Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just a little indication that holidaying in the EU is going to feel progressively "more abroad" than it has done most recently.

And the though of numerous Little Englanders ******* themselves furiously over their blue passport will make you want to return abroad.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Upset? I am trying to understand the reasons. That's all.

And you've been given the reasons and when you didn't like them you decided it was some sort of conspiracy by the government because they hadn't asked us if we wanted to change the colour of our passports. Never mind, maybe you should apply for citizenship in your now host EU country - after all it's so much better than the UK !

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just a little indication that holidaying in the EU is going to feel progressively "more abroad" than it has done most recently.

Yes. One of the sadder aspects of Brexit. Talking of Europe and its people, someone once said this: "We hope that wherever they go... they will truly feel ‘Here I am at home. I am a citizen of this country too'."

But he was a big man. Smaller people rule us now.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You can now watch SKY Sports (and other channels) in the EU via your UK account (for 30 days) due to EU legislation allowing you to access your services abroad.

I don't think the actual legislation comes into force yet but Sky (via NowTV) have gone early and emailed all customers to say that roaming is now turned on. This will apply to other services such as Netflix and Amazon.

That will probably get turned off when we leave the EU.

:)

Why,are the EU gonna shoot down the satellite.We have been watching Sky at my brother-in-laws place in France for many years now.Total non-story.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not all Brexiteers are racist

But all racists are Brexiteers

It's the EU that is racist.How many BAME members does the EU Commission have?

racists.png

Really representative of the EU's population-not.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Why,are the EU gonna shoot down the satellite.We have been watching Sky at my brother-in-laws place in France for many years now.Total non-story.

I don't want to be picky but I am not sure how the fact you have been watching Sky at your relative's place for years relates to the post you were responding to.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Recent European election trends would suggest that many of them are French or German, but never mind, you just carry on.

Don't worry Frexiteers or Gexiteers won't be created anytime soon, the experiment on a rainy island in NW Europe ain't going well

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anyone struggling with why Brits voted to quit should remember that it isn't non EU migration at stake...it's already within the governments power to address this, they just have failed to do so.

It's the mass migration of white Eastern Europeans that tipped the balance.

Stupid? Possibly, as they do jobs that Brits won't.
Reactionary? Certainly

I think this lazy "racist" label is misguided personally. There are racists but that wasn't the main issue. I work in a Hospital accident department, it's overwhelmed with patients all of the time who have arrived from Romania, Albania, And all points east who haven't yet registered with GPs so use A&E as a surgery for their kids. My kids are being taught Polish vocabulary at school and the rise in alcohol related crime occaisioned by Eastern Europeans is a daily fact in these parts.

As for mass Muslim migration...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Anyone struggling with why Brits voted to quit should remember that it isn't non EU migration at stake...it's already within the governments power to address this, they just have failed to do so.

Reactionary? Certainly

I think this lazy "racist" label is misguided personally. There are racists but that wasn't the main issue. I work in a Hospital accident department, it's overwhelmed with patients all of the time who have arrived from Romania, Albania, And all points east who haven't yet registered with GPs so use A&E as a surgery for their kids. My kids are being taught Polish vocabulary at school and the rise in alcohol related crime occaisioned by Eastern Europeans is a daily fact in these parts.

Whereabouts are you as a matter of interest?

You're right about non-EU migration of course. It should not have been a factor in the referendum campaign but leave activists, knowing a good thing when they saw it, made little effort to avoid EU and non-EU migration being conflated. Farage and the nastier end of the Leave campaign positively encouraged this confusion with posters and public comments about rapists roaming the streets. Leave voters' response to the issue of migration can only be regarded as a valid comment on Freedom of Movement if we accept that that they deliberately and carefully factored out Asian and other migration before bringing their pencils down. Obviously they didn't. As the Thanet hairdresser said on the BBC SE vox-pop at the time, 'I voted out because of all them muslims'.

Clearly there are specific areas where EU migration has caused practical problems. I know a couple of them. Perhaps you live in another.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I don't want to be picky but I am not sure how the fact you have been watching Sky at your relative's place for years relates to the post you were responding to.

The post I was responding to was about being able to watch Sky Sports (and other channels) in the EU (possibly including the Eurozone) due to EU legislation.We have watched Sky Sports (and other channels) in the EU (possibly including the Eurozone) when we have been in France for many years.What don't you understand about that?I know many of you Remainers don't travel abroad very often,but surely you must realise that Sky Sports has been available in the EU (possibly including the Eurozone) for many years,through a satellite dish,not the EU (possibly including the Eurozone).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whereabouts are you as a matter of interest?

You're right about non-EU migration of course. It should not have been a factor in the referendum campaign but leave activists, knowing a good thing when they saw it, made little effort to avoid EU and non-EU migration being conflated. Farage and the nastier end of the Leave campaign positively encouraged this confusion with posters and public comments about rapists roaming the streets. Leave voters' response to the issue of migration can only be regarded as a valid comment on Freedom of Movement if we accept that that they deliberately and carefully factored out Asian and other migration before bringing their pencils down. Obviously they didn't. As the Thanet hairdresser said on the BBC SE vox-pop at the time, 'I voted out because of all them muslims'.

Clearly there are specific areas where EU migration has caused practical problems. I know a couple of them. Perhaps you live in another.

I think you will find that 'rapists roaming the streets' were the ones already in various EU countries that would get the right to come here on obtaining EU citizenship.Some people decided to invite them in without any consultation whatsoever,hence Brexit and the on-going problems in Hungary,Poland,Czech Republic etc refusing to accept any of these 'refugees'.

Jan 30, 2008

Reactionary? Certainly

the do gooders on here say nothings wrong with MASS MIGRATION ,thanks for the reality check
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here