Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I haven't got a clue. All I know is the video is right as regards the complete overreaction to brexit.

The Video is as smug and pompous as the people it tries to vilify, I also don't think there has been massive overreaction in terms of response on this thread. On the left you have people who view it is wrong and a mistake to leave the EU and on the right you have people who think it is right and correct to leave the EU. Most of the stuff in the middle is filler, showboating, stats, more stats and lies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Britain showed us what is WRONG with Europe’ Top German government advisor backs Brexit
A TOP German economist and advisor to Angela Merkel’s government has given his backing to Brexit, saying the British have “shown what is wrong in Europe”.

He has probably been lined up against the wall and shot now for daring to question the queen of Europe

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The Video is as smug and pompous as the people it tries to vilify, I also don't think there has been massive overreaction in terms of response on this thread. On the left you have people who view it is wrong and a mistake to leave the EU and on the right you have people who think it is right and correct to leave the EU. Most of the stuff in the middle is filler, showboating, stats, more stats and lies.

It is a little more complex than that. The Tories took us into the EU and drove through subsequent treaties. The Left has always been anti EU ( from Tony Benn through to Jeremy Corbyn). There is good reason for that as left wing
economics is incompatible with a capitalist free market in Labour and capital.These days the Party has many middle class liberals amongs its supporters and these tend to be Remainers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
People rarely read the link if they do not like the poster, better to put the content. I knew you and the other sad act would both post to try and agitate the poster instead of the post.

Exactly
Seems only a couple of weeks ago you posted a link to something from the Express and one of the playground posse said he refused to discuss anything from it.
seem annoyed if you dont and annoyed if you do......begins with H i believe.

I'll add play the victim card to the bingo card.

Good luck anyone snatching the victim card off Lincoln.
Not sure he wants to give it up just yet.

are you Lincoln imps love child :facepalm:
regards
DR

:clap: but harsh on lincoln

Wasn't that produced by the far right American fruitcake who believes that school massacres have been staged by 'the establishment'? Next up, 'Is Jeremy Corbyn a Grand Wizard?'

No.
He produces his own youtube videos. Unless of course you have a link to the Paul Watson video where he said this. Think you are thinking of that nutter Alex Jones

Who benefits most from a no-deal?

I have just read a piece by an ardent remainer that the people who benefit have private health insurance,have kids at private school, go on exotic holidays,have houses in the countryside and like to sack their employees easily. He gave an example as well (Jacob Rees Mogg)
yes i sniggered as well whilst wondering how many chips the author had on his shoulder.
(and no i havnt got the link....its print)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He has probably been lined up against the wall and shot now for daring to question the queen of Europe

A bit like the UK top Government advisor and ambassador to the EU, for daring to suggest it will be difficult.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A bit like the UK top Government advisor and ambassador to the EU, for daring to suggest it will be difficult.

Not really. Sir Ivan Rogers resigned and he did so not because of pressure from pro-Brexit politicans but from what he perceived as their inability to understand briefings.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Exactly
Seems only a couple of weeks ago you posted a link to something from the Express and one of the playground posse said he refused to discuss anything from it.
seem annoyed if you dont and annoyed if you do......begins with H i believe.

Not just H, although he readily jumps on the bandwagon.
I have tried putting down my opinion.....they want proof......i put up a link......they don't like the source......i copy and paste pieces that i agree with......they want the link.....they accuse me of not answering their questions......when i do........................i get the senarios mentioned in this post.
Really they do not want a different opinion, not keen on listening, which actually highlights why they are gutted Brexit and the Elections did not go their way.
Maybe if instead of being the noisy (what they thought was the majority) and listened to the quieter minority ( which turned out to be majority) then perhaps the results would 1) Not have been such a surprise to them, and 2) Would next time LISTEN and accept that the majority of the people were NOT happy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not just H, although he readily jumps on the bandwagon.
I have tried putting down my opinion.....they want proof......i put up a link......they don't like the source......i copy and paste pieces that i agree with......they want the link.....they accuse me of not answering their questions......when i do........................i get the senarios mentioned in this post.

Ah, diddums. And to think you have the temerity to suggest Remainers whine?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm still struggling to see how we will be better off when we leave ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ah, diddums. And to think you have the temerity to suggest Remainers whine?

Will you come scurrying back to the UK if your beloved Fatherland goes down with the EU.
Perhaps you could then advise the Germans where they went wrong..... you seem to have a brilliant record of predicting our outcomes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will you come scurrying back to the UK if your beloved Fatherland goes down with the EU.
Perhaps you could then advise the Germans where they went wrong..... you seem to have a brilliant record of predicting our outcomes.

Who knows. If I don't like living where I currently live I move to somewhere I do like. It's a simple policy which has served me well. It ensures I'm always happy. I can think of numerous places above the UK where I'd prefer to live so the answer is no.

Next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here