Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At present we have a port coloured British passport made by the British that gives us unhindered and unlimited access to other EU member countries.

In about a year we will have a blue British passport, made by the French that will allow us to be subject to scrutiny and delays when travelling anywhere in the EU.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We don't have an EU passport. They don't exist. We have a British passport, so I don't understand your point that he is embarrassed by have a passport that doesn't even exist. National identity is also not determined by a passports colour.

Good point well made. It will be lost on those who are “blind”

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At present we have a port coloured British passport made by the British that gives us unhindered and unlimited access to other EU member countries.

In about a year we will have a blue British passport, made by the French that will allow us to be subject to scrutiny and delays when travelling anywhere in the EU.

Made me chuckle

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good point well made. It will be lost on those who are “blind”

It's simply a case of "we don't want it if those foreigners have it". The government knows this and knows that the kind of person who voted leave will also cream their pants over getting a "British passport".

"This new passport only serves to limit our ability to travel unhindered "
"Yeah but tell em it's British and make it blue, they'll swallow that. Should also distract them from the monumental **** up we're making of Brexit"

They're playing you like a deck of cards and they even tricked you into voting for it.

larus

Jesus H Christ. People are still going on about the colour of the passport and that it’s been awarded to a French company.

As a Brexit voter, the colour of the passport and who makes it is TOTALLY FVCKING IRRELEVANT. On a scale of 1 to 1000, where did it register on my decision to leave the EU. ZERO.

Now, I know some people want to make a big issue out of it, but no one (OK, you might be able to find someone who would have wanted a blue passport back) would seriously vote based on the colour of a passport which gets used once/twice per year (by most people).

Note : the number of people who would have been swayed to vote Leave based on this is probably the same as the number who voted remain because they still wanted to be able to travel to Europe (and yes, I heard a remain voter being interviewed on TV and that’s what he said).

larus

It's simply a case of "we don't want it if those foreigners have it". The government knows this and knows that the kind of person who voted leave will also cream their pants over getting a "British passport".

"Yeah but tell em it's British and make it blue, they'll swallow that. Should also distract them from the monumental **** up we're making of Brexit"

They're playing you like a deck of cards and they even tricked you into voting for it.

I guess the ones who voted Remain are still saying we’re in a recession :lol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We don't have an EU passport. They don't exist. We have a British passport, so I don't understand your point that he is embarrassed by have a passport that doesn't even exist. National identity is also not determined by a passports colour.

Are you trying to win pedant of the year award?
You are clearly a bit of a berk,you have said borders are racist,which is hatstand mental and now you are continuing in the same vein with passports.
The point(as you obviously cant understand) was he was not embarrassed by the colour as you falsely claimed, anyone reading that piece with the slightest understanding of English can see it was not the colour that he is miffed about and now you sidestep onto something else when you cant show he was embarrassed Its not my point, its his point,i was just explaining it to you as you were missing crucial information.If you want to argue the toss with an MP that a passport with European Union on the front in a colour specified by the European Union from a resolution written by the European Council has nothing at all to do with the EU then send him an email and tell him he is wrong.
The passports are changing to another colour, get over it and move on.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

An extra 10 minutes of delays when you are travelling into the EU to show your passport hardly matters, anyway once inside it you can waltz around unhindered and cross non existent borders with no one scrutinising you at all.Have a nice driving holiday,a long walking holiday perhaps, run some drugs,traffic some kids, plan a terrorist cell.......the world(or the Schengen zone) is your oyster.

But you left a bit out.
And we will have the scrutiny we didnt have before to determine on EU citizens how many and who enters the country.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell said the burgundy passport had been a source of national “humiliation”. He told the Press Association: “The restoration of our own British passport is a clear statement to the world that Britain is back."

:ffsparr:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
An extra 10 minutes of delays when you are travelling into the EU to show your passport hardly matters, anyway once inside it you can waltz around unhindered and cross non existent borders with no one scrutinising you at all.Have a nice driving holiday,a long walking holiday perhaps, run some drugs,traffic some kids, plan a terrorist cell.......the world(or the Schengen zone) is your oyster.

But you left a bit out.
And we will have the scrutiny we didnt have before to determine on EU citizens how many and who enters the country.

So basically, inconvenience yourself because you don't like foreigners. How very "you".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell said the burgundy passport had been a source of national “humiliation”. He told the Press Association: “The restoration of our own British passport is a clear statement to the world that Britain is back."

:ffsparr:

Britain is back......in the ****ing 1950's.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So basically, inconvenience yourself because you don't like foreigners. How very "you".

Where did i say i didnt like foreigners? I didnt, no need to put words in my mouth because you are angry and frustrated.
I have brothers and sisters who are married to African, South American and yank people......would be a bit odd if i really didnt like foreigners.

Honestly.....grow up and stop acting so childish that voting for brexit means you you automatically dont like foreigners...........its pathetic.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Exactly. It symbolises all that is wrong about this nonsense

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Where did i say i didnt like foreigners? I didnt, no need to put words in my mouth because you are angry and frustrated.
I have brothers and sisters who are married to African, South American and yank people......would be a bit odd if i really didnt like foreigners.

Honestly.....grow up and stop acting so childish that voting for brexit means you you automatically dont like foreigners...........its pathetic.

And it's also true.
I think you and a few others are going to be somewhat disappointed come the "leave" date.

larus

You don't understand things do you.

So, you stated we’re in a recession and I don’t understand things. :lol:.

*** you have your fingers in your ears and are shouting “I can’t hear you, I can’t hear you” ***

As you’ve never been able to show any evidence of a recession, you should just admit you made a mistake. But, like many propel, your defence appears to try to attack the person and not the message.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So, you stated we’re in a recession and I don’t understand things. :lol:.

*** you have your fingers in your ears and are shouting “I can’t hear you, I can’t hear you” ***

As you’ve never been able to show any evidence of a recession, you should just admit you made a mistake. But, like many propel, your defence appears to try to attack the person and not the message.

You don't agree about the recession. Good. Try to stay on topic. Bringing up something from months ago that's utterly irrelevant to the topic in hand shows a vast defecit in your ability to debate. Like pasta going on about the ignore function, you bang on about the recession. It's a very transparent method of trying to avoid the matter in hand and cements your reputation on here as a wally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here