Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You don't half spout some rubbish! It is no such proof; you can't (and Mo Farah can do it faster).

You appear to be unable to make simple connections.

Are you in control of your own thought processes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This really comes across as they'll need us more than we need them, so we should stay in to help prop up this impending disaster.

No thanks.

No it doesn't. Please think broadly. This is not a simple issue.

The EU is not perfect, but destruction of the EU is not perfect either.

The Euro is a disaster.
Some Euro economies are basket cases.
Common immigration policy is a joke
EU security against terrorists would be laughable unfortunately the ease these vile people can infiltrate Europe is no laughing matter.
Peoples all over Europe are unhappy with the status quo,unhappy with the direction of the EU and unhappy with the lack of democracy and loss of sovereignty.

Its one big car crash waiting to happen

You can either stay in and rubberneck the crash in the far fetched hope that those that don’t ever want reform will suddenly become reformists. Because every single inner will admit the EU is not perfect, every single inner will admit the EU needs reform. NOT ONE inner will tell you what exactly needs fixing and will in conjunction offer a solution how reform can be implemented. That is because they all know deep down their reservations cannot be reformed.

You can stay in and watch the crash and only then make a scramble for the lifejackets, only to realise there are not enough to go around and you will be sucked under like everyone else.

Or you can get OUT now, plan ahead,(it will take years of planning ….but so what)stop being so EU insular and isolationist , and set up trade deals with not only Europe but also free to be true globalists and trade with nations everywhere including our oldest friends in the commonwealth
We will then be in a far superior place to weather the storm of the crash that is coming.
Stands up and claps slowly with others joining in and soon everyone is clapping and whooping with joy.
100% exactly this.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Greek economy will crash again. There will be significant problems with migration at the borders of the EU. The question is, do you want to be inside the EU and having an influence over that or outside the EU with no influence whilst watching a weakened EU - one of the trade partners we'd like to see stay strong - struggle.

Outside watching the EU struggle sounds fine to me. Mutterings from across the pond seem to be suggesting that a Brexit will cause financial problems for the EU too. Like most 'inners' facts, that is also speculation, but whatever.......that'll be the EU's problem. Not our's

Sent from a Basildon Bond note-pad, using a fountain pen.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You are right in saying that there are further crashes to come. Staying in the EU is not about everything being a bed of roses.

The Greek economy will crash again. There will be significant problems with migration at the borders of the EU. The question is, do you want to be inside the EU and having an influence over that or outside the EU with no influence whilst watching a weakened EU - one of the trade partners we'd like to see stay strong - struggle.

This vote won't just affect the UK, it will affect the EU. Everything is connected.

I want to be as far away as possible from the car crash when it happens,i dont want the UK involved and desperately working and looking with other other EU partners for the nearest lifeboat.

get out now,stop being EU insular and isolationist and lets stretch our reach to trading with the rest of the world(and of course the EU) on our terms.....its win win

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No it doesn't. Please think broadly. This is not a simple issue.

The EU is not perfect, but destruction of the EU is not perfect either.

The EU is like FIFA. Bloated, broken and needs putting to sleep and starting again.

It really needs to go back to what it was supposed to be about which was free trade. That is all. Not heading towards some super state which you know is the end goal.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You are right in saying that there are further crashes to come. Staying in the EU is not about everything being a bed of roses.

This vote won't just affect the UK, it will affect the EU. Everything is connected.

What influence has the electorate had in this country about anything significant that the EU has done in recent years, or intends to do in the future?

On the contrary British politicians lied about the far reaching effects of the Lisbon Treaty, an all but re-warmed EU constitution that had been rejected by the French and Dutch electorates. Mandelson referred to it as a "tidying up exercise" despite Labour offering a referendum in its 2005 manifesto. Brown was so embarrassed he did not take part in the Treaty celebrations........skulking in on the quiet to sign it.

The expansion of the EU into Eastern Europe was never sold to the British electorate, it happened anyway with all the profound consequences we have since witnessed. At the time we were told we would expect 15,000 poles to arrive, this was at a time very few people understood that the Lisbon Treaty had effectively swept away our ability to manage our borders.

The effects of the EU's mismanagement of Its borders are now coming home to roost with the same old solution of more Europe needed. This solution now means further expansion of the EU to include Turkey........who the f**k has sold this to the EU electorate? Do you think we will get a vote?

Influence you say..........you must be f**king mental.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
lets stretch our reach to trading with the rest of the world(and of course the EU) on our terms.....its win win

The arrogance of this statement is breath-taking. The empire is over my friend.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I want to be as far away as possible from the car crash when it happens,i dont want the UK involved and desperately working and looking with other other EU partners for the nearest lifeboat.

get out now,stop being EU insular and isolationist and lets stretch our reach to trading with the rest of the world(and of course the EU) on our terms.....its win win

When the terraced house next door starts burning down you don't automatically assume that you are safe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you must be f**king mental.

Few people I know actually bother reading your posts these days. You'd get your message across much better if you didn't resort to this sort of behaviour.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What influence has the electorate had in this country about anything significant that the EU has done in recent years, or intends to do in the future?

On the contrary British politicians lied about the far reaching effects of the Lisbon Treaty, an all but re-warmed EU constitution that had been rejected by the French and Dutch electorates. Mandelson referred to it as a "tidying up exercise" despite Labour offering a referendum in its 2005 manifesto. Brown was so embarrassed he did not take part in the Treaty celebrations........skulking in on the quiet to sign it.

The expansion of the EU into Eastern Europe was never sold to the British electorate, it happened anyway with all the profound consequences we have since witnessed. At the time we were told we would expect 15,000 poles to arrive, this was at a time very few people understood that the Lisbon Treaty had effectively swept away our ability to manage our borders.

The effects of the EU's mismanagement of Its borders are now coming home to roost with the same old solution of more Europe needed. This solution now means further expansion of the EU to include Turkey........who the f**k has sold this to the EU electorate? Do you think we will get a vote?

Influence you say..........you must be f**king mental.

Emotional hogwash.

I'm out of this thread for the day.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Few people I know actually bother reading your posts these days. You'd get your message across much better if you didn't resort to this sort of behaviour.

I wouldn't need to "resort to such behaviour" if individuals did not make points that are patently untrue.

If you think the people of Europe will get a vote on further EU expansionism you are either deluded or mad, the only precedent that exists is EU expansionism without any democratic mandate.

That is a fact, get over it and start justifying it...........don't say we will have a say.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

1/how on earth do you know who is reading what post at any given time on NSC

2/ it would appear from the thread and comments on it that cunnings input is welcomed considering his ban elsewhere

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've gone from definitely IN to most likely IN. Unless OUT come up with a convincing argument (and for me they haven't yet), then I'm IN.

If we weren't already in, and you had the opportunity to vote whether to join the EU or not - how would you vote?

To me that's the clincher - why would anyone look at the EU from the outside and see it as a club that we want to join?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If we weren't already in, and you had the opportunity to vote whether to join the EU or not - how would you vote?

To me that's the clincher - why would anyone look at the EU from the outside and see it as a club that we want to join?

Precisely

If someone said to you we are going to join a trade club it looks ok on paper as a trade deal only
you would say sounds good

if they added oh by the way we want years down the line a federal club where you need to give up sovereign and judicial powers,and you cant vote out the lawmakers ......are you still interested in joining?

no dickheads would sign up to that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here