Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
After the past fortnight's utter Tory shambles all credible economists and business leaders are predicting carnage. Business is leaving the country. Britain is heading for disaster. This is a genuinely scary time for all of us. I feel for those that fail to see it, they will be hit hardest.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Invented in Berlin.

You've been listening to too much HT propaganda!Been around for longer than Germany.

kraut propaganda.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Where is this £350m then?

Won't find out till we leave,unless the EU extorts it under the 'negotiations'.Try asking again in 2019.Did you hear the Spanish FM guaranteeing British residency rights etc.,even under a no-deal scenario.Another of the remoaners favourite whines gone then,but none of you seem to be mentioning it-wonder why.

Jan 30, 2008
Won't find out till we leave,unless the EU extorts it under the 'negotiations'.Try asking again in 2019.Did you hear the Spanish FM guaranteeing British residency rights etc.,even under a no-deal scenario.Another of the remoaners favourite whines gone then,but none of you seem to be mentioning it-wonder why.
AND THE FACT THE EU STILL CAN'T COME TO TERMS WITH LOOSING one of their BIG pay master hence why the want to rinse us of as much cash as they can:nono:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Well yes. Apart from the fact this will never happen, probably not a bad idea. The Tory's will decimate our military forces over the next 4 years. Anyways, aren't these Uber macho, bulldog type remainers on here always binting on about bringing back national service. I suppose they just don't like the idea of a foreigner having any involvement despite Britain conscripting foreign nations into our forces for centuries.
DO YOU CHANGE YOUR NAPPY EVERY TIME YOU POST ON THIS THREAD
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"could":facepalm:
regards
DR

What do think Amber Rudd and The Home Office are going to do differently to whats suggested in that article then with the resources they have? It also appears Settled Status may be running into legal choppy water now with the requirement that EU nationals register prior to any transitional deal ending too. Contravenes EU laws that we'd still be party too. Got a view on that as well?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
After the past fortnight's utter Tory shambles all credible economists and business leaders are predicting carnage. Business is leaving the country. Britain is heading for disaster. This is a genuinely scary time for all of us. I feel for those that fail to see it, they will be hit hardest.

Very good. So, as you have obviously seen all this coming, would you care to advise those of us that didn't what you have done to protect yourself?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

I don't think anyone was expecting us to be barred from entry to the EU. That the EU can 'extort' us at all tells us who is in the driving seat. While we wait for 2019 to see a glimmer of an upside UK growth is lagging behind the EU. I'm sure waiting for 2019 will do wonders for business confidence, just enough time to relocate to the continent.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What do think Amber Rudd and The Home Office are going to do differently to whats suggested in that article then with the resources they have? It also appears Settled Status may be running into legal choppy water now with the requirement that EU nationals register prior to any transitional deal ending too. Contravenes EU laws that we'd still be party too. Got a view on that as well?

Well I suppose we will just have to take a leaf out of the Spanish book of observance of EU laws on residency.Did you hear the Spanish Foreign Minister guaranteeing British residency and holidaying rights in Spain,regardless of any deal?If it's good enough for them,it's good enough for us.Looks like a bit of realism finally creeping in.18 million holiday-makers a year pays a lot of wages!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I don't think anyone was expecting us to be barred from entry to the EU. That the EU can 'extort' us at all tells us who is in the driving seat. While we wait for 2019 to see a glimmer of an upside UK growth is lagging behind the EU. I'm sure waiting for 2019 will do wonders for business confidence, just enough time to relocate to the continent.

Anybody who is stupid enough not to see that the EU is dying,is very welcome to leave.When is QE finishing?The EU bank can't keep buying worthless debt forever,and once they stop,the bubble will burst big time.Looking forward to getting Lira,Drachma,and Pesetas again.:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well I suppose we will just have to take a leaf out of the Spanish book of observance of EU laws on residency.Did you hear the Spanish Foreign Minister guaranteeing British residency and holidaying rights in Spain,regardless of any deal?If it's good enough for them,it's good enough for us.Looks like a bit of realism finally creeping in.18 million holiday-makers a year pays a lot of wages!

Yes I did - a sensible, friendly and conciliatory gesture.

I do think the aim on living rights and future immigration may well be to just end up having FOM by another name and talk tough about the fact we 'could' remove the unemployed etc, (which we could do anyway), because we want a deal, they want a deal and Amber Rudd has said no deal is 'unthinkable' and The Home Office wouldn't be able to cope with doing anything much different to the current status quo.

Jan 30, 2008
yep, lets wait and see
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here