lincolnshire, which has experienced the most dramatic change, from 3 per cent non-UK born in 2007 to 29 per cent last year.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...second-largest-overseas-group-in-uk-tqp0s7snf

Bloomin eastern europeans coming over here taking our Israeli's job :whistle:

Welcome Florin!

Jan 30, 2008
It's not a game of poker. Everyone's cards have been face up since day one. Both the EU and the British government have known every possible variation on the result since the day after the referendum. (And there's not a great scope for variation).

It's not a negotiation, it's a narrative we are following.
NO DEAL.......... the bogey man is knocking on the door
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd9423b38-5f9f-11e8-8da7-cf6661879530.png

In more than 70 areas the proportion of non-UK born residents has risen by at least 6 percentage points over the past decade. Two thirds of these areas voted for Brexit in the referendum, including Boston in Lincolnshire, which has experienced the most dramatic change, from 3 per cent non-UK born in 2007 to 29 per cent last year.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...second-largest-overseas-group-in-uk-tqp0s7snf

Bloomin eastern europeans coming over here taking our Israeli's job :whistle:

Welcome Florin!

What's your problem with Romanian's in The NHS and why quote Irish? Been over 100 years now - it doesn't bother me now.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What's your problem with Romanain's in The NHS and why quote Irish? Been over 100 years now - it doesn't bother me now.

I haven't got a problem with any nationality working in the NHS if their skills are needed. Don't like the discrimination favouring EU citizens over other nationals though.

I didn't quote the Irish :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I haven't got a problem with any nationality working in the NHS if their skills are needed. Don't like the discrimination favouring EU citizens over other nationals though.

I didn't quote the Irish :shrug:

Ireland was quoted on your graph.

EU nationals are rather like nationals for Working Holiday Visa applicants - Restricted to what we deem developed countries. I assume you don't have a problem with Afghans over Polish in that case?

Jan 30, 2008
I know they're not anymore than they're not mine - We're all being shafted here now though.
no ones being shafted , that's just a convenient excuse to roll out because you cant accept the referendum result, the vote was to leave and that's what's going to happen with either a deal of some description or a no deal scenario , what's the problem
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
no ones being shafted , that's just a convenient excuse to roll out because you cant accept the referendum result, the vote was to leave and that's what's going to happen with either a deal of some description or a no deal scenario , what's the problem
regards
DR

Well done. When's The Home Office being complemented to do all that, administer and enforce it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here