Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do behave are you suggesting then that 2 of my dads (rip) old pals that i happen to know well were lying about living and working abroad ? one made a go of things in Spain 1971 where his wife followed shortly afterwards, another moved and settled nearby the following year. both are now back and the last time i see them both was at my dads funeral in 2012. as far as i am aware they are both still alive.. would you be prepared to call them a pair of liars to their faces. ?
That's 3 if you include the mrs as well that i know of, there must have been plenty more. no doubt next you'll be applying they settled there illegally.

Grow up.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's complicated and really requires a detailed explanantion so I'd Google it if you are that interested but it basically means if the local authority do not feel you are present enough or do not keep the property in a way they deem suitable they can repossess the building and transfer ownership to the region or they can transfer ownership over to a previous owner who makes a claim. That can, of course be a good thing sometimes but I'll leave you to figure out the reasons it's not great for Brits wanting to own property abroad under likely restrictions bought about by our likely departure from the EU.

You really believe that?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
and meanwhile the Bank of England issues rate increase warning to the mountain of £200bn household because of Brexit;

The £200bn of debt amassed on credit cards, personal loans and car deals is now at the same level it reached before the 2008 financial crisis and there are fears that rises in interest rates could put more households under pressure. Mark Carney, the governor of the Bank of England, warned on Monday that interest rates were likely to rise in response to rising inflation and skills shortages brought on by Brexit that will increase pressure on wages.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/sep/19/public-inquiry-debt-mps-households

but don't let Brexit worry you. It's really going to be ok, honest.

A lot of people are going to lose their shirts, but the Engineers of Brexit will be saved. Who has done well out of Brexit so far?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So growth will slow rapidly to 1.0%, yet inflation higher than it's been for some time, and still rising, with the possibility of increased interest rates. Any economist on here want to wade in on possible outlook for the UK after Brexit. I'd put my money on f*cked, but it'll be ok for the muppet baby boomers who voted for Brexit, they'll be able to return to work and keep us afloat.

D

Deleted member 22389

A lot of people are going to lose their shirts, but the Engineers of Brexit will be saved. Who has done well out of Brexit so far?

I think the EU has done pretty well over the years don't you. How many billions do we pay a year again?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So growth will slow rapidly to 1.0%, yet inflation higher than it's been for some time, and still rising, with the possibility of increased interest rates. Any economist on here want to wade in on possible outlook for the UK after Brexit. I'd put my money on f*cked, but it'll be ok for the muppet baby boomers who voted for Brexit, they'll be able to return to work and keep us afloat.

Considering their 2016 predictions and past failures what makes you think the OECD forecast will be right this time?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think the EU has done pretty well over the years don't you. How many billions do we pay a year again?

About 1% of our output and we get a lot more than that in return.

We spend about 5 times on debt interest and 20 times that on pensions

I'm sure we'll carry on arguing over the 1% for while longer to please Daily Mail readers, meanwhile the clock ticks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What grow up and tell a complete pack of lies like you do you soppy wet doughnut.

As an aside I counted 14 spelling and/or grammatical errors in your post.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

3eu-obr-contributions.png

Would have been £16 Billion for the year we leave. Also interesting to note on those projections we would have probably been paying £350 million + a week in the near future ...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
3eu-obr-contributions.png

Would have been £16 Billion for the year we leave. Also interesting to note on those projections we would have probably been paying £350 million + a week in the near future ...

I am going to cancel my Sky membership. I give them money every month and they don't give me any money back. What a bunch of jokers they are. What? I gain by having sky sports? Oh yes so I do. Paying membership for something gets me access to something that I want.

Using Brexit logic I should cancel my membership and still expect access to sky sports.

We don't pay money for nothing. That point seems to be missed.

Jan 30, 2008
Reducing immigration (already happening) would certainly help whereas continuing with net yearly immigration well over 300,000 (50% ish from the EU) is unlikely to.
NONE OF THE GRIZZLERS HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THOSE LEVELS that's why they can't see a problem, I'M ALRIGHT JACK nobody's infiltrating my cosy neighbourhood???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here