Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The BBC is incredibly biased. It's an appalling mouthpiece for political correctness as well.

Is points of view still on? If so feel free to write in.
I find it amusing that leavers are complaining about lack of coverage.
Seems to be a familiar thread although usually unjustified. What was it a few weeks back - The BBC showing less coverage of a leave march than RT when in fact only about 6 people turned up.

Turning back to this latest grip. You have the current leader of the free world stepping down after 8 years and a forthcoming period of uncettainty with Trump against a short soundbite from the Governor of the BOE.
Rightly in my view the news editor went with the main story.
If you dont like the BBC news and (incorrectly in my view( believe it is biased, why are you watching it when you have ITV news Channel 4 news Sky newd.....to watch instead.

If I was being cynical I would probably say you continue to watch it so that you can moan about it when they give balanced coverage as opposed to pandering to desires.

You won this is what you wanted so stop moaning whiten those teeth and keep smiling its your utopia.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Their factual (as opposed to news coverage) programming is wonderful. I love the BBC. History, nature, documentaries, all very excellent.

I'm a huge fan. Their music stuff, radio and documentaries, are also very good. And something which should never go overlooked is the reputation and standing the BBC has around the world...it is second to none. It really is viewed as the gold standard of broadcasting.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That gushing tribute to President Obama from Nick Bryant on tonight's News at Six was given precisely 3 minutes of prime airtime on BBC One.
In contrast, Mark Carney's remarkable turnabout on Brexit (downgrading its "dangers" and upgrading optimism about the economy) received just less than 9 seconds.
Given the BBC News at Six's extensive and uncritical coverage of Mr Carney's every dire warning about the "dangers" of Brexit in the run-up to the vote and in its immediate aftermath, this skimming-over of the Bank governor's turnabout surely speaks volumes about the BBC's news priorities.

Thought you guys had had enough of experts?

He says now that Brexit is not now seen as the biggest risk to the UK economy, personally I am a bit concerned that there is something that Mark Carney is more worried about than Brexit. I would like to know what that is.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Its funny isn't it? All this 'argument', this entrenched view we have.
We leave. The EU say no market access without free movement.
The leave side say that is a red line we wont accept.
This all equals a Brexit that is final. Call that whatever noun you care to choose.
Therefore it WILL be wto rules. If they want to trade. A starting point.
The EU will suffer there is no denying that.
Will we, yeah I guess we will to a degree (that could be an argument!)

It looks like it is going that way, but early days yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought you guys had had enough of experts?

Quite. Its almost as though they dismiss opinion leaders when they don't agree with them and support them when they do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most have had enough, especially since "the experts" and their supporters that bang on about the bad outcome of Brexit, seem to be ending up with a bit of egg on their faces.

I think it's a bit early to claim your victory. The BoE has been pumping money into the economy since last June and the government is borrowing like crazy to shore up the economy. And it seems sweetheart deals are being struck with specific companies. None of this can go on forever. Let's wait and see what happens eh?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Quite. Its almost as though they dismiss opinion leaders when they don't agree with them and support them when they do.

Coo.I wonder which faction we learned that from,then.???

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
That gushing tribute to President Obama from Nick Bryant on tonight's News at Six was given precisely 3 minutes of prime airtime on BBC One.
In contrast, Mark Carney's remarkable turnabout on Brexit (downgrading its "dangers" and upgrading optimism about the economy) received just less than 9 seconds.
Given the BBC News at Six's extensive and uncritical coverage of Mr Carney's every dire warning about the "dangers" of Brexit in the run-up to the vote and in its immediate aftermath, this skimming-over of the Bank governor's turnabout surely speaks volumes about the BBC's news priorities.

:clap2: spot on

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think it's a bit early to claim your victory. The BoE has been pumping money into the economy since last June and the government is borrowing like crazy to shore up the economy. And it seems sweetheart deals are being struck with specific companies. None of this can go on forever. Let's wait and see what happens eh?

Not claiming a victory, far from it, just that the end of the UK was forecast from the off, the experts on remain were so sure, the bedwetters then and now are out in force.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Most have had enough, especially since "the experts" and their supporters that bang on about the bad outcome of Brexit, seem to be ending up with a bit of egg on their faces.

Strange then that you want more air time for his current predictions on the outcome of Brexit, which in fact, yesterday, was only a prediction that his next prediction would be more optimistic than his last prediction.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

More like an entire omelette.

Also not sure pointing out 'experts' are changing their tune as reality fails to meet their doomsday predictions is quite the same thing as supporting them now. Loved the way Carney/ BofE tried to claim credit for averting armageddon though ... shameless.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its funny isn't it? All this 'argument', this entrenched view we have.
We leave. The EU say no market access without free movement.
The leave side say that is a red line we wont accept.
This all equals a Brexit that is final. Call that whatever noun you care to choose.
Therefore it WILL be wto rules. If they want to trade. A starting point.
The EU will suffer there is no denying that.
Will we, yeah I guess we will to a degree (that could be an argument!)

I think you are right, the PM has said that she wants no freedom of labour movement, and so access to the free market will not be available.

There will be some winners and some losers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
IMG_20170112_111851.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not claiming a victory, far from it, just that the end of the UK was forecast from the off, the experts on remain were so sure, the bedwetters then and now are out in force.

The experts are still sure, it is going to hurt. What they did get wrong was that they expected Britain to start bringing it's knees together in anticipation of the kick in the balls they are likely to get, they had not factored in that those daft enough to vote leave, were also daft enough to stand there with their legs wide open, and believe that because the harder they kick our balls, the more their foot will ache, they won't kick us very hard at all.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here