Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would be against Britain having no sovereignty too but as everything from taxes, welfare, minimum wage, education, regional development, infrastructure, our national defence and a heap more besides have never stopped being the responsibility of our national parliament I am not too concerned. Lying subsidy-claimers who simultaneously make billions out of offshore manufacturing worry me more.

Anyone recommend a good vacuum cleaner?

Numatic, made in Britain and the Henry model has a Bowler hat, suitable for both leave and remain voters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside the woman next to me in the coworking place has had some weasel company from Birmingham trying to renegotiate their contracted payment due to the collapse of exchange rate. Weasels.

D

Deleted member 22389

The website quoted is at best a questionable source! However, you're right - her racism (if the source is reliable) has nothing to do with the machinations of Brexit. I know remainers say different ('Leave voters are thick old fascist racists'), but with all those racist anti-Semitic pro-remain Labour MPs in their ranks, they are in no position to talk.
Brexit has nothing to do with gender warfare or gender issues either, in spite of that other thread on Govern or Go trying to mix them up.

The language aimed at leave voters generally has been a disgrace. No matter how much I disagree with someone's point of view, I would never use this language. The word thick that has been trotted out on this thread in the past, is the word I really hate the most, mostly because it's been used against my brother who works at a fast food chain cleaning. Little do they know he has learning difficulties and is the only job he can do, and is the only company that provided support. It's comments like these that have ruined his confidence.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The language aimed at leave voters generally has been a disgrace. No matter how much I disagree with someone's point of view, I would never use this language. The word thick that has been trotted out on this thread in the past, is the word I really hate the most, mostly because it's been used against my brother who works at a fast food chain cleaning. Little do they know he has learning difficulties and is the only job he can do, and is the only company that provided support. It's comments like these that have ruined his confidence.

Interesting . You are one of the most prolific declarers of "PC gone mad", "can't say anything without someone being offended", "offended on behalf of others", "generation snowflake". Yet you are offended at anyone using the word thick because of your brother.
See, it's okay to cry "pc gone mad" until it gets round to something you care about.

D

Deleted member 22389

Interesting . You are one of the most prolific declarers of "PC gone mad", "can't say anything without someone being offended", "offended on behalf of others", "generation snowflake". Yet you are offended at anyone using the word thick because of your brother.
See, it's okay to cry "pc gone mad" until it gets round to something you care about.

Fair enough. Think want most of us want in this country is some balance, without having stuff rammed down our throats.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The truth of gradually coming out on Russia and Brexit, who'd had guessed it?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistef...mitting-russia?utm_term=.ag95xBQ8Y#.ndbPBmw5Z

Capture.JPG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just googled "Brexit" and dont get even half the doom you get.

View attachment 91104

Seem to get a far more balanced/information based crop.......looks like your google knows what you enjoy reading.

I must admit I'm really quite disturbed by the apps that are showing on your top bar. Maybe you should ask Damien Green over for lunch?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Funny how there seems to be a majority of historians, academics and entrepreneurs that I have met, observed or listened to in the media, who voted Leave.
There should be no coupling of unintelligence with learning difficulty. There is no norm in society. We are all individually different and every one of us has a different set of skills. An inabilty to communicate in a way that is considered normal, does not mark an individual out as unintelligent. The quotidian routine of small talk, innuendo and gossip is not always possible. Many of those with learning difficulty have to use their high intelligence to figure out a way to battle through the mental and physical obstructions that life has put in their way. Obstacles that don't exist for some other members of society.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
http://www.parliament.uk/business/c...brexit-future-customs-report-published-17-19/

Report summary

Under current plans, the UK is set to leave the European single market and the customs union in March 2019. It would be catastrophic if HM Revenue & Customs' new customs system, the Customs Declaration Service, is not ready in time and if there is no viable fall-back option.

In 2015, around 55 million customs declarations were made by 141,000 traders. The UK's exit from the EU could see the number of customs declarations which HMRC must process each year increase five-fold to 255 million. A failed customs system could therefore lead to huge disruption for businesses, with delays potentially causing massive queues at Dover and resulting in food being left to rot in trucks at the border.

This is a programme of national importance that could have a huge reputational impact for the UK if it is not delivered successfully.

The uncertainty regarding the outcome of UK-EU negotiations is a complicating factor but it should not be used by HMRC to avoid taking action now in areas including: scaling up the CDS service to handle 255 million declarations; ensuring a viable contingency option is in place well before January 2019; and communicating with traders.
Financial and operational implications of not acting now

There are financial as well as operational implications of not acting now. This is a tight timetable at the best of times. With the hard deadline of Brexit, delay is not an option.

The Treasury needs to ensure there is funding in place to develop contingency options so that there are no barriers to continuity of service. HMRC also needs to do a lot more to work with the many businesses affected.

Much remains to be done to have an effective Customs Declaration Service in place, on time, and that traders know how to use.

We intend to keep a close eye on this programme and expect to review progress early in the Summer of 2018, following a further review by the NAO.
Ongoing work

The report forms part of the Committee's ongoing examination of aspects of the UK's departure from the EU. The Committee will take evidence on Brexit and the UK border on Monday November 20.
Chair's comment

Comment from Public Accounts Chair, Meg Hillier MP:

"Failure to have a viable customs system in place before the UK's planned exit from the EU would wreak havoc for UK business, trade and our international reputation. Confidence would collapse amid the potentially catastrophic effects.

HMRC is under considerable pressure to deliver the new Customs Declaration Service in time, but it does not yet have funding to increase the capacity of CDS to deal with the consequences of Brexit—nor to develop contingency options.

This is deeply worrying. HMRC requires a relatively small sum to upgrade the current CHIEF system—a move which would provide some peace of mind to traders, many of whom are still operating with limited information and in great uncertainty.

HMRC tells us it is merely 'in conversation' over CHIEF upgrade costs when, on behalf of business and the British public, it should be banging on the doors of the Treasury.

HMRC must press the case to secure this funding now and ensure that, if other plans fail, customs will be fit for purpose."

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The truth of gradually coming out on Russia and Brexit, who'd had guessed it?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistef...mitting-russia?utm_term=.ag95xBQ8Y#.ndbPBmw5Z

View attachment 91127

We're constantly told that Brexit will make Britain stronger, more prosperous, better able to fight its corner in the world and to be a fierce and strong flag waver for freedom and western values. Can anyone on here therefore tell me why Mr Putin regarded it as being in Russia's interests to instruct his St Petersburg troll factory to intervene in the referendum in the way he apparently did?

If what our Brexit enthusiasts say is true he should have been fighting to keep us IN the EU. Surely?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
without a doubt :thumbsup:, grizzling for grizzling sake by the usual suspects on here, par for the course really ,sore losers and all that , they'll get over it in time GRIZZLERS ALWAYS DO :rolleyes:
regards
DR
Makes little difference to me either way.

:)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Here is another extract from Buzzfeed.Seems to be even-handed to me,both Pro and anti Brexit posts,so what's the fuss?yawn.jpg

Asked this chap if he liked Germans,and he threatened to bite them if they get close.

proud.jpg

And we are still leaving.Tick-tock,tick-tock.Looks like up to 20 Labour MP's supporting the Brexit vote.:lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
Here is another extract from Buzzfeed.Seems to be even-handed to me,both Pro and anti Brexit posts,so what's the fuss?View attachment 91131

Asked this chap if he liked Germans,and he threatened to bite them if they get close.

View attachment 91132

And we are still leaving.Tick-tock,tick-tock.Looks like up to 20 Labour MP's supporting the Brexit vote.:lolol:
wouldn't want to lose their seats at the next election would they, I mean you have to look at how your electorate voted on the matter :whistle:
regards
DR

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Tomorrow the front pages are outing Tory rebels. Sourbry already complaining about 'bullying'. Others say it is fair they are outted. I think they are in the firing line of debate for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here