Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Been busy today so not been keeping up. I presume there's been some name calling and resident saloon-bar-bore [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] has told us yet again, in his usual simple way, that exchange rates can fluctuate. But if there's anything beyond this can someone summarise for me?

You're a nause mate ...............

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quite. Her inaugural speech was genuinely cause for optimism. Well, it would've been if she'd meant ANY of it. Turned out to all be complete bollocks.
The lobby groups of big business will always keep enough Tory MP's on their side in order to prevent any change in the status quo. Big business excels at exploiting workers and keeping money away from the HMRC so that money flows upwards as ever.

Whenever she suggests doing anything for "The JAM'S, "Those left Behind " Those who feel Capitalism Does Not Work For Them " and now today, those suffering from mental health issues all that is on offer is a financial sticking plaster or a redistribution of the current budget. She has no policy that will make any realistic change to many peoples lives and sadly, even if Brexit works, there will be little or any improvement for those at the bottom.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

1) I'm not your mate.
2) I'm no more "nause" than you, especially with your lauding it chest-puffing posts from earlier today.
3) You must be the only man in history who came to Berlin and couldn't find a party. This is a bit like going to Amsterdam and not being able to score some blow. I therefore cant take you too seriously especially when you start turning in Phil Mitchell; nause wtf.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
1) I'm not your mate.
2) I'm no more "nause" than you, especially with your lauding it chest-puffing posts from earlier today.
3) You must be the only man in history who came to Berlin and couldn't find a party. This is a bit like going to Amsterdam and not being able to score some blow. I therefore cant take you too seriously especially when you start turning in Phil Mitchell; nause wtf.

Listen, you're a nause, the others in your nerdy gang are sometimes funny, a little mad and no doubt in denial but you are a grade 'A' nause ......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Listen, you're a nause, the others in your nerdy gang are sometimes funny, a little mad and no doubt in denial but you are a grade 'A' nause ......

Whatever grandad. Put me on ignore then.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Been busy today so not been keeping up. I presume there's been some name calling and resident saloon-bar-bore [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] has told us yet again, in his usual simple way, that exchange rates can fluctuate. But if there's anything beyond this can someone summarise for me?

Not much has happened really. I have avoided answering any questions, studio 150 can still see into the future as can Baldseagull, Nibble has not emigrated yet.... and we have had no input from posters who do not live here.

D

Deleted member 22389

The lobby groups of big business will always keep enough Tory MP's on their side in order to prevent any change in the status quo. Big business excels at exploiting workers and keeping money away from the HMRC so that money flows upwards as ever.

Whenever she suggests doing anything for "The JAM'S, "Those left Behind " Those who feel Capitalism Does Not Work For Them " and now today, those suffering from mental health issues all that is on offer is a financial sticking plaster or a redistribution of the current budget. She has no policy that will make any realistic change to many peoples lives and sadly, even if Brexit works, there will be little or any improvement for those at the bottom.

And neither does any other party i'm afraid. This is the way it is, as it is across many other countries across the world apart from say China, India. You have to go with it. Getting out of the EU will the best thing we can ever do, because it is their stupid laws that has added to making it harder for people to get on. Another thing Brexit does is promote more British made products. If he had a better manufacturing base we would be less reliant on these stupid banks. Now is our chance.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
1) I'm not your mate.

You and I have very different political views, but you are certainly not a nause.

Can't people just play nicely on this thread?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
1) I'm not your mate.

Come on HT , "nause" is an acceptable word , if a bit bloke ish, however I'm not saying it applies to you , however the "whatever grandad" comment , really :lolol: I'm pissing myself as I'm typing this ,and I think I can hear the early 70s asking for its abusive term back :lolol: you weren't wearing a tie dye t shirt when you typed that were you ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And neither does any other party i'm afraid. This is the way it is, as it is across many other countries across the world apart from say China, India. You have to go with it. Getting out of the EU will the best thing we can ever do, because it is their stupid laws that has added to making it harder for people to get on. Another thing Brexit does is promote more British made products. If he had a better manufacturing base we would be less reliant on these stupid banks. Now is our chance.

Please give details of those stupid laws, obviously ignoring all those ones about safe working conditions, PPE, and maximum hours working and standardised product safety requirements.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Come on HT , "nause" is an acceptable word , if a bit bloke ish, however I'm not saying it applies to you , however the "whatever grandad" comment , really :lolol: I'm pissing myself as I'm typing this ,and I think I can hear the early 70s asking for its abusive term back :lolol: you weren't wearing a tie dye t shirt when you typed that were you ?

No tie-dye, I have my kaftan on today. Is it a 70s term? "Whatever" is a go-to assertion for when I can't be arsed anymore...and I popped grandad on the end to personalise it a bit. I guess I'm too young to know. :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You and I have very different political views, but you are certainly not a nause.

Can't people just play nicely on this thread?

It's funny,borderline hilarious at times,we all support Albion though and that's all that really matters as for the rest of it.....

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Please give details of those stupid laws, obviously ignoring all those ones about safe working conditions, PPE, and maximum hours working and standardised product safety requirements.

You talk like the EU came up with original laws for working conditions. :lolol: You confuse 'laws' for regulations. The main tenants of the EU are the problem not the periphery concern.

How the EU affects your life

For a thousand years the United Kingdom was free, independent and trading with the rest of the known world.

For the past 42 years, the United Kingdom has been part of the European Union (EEC and EC). The UK’s ability to act as a nation state is being increasingly constricted to the point where the EU now dominates the UK. Some independence is left, importantly the British currency, but every day more power and more control ebbs away to Brussels.

Since the days of Edward Heath in the 1970s, all British governments of whichever party have assumed and continue to assume that Britain must be at the heart of Europe. They even claim that the UK can have a positive influence, beyond its limited voting powers, to change the EU for the better, that is towards a free market group of nations co-operating together.

The UK cannot.

Europhiles maintain loudly that the UK is too small to prosper outside the EU, too small to go it alone. Yet that belies our history, it belies the facts of our global trade and it belies the strength of our country. It is also an insult to most countries of the world, smaller than the UK, which remain independent and free. Propagandists claim the EU will safeguard peace in Europe, yet creating a political and economic union of disparate and diverse countries within a generation or two creates fissures and tensions that could erupt into serious and widespread civil unrest and has already done so in Greece.

Europhiles say that the advantages of being inside the EU are so obvious that they are not willing even to discuss what life might be like outside the EU. They try to shut down debate by refusing to engage. Yet the financial costs alone are huge, the regulatory costs restrict and even destroy British trade, farming and fishing. It is no exaggeration to say that more than a million jobs have been lost because of Britain’s membership of the EU. How much more than a million? No one knows. No meaningful cost-benefit analysis has ever been done.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You talk like the EU came up with original laws for working conditions. :lolol: You confuse 'laws' for regulations. The main tenants of the EU are the problem not the periphery concern.

How the EU affects your life

For a thousand years the United Kingdom was free, independent and trading with the rest of the known world.

For the past 42 years, the United Kingdom has been part of the European Union (EEC and EC). The UK’s ability to act as a nation state is being increasingly constricted to the point where the EU now dominates the UK. Some independence is left, importantly the British currency, but every day more power and more control ebbs away to Brussels.

Since the days of Edward Heath in the 1970s, all British governments of whichever party have assumed and continue to assume that Britain must be at the heart of Europe. They even claim that the UK can have a positive influence, beyond its limited voting powers, to change the EU for the better, that is towards a free market group of nations co-operating together.

The UK cannot.

Europhiles maintain loudly that the UK is too small to prosper outside the EU, too small to go it alone. Yet that belies our history, it belies the facts of our global trade and it belies the strength of our country. It is also an insult to most countries of the world, smaller than the UK, which remain independent and free. Propagandists claim the EU will safeguard peace in Europe, yet creating a political and economic union of disparate and diverse countries within a generation or two creates fissures and tensions that could erupt into serious and widespread civil unrest and has already done so in Greece.

Europhiles say that the advantages of being inside the EU are so obvious that they are not willing even to discuss what life might be like outside the EU. They try to shut down debate by refusing to engage. Yet the financial costs alone are huge, the regulatory costs restrict and even destroy British trade, farming and fishing. It is no exaggeration to say that more than a million jobs have been lost because of Britain’s membership of the EU. How much more than a million? No one knows. No meaningful cost-benefit analysis has ever been done.

10/10 and a gold star. You have succesfully copied and pasted from the freedom association.

Maybe some thoughts of your own may have been better

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Why? They said what I would like to say anyway..........:rolleyes:

Anyhow we are so far apart with our views I really don't care what you think. :wave:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
10/10 and a gold star. You have succesfully copied and pasted from the freedom association.

Maybe some thoughts of your own may have been better

I think he has given a little bit of his own thought, right at the top, not sure who the main tenants of the EU are though, or why they are the main problem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here