Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
We're not supposed to talk about the dastardly City but Goldman and Paribas have said they would move some operations to the mainland, while investors such as Blackrock and auditors such as PWC have both been quite firm in saying that Brexit does the City no favours. The Bank of England also mentioned this in their not so subtle briefing on the risks to the UK economy. The City and London is stronger in.

Maybe not, but by God you Tories love to rollout your mates like PwC and Goldman Sachs, with their peerless independent political views on how this country should benefit from continued membership of the EU.........

http://www.theguardian.com/business...ign-keep-britain-in-european-union-referendum

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ousecoopers-tax-structures-politics-influence

What do you really expect from Tory shills.............a dairy farmer wouldn't want to lose its best milk producing cow? Of course they want us to stay in the EU?

As for Blackrock and BNP, don't think that their shit don't stink......till they have their own ships in order they should stop telling us how exercising our democratic right will lose them money.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/library/communication/pr/2012/086.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28099694

They are evidently doing quite well on their own.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the economy, the City, and the financial sector (the virtual economy) isn't the be-all and end-all.

Sadly, due to the woefully imbalanced UK economy, it is vitally important. Both Labour and the Tories recognise this.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
eu.jpg

im glad it was you that posted this image.
it illustrates perfectly that the EU does in fact set up trade deals and is negotiating trade deals with those outside the EU.We can therefore negotiate a bespoke British- EU trade deal.To say we cant is a lie.
It also highlights that your insistence that we can only trade with the EU if we agree to freedom of movement is just a ridiculous scare tactic with no basis whatsoever in fact. Your map is proof of this.

Attachments

• tradoc_149622 (2).png
    tradoc_149622 (2).png
    881.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I shall be voting in. None of the out arguments have convinced me to do otherwise.

To be fair you were always going to vote in even if the outters proved that by voting out you'd be presented with 20 virgins all carrying a Michelin star meal, with some micro-brewed beer and being followed by the BHA squad fresh from winning the Champions League !

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
im glad it was you that posted this image.
it illustrates perfectly that the EU does in fact set up trade deals and is negotiating trade deals with those outside the EU.We can therefore negotiate a bespoke British- EU trade deal.To say we cant is a lie.
It also highlights that your insistence that we can only trade with the EU if we agree to freedom of movement is just a ridiculous scare tactic with no basis whatsoever in fact. Your map is proof of this.

It's proof that the EU has set up deals. It's not proof of anything else.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's proof that the EU has set up deals. It's not proof of anything else.

yes it is......its proof that we can do a trade deal with the EU without having to submit to free movement,just look at all the countries that trade with the EU that free movement does not come into play. 5ways has been saying we must submit to free movement if we wish to trade with the EU..........THIS IS A LIE (sorry for shouting)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
yes it is......its proof that we can do a trade deal with the EU without having to submit to free movement,just look at all the countries that trade with the EU that free movement does not come into play. 5ways has been saying we must submit to free movement if we wish to trade with the EU..........THIS IS A LIE (sorry for shouting)

Mo Farah can run the marathon in 2 hours 15 minutes, so it is proof that I could do the same thing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Mo Farah can run the marathon in 2 hours 15 minutes, so it is proof that I could do the same thing.

joking aside,i presume you are another that says we will not be able to trade with the EU after a brexit unless we submit to free movement of eu nationals

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Euro is a disaster.
Some Euro economies are basket cases.
Common immigration policy is a joke
EU security against terrorists would be laughable unfortunately the ease these vile people can infiltrate Europe is no laughing matter.
Peoples all over Europe are unhappy with the status quo,unhappy with the direction of the EU and unhappy with the lack of democracy and loss of sovereignty.

Its one big car crash waiting to happen

You can either stay in and rubberneck the crash in the far fetched hope that those that don’t ever want reform will suddenly become reformists. Because every single inner will admit the EU is not perfect, every single inner will admit the EU needs reform. NOT ONE inner will tell you what exactly needs fixing and will in conjunction offer a solution how reform can be implemented. That is because they all know deep down their reservations cannot be reformed.

You can stay in and watch the crash and only then make a scramble for the lifejackets, only to realise there are not enough to go around and you will be sucked under like everyone else.

Or you can get OUT now, plan ahead,(it will take years of planning ….but so what)stop being so EU insular and isolationist , and set up trade deals with not only Europe but also free to be true globalists and trade with nations everywhere including our oldest friends in the commonwealth
We will then be in a far superior place to weather the storm of the crash that is coming.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The In people I've spoken to just give the impression of liking the status quo of it all without any real thought about it.

The EU is just one big bureaucratic non elected failure. Have they done anything that has been a success? Literally anything that has bettered all our lives?[/QUOTE

Roads?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
joking aside,i presume you are another that says we will not be able to trade with the EU after a brexit unless we submit to free movement of eu nationals

No I am not.

And joking aside you'll admit that the EU's scale has a significant effect when in comes to the deals that it can set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The In people I've spoken to just give the impression of liking the status quo of it all without any real thought about it.

The EU is just one big bureaucratic non elected failure. Have they done anything that has been a success? Literally anything that has bettered all our lives?[/QUOTE

Roads?
Well, that post is certainly a car crash of a post.........................

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
at least we agree,5ways is talking rubbish

Is 5ways actually saying there will be no trade at all with the EU or that our influence when trading with, and ease of trading within the EU will be diminished?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is 5ways actually saying there will be no trade at all with the EU or that our influence when trading with, and ease of trading within the EU will be diminished?

he has said we cannot trade with the EU without first submitting to the fundamental EU doodah of free movement
his map would suggest nations can trade with the EU without submitting to free movement

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Euro is a disaster.
Some Euro economies are basket cases.
Common immigration policy is a joke
EU security against terrorists would be laughable unfortunately the ease these vile people can infiltrate Europe is no laughing matter.
Peoples all over Europe are unhappy with the status quo,unhappy with the direction of the EU and unhappy with the lack of democracy and loss of sovereignty.

Its one big car crash waiting to happen

You can either stay in and rubberneck the crash in the far fetched hope that those that don’t ever want reform will suddenly become reformists. Because every single inner will admit the EU is not perfect, every single inner will admit the EU needs reform. NOT ONE inner will tell you what exactly needs fixing and will in conjunction offer a solution how reform can be implemented. That is because they all know deep down their reservations cannot be reformed.

You can stay in and watch the crash and only then make a scramble for the lifejackets, only to realise there are not enough to go around and you will be sucked under like everyone else.

Or you can get OUT now, plan ahead,(it will take years of planning ….but so what)stop being so EU insular and isolationist , and set up trade deals with not only Europe but also free to be true globalists and trade with nations everywhere including our oldest friends in the commonwealth
We will then be in a far superior place to weather the storm of the crash that is coming.

You are right in saying that there are further crashes to come. Staying in the EU is not about everything being a bed of roses.

The Greek economy will crash again. There will be significant problems with migration at the borders of the EU. The question is, do you want to be inside the EU and having an influence over that or outside the EU with no influence whilst watching a weakened EU - one of the trade partners we'd like to see stay strong - struggle.

This vote won't just affect the UK, it will affect the EU. Everything is connected.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No I am not.

And joking aside you'll admit that the EU's scale has a significant effect when in comes to the deals that it can set up.

You make it sound so massive, its basically France and Germany and us at the moment. Take us away and its significantly smaller.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You are right in saying that there are further crashes to come. Staying in the EU is not about everything being a bed of roses.

The Greek economy will crash again. There will be significant problems with migration at the borders of the EU. The question is, do you want to be inside the EU and having an influence over that or outside the EU with no influence whilst watching a weakened EU - one of the trade partners we'd like to see stay strong - struggle.

This vote won't just affect the UK, it will affect the EU. Everything is connected.

This really comes across as they'll need us more than we need them, so we should stay in to help prop up this impending disaster.

No thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here