Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yes i have, and over 17m of my fellow citizens did as well.
Thanks for the reminder who won a democratic vote
It was democratic but terribly flawed. Sadly for you though, the government will be held accountable if they can't negotiate a deal that isn't a complete shambles.

I'm done with arguing the point. If we have another referendum, it will only be because a dreadful deal (or no deal) was put to parliament. Obviously you won't worry if it happens because the people will vote Brexit again won't they? And if they don't, well that's democracy too isn't it? Why don't you just admit you're SCARED you'd lose if another democratic vote gave the nation the chance to change it's mind?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That's just noise I'm afraid. As I've said, this amounts to nothing more than "but I don't want to be in the EU and we won, so there". You're just one-eyed over leaving the EU, but if it looks like being a complete clusterfck, nobody sane will want it.

If you dont want it, campaign to rejoin after we have left. Everyone is a democratic winner in that situation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you dont want it, campaign to rejoin after we have left. Everyone is a democratic winner in that situation.

Or we could just cut out the ten years of getting poorer (in the potential view of a majority) before that happens and we have to end up joining on far less palatable terms?

As I say, you're just scared of another referendum happening because you know you'd lose. :bigwave:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Simster getting himself at it again , if they can't sort out a deal we walk away and leave AS PER REFERENDUM RESULT
regards
DR
Not certain.

In a *no deal* situation the government could well fall - causing a general election and all bets to be off until after that.

It'll be interesting for sure if they fail in what we were told were very easy negotiations.

Jan 30, 2008
It was democratic but terribly flawed. Sadly for you though, the government will be held accountable if they can't negotiate a deal that isn't a complete shambles.

I'm done with arguing the point. If we have another referendum, it will only be because a dreadful deal (or no deal) was put to parliament. Obviously you won't worry if it happens because the people will vote Brexit again won't they? And if they don't, well that's democracy too isn't it? Why don't you just admit you're SCARED you'd lose if another democratic vote gave the nation the chance to change it's mind?
A SECOND REFERENDUM ON SPECULATION give it a rest we're leaving, SAVE YOURSELF ALL THE HEARTACHE AND FALL IN LINE
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I have just said you should campaign to rejoin after we have left, i am really not scared of this democratic option of changing the nations mind as much as you think i am.
You remainers are horrified at this democratic option though.
I will look forward to the run up to this.

Jan 30, 2008
Not certain.

In a *no deal* situation the government could well fall, causing a general election and all bets to be off until after that.

It'll be interesting for sure if they fail in what we were told were very easy negotiations.
COULD , IF , MAYBE , buzz words for the hardened remoaner.
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh dear Tubby.This late night posting after you've had a few never works out well.Try reading the posts when sober.

I was sober thank you. And re-reading your post it still makes no sense. As another poster pointed out, that’s a hell of a lot of lawsuits from cabin crew. Are you going to explain yourself? Or hide behind your straw man?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have just said you should campaign to rejoin after we have left, i am really not scared of this democratic option of changing the nations mind as much as you think i am.
You remainers are horrified at this democratic option though.
I will look forward to the run up to this.
That's not true at all though is it? To be clear, I'm not horrified at all. I will argue that we shouldn't have a second referendum unless parliament are unhappy with the deal. If that is the case, then all three scenarios should be put to the people.

On the other hand, you've spent days arguing how a second referendum shouldn't have "remain" on the ballot paper, despite the fact that a crap deal or no deal might clearly - in the minds of the electorate - look like a crock of shìt. You're not being remotely democratic, you're just insisting on getting out of the EU whatever the cost. Hopefully, similar clowns in parliament will be shouted down.

Jan 30, 2008
that's not true at all though is it? To be clear, i'm not horrified at all. I will argue that we shouldn't have a second referendum unless parliament are unhappy with the deal. If that is the case, then all three scenarios should be put to the people.

On the other hand, you've spent days arguing how a second referendum shouldn't have "remain" on the ballot paper, despite the fact that a crap deal or no deal might clearly - in the minds of the electorate - look like a crock of shìt. You're not being remotely democratic, you're just insisting on getting out of the eu whatever the cost. Hopefully, similar clowns in parliament will be shouted down.
there wont be a second referendum:dunce:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Capture_3336133b.jpg

It doesn't get better for international traders than a '500 million person market' compared to 7.6 Billion ???

Thanks for posting this: it is (as attributed you intend) thought-provoking. What would be really interesting would be to know how much of this non-EU trade is attribute to EU negotiated agreement with 3rd party nations? It would also be (even more) interesting to know what future similar ones will contribute to our export trade and whether we might have to sacrifice these as we leave the EU. I'm not sure anyone has the data.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here