Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I merely stated that i think Canada are wanting to deal with us (as might others) quickly, because they MIGHT feel that the EU is not that steady. My opinion if that is ok with you.

If you think that the reason Canada will do an early deal with us is because the think the EU might collapse then that's fine with me. Good to know where you're coming from.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I have answered it, not to your liking, tell me what you want me to write......i'll do it.

You may have answered a question but you certainly haven't answered the one that was asked. Mr Blair's spin doctors would have been proud of you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think you will find that low inflation is always preferable than high, if we bumped along at 1% that would be more than enough given the slide in earnings over the last 10 years.

I'm afraid not. 'Low' and 'high' are value judgements dependent upon conditions in the economy. Western Governments (particularly the EU and the US) have been pursuing higher inflation rates ever since 2008 hence the policy of quantitative easing which is designed to create inflationary pressure to stimulate investment.
The idea that low inflation is always a priority for economic policy is a Tory one and is achieved through austerity which is the opposite of the quantitative easing approach taken elsewhere. I am not advocating quantitative easing as it simply increases asset prices. Far better to invest in infrastructure and similar but either way it is preferable to constantly target low
inflation as is Tory economic policy.
Regarding your second point you are missing the correlation between inflation and earnings.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"Titanic " future..........very dramatic, who stated that and when will it start.

Boris Johnson I'm afraid, you know, the mayor of London who bought water cannons he couldn't legally use, the man who said he was " genuinely worried " that Donald Trump might be elected president, the man who agonised over which side of the Brexit argument he should be on in order to position himself for high office..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Boris Johnson I'm afraid, you know, the mayor of London who bought water cannons he couldn't legally use, the man who said he was " genuinely worried " that Donald Trump might be elected president, the man who agonised over which side of the Brexit argument he should be on in order to position himself for high office..

Yeah, i did not vote out because of Boris, did you vote remain because of Cameron, i think we both voted the way we wanted.

Jan 30, 2008
More of the same from you I'm afraid.

I passed on the report that having signed a deal with the EU the Canadians are now likely to sign a deal with post-exit UK. According to the Canadians it won't be as good a deal for Britain as the EU one, but it will nevertheless, be a deal.

Your reaction to that is to ask if the Canadians might be worried that the EU would collapse. I don't understand. Your comment may or may not be complete dipstickery but what on earth has it got to do with the post you were responding to?
you must send yourself to sleep :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You may have answered a question but you certainly haven't answered the one that was asked. Mr Blair's spin doctors would have been proud of you.

That is all you and some of the Remainers do, ask questions, when you do not get the answer you want, you ask again......then another question.
Your questions will not change the way i voted then, or now. time and again Leave voters state why they voted out, but you can not accept that we made OUR own minds up, that we might be comfortable with the way we voted, that we explained months ago why we voted the way we did.
Have you or the Remain supporters here been grilled why they voted Remain....not really.

Jan 30, 2008
that is all you and some of the remainers do, ask questions, when you do not get the answer you want, you ask again......then another question.
Your questions will not change the way i voted then, or now. Time and again leave voters state why they voted out, but you can not accept that we made our own minds up, that we might be comfortable with the way we voted, that we explained months ago why we voted the way we did.
Have you or the remain supporters here been grilled why they voted remain....not really.
the only question to ask is why are they still banging on about leaving the EU :shrug:
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah, i did not vote out because of Boris, did you vote remain because of Cameron, i think we both voted the way we wanted.

The futile point you were trying to make was that I used the term "Titanic " in reference to what happens after brexit when in fact it was Boris. I never mentioned voting intentions or the people who influenced my vote.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Happy to answer any question on that subject you want to ask.

I don't really have any questions, i realise people wanted to Remain, i realise and have heard why they wanted to Remain, and it was their decision.
To keep asking and probing and trying to find flaws in those opinions was done prior to the referendum.....which was 8 months ago.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hilarious ! It's as bad as it is because it's as bad as it is not because I mentioned it ! I'll just be more positive then and the manufacturing industry will perk up straight away... tell you what, I'll try and lay some golden eggs too while I'm at it. :facepalm:

You put down the UK almost in every post

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You put down the UK almost in every post

Oh dear maybe I'm peddling FAKE NEWS ! Don't you see the slow collapse of the NHS ? Don't you see the two speed economy ? Don't you wonder how your children or grand-children are going to be able to buy a house of their own ? Do you not see the gig economy ? The trouble is the reality is that modern life in the UK is getting worse... maybe I should do those drugs and go through the Rabbit hole to some amazing fantasy world called Brexit ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Oh dear maybe I'm peddling FAKE NEWS ! Don't you see the slow collapse of the NHS ? Don't you see the two speed economy ? Don't you wonder how your children or grand-children are going to be able to buy a house of their own ? Do you not see the gig economy ? The trouble is the reality is that modern life in the UK is getting worse... maybe I should do those drugs and go through the Rabbit hole to some amazing fantasy world called Brexit ?

Some of us wish you would as even a stuck disney record gets boring!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The truth, which you don't seem to understand, is that leave voters knew that there would likely be some economic downturns, but considered that a price worth paying. It was the remainers all along who were banging on about the economy - and that argument failed to win the day.
But you carry on pointing out to us leavers what we already knew, and kid yourself you are making revelations that will shock us and make us feel bad about voting to leave. We don't!

You don't feel bad because you choose to ignore the inevitable. The sooner you realise that the grass is far less green on the other side perhaps you will crawl back back into the verge of politics and let the grown ups manage the economy. But hey, that ain't gonna happen soon, so you can live with higher inflation and higher interest rates in the medium term and repent at leisure in your dotage. But do not think that those 'remoaning', in your words, will let you forget the mistake you made. Your kids will never say it to your face, but you fxxked up their future too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some of us wish you would as even a stuck disney record gets boring!

Oh sorry, didn't know you were earwigging. any sensible view on my post or is it undeniable ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You don't feel bad because you choose to ignore the inevitable. The sooner you realise that the grass is far less green on the other side perhaps you will crawl back back into the verge of politics and let the grown ups manage the economy. But hey, that ain't gonna happen soon, so you can live with higher inflation and higher interest rates in the medium term and repent at leisure in your dotage. But do not think that those 'remoaning', in your words, will let you forget the mistake you made. Your kids will never say it to your face, but you fxxked up their future too.
Thank you, but I don't have to 'crawl back' anywhere. You can continue, if you wish, to infest these boards using derogatory language to those who have the temerity to disagree with you, but we (at least, me, and many others who all had our own damn good reasons for voting for Brexit) find your sneering rather predictable, and frankly rather sort of not worth bothering about.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Are the grownups the ones who brought us the financial crisis, years of grinding austerity and predicted a recession/ economic armageddon immediately after the vote?

If it turns out we bumble along much like before or even do quite well after we officially leave will you concede you were a tad pessimistic?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here