Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

HM Treasury had already predicted we should have lost 500,000 jobs by now, yet we have record employment. Perhaps the Belgian university researchers are better informed or perhaps not. The UK is keen to start trade talks immediately to avoid disruption and minimise future costs whereas the EU are more interested in extracting money to fund their projects/institutions I doubt this report will make any difference to them.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
May's 'bitterly disappointed' over The Bombardier business and now Sir Michael Fallon has said future Boeing defence contracts here could in jeopardy as result. I'm pleased The Conservative v Trump Administration love-in is going so well.

Yes good to see the UK government standing up for UK interests.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not sure about the point of your post. We are always told by Brexiteers that many Labour voters voted for Brexit.
Many Tories didnt want to leave. Are you confused about the subject? Do you believe exiting the EU is a left/right issue?
Im guessing yes, otherwise, your post is even more ludicrous.

On the attack again?Any mention of anti-semitism and you go into nutty mode.I'm not in the slightest bit confused,but you appear to be.Trying to distract attention from the anti-EU policies of the Labour party leadership,and the anti-semitism of many of it's members,by insults and personal attacks,is a sign that you know you have lost.We are leaving the EU,left,right,and centre!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
On the attack again?Any mention of anti-semitism and you go into nutty mode.I'm not in the slightest bit confused,but you appear to be.Trying to distract attention from the anti-EU policies of the Labour party leadership,and the anti-semitism of many of it's members,by insults and personal attacks,is a sign that you know you have lost.We are leaving the EU,left,right,and centre!

On the attack? haha. How precious.
Many of the Labour leadership were in favour of Brexit. Many in the Tory leadership were not in favour.
Youre an idiot.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If we look at state owned railways they include Japan, France, Germany and Switzerland and they all appear to work quite well look at the shambles the UK system is with 24 seoperate operators before you start spouting anti state ownership rhetoric

I can assure you that despite the best efforts of the rail unions,it was far worse before privatisation,and couldn't be afforded any longer.Quite why they didn't manage to retain the man walking in front with a red flag,is a miracle of the age.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
On the attack? haha.
Many of the Labour leadership were in favour of Brexit. Many in the Tory leadership were not in favour.
Youre an idiot.

And you're a loser.We're still leaving!:D

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But Dr. Liam Fox - International Man Of Free Trade - is supposed to be getting us free trade deals after Brexit, that the rest of the world are queuing up to sign with us, not protectionism. 'Free Trade' is his middle name now, not '220% import tariffs'.

We'll get a free trade deal with the US, but it will only be in one direction. AMERICA FIRST

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Re telegraph article. As someone who works with stats that is clever use to try and show that job losses worse in EU. What is the proportion of jobs expected to go? More evidence we need them more.

Most of the jobs that are predicted to be lost in the UK are filled by labour from the EU anyway.So double trouble,for them when the workers go home to pick up benefits.Don't suppose the Eurocrats care though,as long as they get they're EU pensions and expense accounts

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Yes good to see the UK government standing up for UK interests.

So we are standing up to Europe and America. India has said they will set a deal but freedom of movement needed. Who are we actually going to make a deal with rather than "stand up to" ?

Once Corbyn gets his wish and we leave the EU which leads to election then we can become a proper isolationist country with crap lives. Excellent. That will show em.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I can assure you that despite the best efforts of the rail unions,it was far worse before privatisation,and couldn't be afforded any longer.Quite why they didn't manage to retain the man walking in front with a red flag,is a miracle of the age.

I agree a total lack of investment which had nothing to do with state ownership and everything to do with short term politics short term gain

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
For those who don't read the Financial Times, I just thought I'd share this comment, which made me chuckle
DKvE4YpXcAgYYaL.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What have they actually done then?

Ermmm ..

May's 'bitterly disappointed' over The Bombardier business and now Sir Michael Fallon has said future Boeing defence contracts here could in jeopardy as result. I'm pleased The Conservative v Trump Administration love-in is going so well.

A measured first response/warning statement as the final decision on this won't be made till next year.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ermmm ..

A measured first response/warning statement as the final decision on this won't be made till next year.
[MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] put it better. I'm sure they've really sat up and thought again now Michael Fallon has spoken. 'America First' in the bin, I'm sure.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
HM Treasury had already predicted we should have lost 500,000 jobs by now, yet we have record employment. Perhaps the Belgian university researchers are better informed or perhaps not. The UK is keen to start trade talks immediately to avoid disruption and minimise future costs whereas the EU are more interested in extracting money to fund their projects/institutions I doubt this report will make any difference to them.

Surely that was predicated on an immediate trigger of article 50 post the referendum?

The assumptions for this were;
Trade deals were a walk in the park.
The EU would roll over otherwise we would stop buying German cars
We all went down the pub with Nige to spend £350M a week on booze and fags, hence heavy job losses due to sickness and hangovers.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
For those who don't read the Financial Times, I just thought I'd share this comment, which made me chuckle
View attachment 89758

Thought massive perverts read the Guardian?Ah,a light begins to dawn.There's a poster on here who's into Mittelstand.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
See Merkel is kow-towing to the businessmen already-Schnauble gone.I expect the FDP will want the Finance Ministry,so the Greens won't play.If the CSU go,to try and get their lost votes in Bavaria then could be another election soon.Strong and stable?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here