Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But they DON’T get included in the exports if they haven’t been exported.

Exports is what we EXPORT.

The PERCENTAGE is based on the destination. It must equal 100%.

The total of our exports in any year is 100%. 100% of our exports are exports.

You then have 2 destination categories. A and B. Some go to A the rest go to B. The % to A plus the % to B = 100%. Every year.

The graph does not show changing volume/value.

Therefore, if 1 % percentage goes down, the other MUST go up.

100 - a = b.
Or
100 - b = a.
Or
a + b = 100.

Yep, they’re all the same.

That’s what the chart is, but you are trying to make it out to be something it’s not. You made a mistake but just can’t admit it.

:tantrum:

As I have said. I get this and I’ve already done the maths in a previous post. I’m not trying to make out the graph is something it isn’t, I’m saying I don’t agree with the definition of the denominator. The penny has not dropped with you what I’m trying to say. Thankfully [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] understands my point, see post below, even if he doesn’t agree.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
its exports. if ithe grpah were total output of the economy you have a point. but its exports.

if in some contrived scenario there were more supply for export than demand, prices would lower so it sold in the export markets, or it would be sold at home, or scrapped.

You understand my point (even if you don’t agree :smile:), thanks.

Now my point is understood I’m going to leave it here.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
EU nationals have had the right to live, work, marry, get educated all over Europe. Then, when a vote is taken, which directly affects them and their status, they were barred from taking part.

And quite rightly.
As was pointed out at the time when parliament voted and rejected the idea of EU citizens voting, switching to a local election franchise from a parliamentary one, would indeed allow EU citizens to vote but would block British citizens living abroad from voting at all, as they are not entitled to vote at local elections, EU citizens living here who had chosen not to be UK citizens would have in effect more voting rights than British nationals living abroad who wished to vote on their countries future, it was also noted it would open up parliament to criticism that they were deliberately trying to skew the vote and as also pointed out British nationals didn’t for example have voting rights in national votes across most of Europe or indeed in referendums in Holland and France on European questions,
All in all the correct decision was made by parliament.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I have said. I get this and I’ve already done the maths in a previous post. I’m not trying to make out the graph is something it isn’t, I’m saying I don’t agree with the definition of the denominator.

You were though - you seem to have forgotten that you stated the graph was suspicious - you mentioned nothing about disagreeing with the measurement criteria until you were challenged. You then proceeded to argue against the graph by bringing in a third element totally unconnected to THAT graph. The graph is EXPORTS only - not goods MADE for export.

You'd look a lot less stupid if you just gracefully admitted you were wrong due to your rush to wrap your anti-Brexit agenda around the graph.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And quite rightly.
As was pointed out at the time when parliament voted and rejected the idea of EU citizens voting, switching to a local election franchise from a parliamentary one, would indeed allow EU citizens to vote but would block British citizens living abroad from voting at all, as they are not entitled to vote at local elections, EU citizens living here who had chosen not to be UK citizens would have in effect more voting rights than British nationals living abroad who wished to vote on their countries future, it was also noted it would open up parliament to criticism that they were deliberately trying to skew the vote and as also pointed out British nationals didn’t for example have voting rights in national votes across most of Europe or indeed in referendums in Holland and France on European questions,
All in all the correct decision was made by parliament.

They never had to become British nationals because of Free Movement. Likewise our expats didn't have to become Spanish or whatver citizens. Loads of pensioners in Spain will be coming back to the UK to live because of the change in health provision, which will put a drain on our already starved health service.

Harry Schindler 89 is suing the government for not letting him vote. He fought in WW2, in Italy which is where he lives now. Before you say he shouldn't have moved abroad, try living in this country with rheumatism and arthritis, and our climate.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13347616

He tried to get the vote in 2016 but lost his legal battle.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...lose-legal-battle-right-to-vote-eu-referendum

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What a stupid and pathetic argument! Foreign nationals do not get a vote, unless they are Irish or - and what is it? - Maltese or Gibraltarian. So not French, Spanish, German or Dutch (etc., etc., etc.) Your pathetic attempt to 'prove' that my post was wrong was just a load of shit. Remoaner shit - and boy, you lot who've been denied your entitlement have got shitloads of that.

Try reading the post I was replying to, and try and understand the gist of the conversation before spouting shit in future, eh? I'm off now - better conversations out there than trying to piddle nonsense with you. I guess as a true progressive modern twenty-first century super liberal you'll be cheering on every wrecking attempt by the House of Lords - suddenly don't want them abolished, eh? Ever heard of the expression 'Volte face'?

Pffft......................

Oh dear, you're rambling off on a tangent here

What are Commonwealth citizens then if they're not foreign, because they're not British citizens are they? Malawians, Jamaicans, South Africans, Australians etc? They all get to vote in UK General Elections and all other elections if they live in The UK at the time and are registered.

Since you mentioned Gibraltarians - They all got to vote in the EU referendum, but unless they live in the UK they can't vote in a UK General Election.

As I've already pointed out - Irish and (because they're Commonwealth) Cypriot and Maltese citizens in The UK got to vote in The EU referendum, as they do in UK General Elections. As far as I'm aware they're foreign countries and EU member states as well.

The fact that Gibraltarians got to vote in the 2016 EU referendum, but not the General Elections in the year prior or after that as 'An Irish or Commonwealth citizen who would be entitled to vote in European elections in Gibraltar' was included in the eligibility criteria for the European Union Referendum Act 2015, shows it was different playing field to UK General Elections. As I've already stated, all EU nationals got to vote in the 2014 Scottish Independence referendum. [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] has already offered her valid opinion on why EU nationals should have been allowed to vote in 2016.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ha ha ha. I love this.

https://twitter.com/Geoelte_Spinne/status/995177431223988224

[tweet]995177431223988224[/tweet]

Obviously ignoring the fact that the countries that enter Eurovision do so because one of their home broadcasters has joined the European Broadcasting Corporation and paid the fees to be a member. It does receive some grants from the EU but is actually completely independent of the EU. Once again, people seeing the word European and assuming EU :wink:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They never had to become British nationals because of Free Movement. Likewise our expats didn't have to become Spanish or whatver citizens. Loads of pensioners in Spain will be coming back to the UK to live because of the change in health provision, which will put a drain on our already starved health service.

Harry Schindler 89 is suing the government for not letting him vote. He fought in WW2, in Italy which is where he lives now. Before you say he shouldn't have moved abroad, try living in this country with rheumatism and arthritis, and our climate.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13347616

He tried to get the vote in 2016 but lost his legal battle.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...lose-legal-battle-right-to-vote-eu-referendum

You are coming across a bit Daily Mail.
What has his age, his arthritis or him fighting in WW2 got to do with his legal battle,
what is the relevance of those thing to any outcome of it?

But crikey,that 1st article is 7 years old,nothing like staying current,
Im guessing The European Court of Human rights did not rule in his favour and he lost that legal battle as well, and he like you miss the point entirely that parliament decides these matters, which they did as well regarding who could vote in the referendum.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ha ha ha. I love this.

https://twitter.com/Geoelte_Spinne/status/995177431223988224

[tweet]995177431223988224[/tweet]
:lolol: How embarrassing.
This is akin to those bed-wetters that organise groups to hand out EU flags at the proms.
These should seriously consider getting a life.How pathetic do they have to be to even contemplate this as a thing.
They should just enjoy the event.....or dont like millions of others, no point in being a spanner over it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What has his age, his arthritis or him fighting in WW2 got to do with his legal battle,

Im guessing The European Court of Human rights did not rule in his favour and he lost that legal battle as well, and he like you miss the point entirely that parliament decides these matters, which they did as well regarding who could vote in the referendum.

Yes, that's how long he has been fighting it. He is suing the government.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/expat-can-sue-to-overturn-brexit-referendum-x7kbp5krf

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
:lolol: How embarrassing.
This is akin to those bed-wetters that organise groups to hand out EU flags at the proms.
These should seriously consider getting a life.How pathetic do they have to be to even contemplate this as a thing.
They should just enjoy the event.....or dont like millions of others, no point in being a spanner over it.

Get a sense of humour. Isn't having a laugh whilst having a debate allowed any more?

Btw, Australia are favourites to win, and we have to host it for them due to time differences.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

So, why did Gina Miller have to go to the Supreme Court to make sure Parliament did decide these matters? Why did the government think they could unilaterally decide it on their own?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, that's how long he has been fighting it. He is suing the government.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/expat-can-sue-to-overturn-brexit-referendum-x7kbp5krf

Just checked, he lost the case you referenced in your first article from 7 years ago, now you are conflating that with separate cases he fighting, he seems to be a serial litigator, plenty of time on his hands i suppose.

Get a sense of humour. Isn't having a laugh whilst having a debate allowed any more?

Btw, Australia are favourites to win, and we have to host it for them due to time differences.

I posted a lol emoji, get some glasses

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I voted Leave, my mum is Italian, I love Europe, I love Europeans, I just hate the EU, is that OK for you.
Sorry I don't fit the stereotype. Remainers just get in wrong over and over again.

What has that got to do with a joke about Eurovision? I posted Ha ha before the actual tweet. IT IS A JOKE.

Or all Brexiteers so miserable they have to jump on everything?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just checked, he lost the case you referenced in your first article from 7 years ago, now you are conflating that with separate cases he fighting, he seems to be a serial litigator, plenty of time on his hands i suppose.

I posted a lol emoji, get some glasses

I thought three links might be a bit too much for you to take in :wink: (note the emoji)

A lol emoji? Wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here