Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So was I and nor is mine. Your characterisation of the campaign is batty to be honest. Presumably you're including Enoch Powell among your pinko-lefties.

No, he was the fall back demon for those who said, yes, they would vote the same way as Anthony Wedgwood-Benn. "Oh,, you're a fascist, right wing racist then?" Were you really not bright enough to see that? I only ask that because I wonder about the sanity of anyone who suggests that anyone would include Enoch Powell in a list of pinko-lefties.
It appears that you couldn't recognise a dirty campaign back then any better than you could this time round. Still, calling people who disagree with you batty certainly adds weight and credibility to your argument..........

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
most people decided they wanted out of the eu long before the referendum.

The early polls suggest otherwise, it started out heavily in favour of remain, leave made some headway, but really gained ground when they pushed immigration issues.

Jan 30, 2008
Come on now, our future success as a trading nation depends on who we can do deals with so who have you got in mind? Are you thinking of small countries like Chad or bigger ones like Australia? I think we should do a deal with the EU personally - you've said you disagree with this so tell us who. You mentioned Albania and Montenegro - are they among the ones you are thinking of?
i'm not striking up trade deals so who knows who it will be , forget about your EU dream it's finished FFS
regards
DR

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The early polls suggest otherwise, it started out heavily in favour of remain, leave made some headway, but really gained ground when remain just kept banging on about the economy and trade, and nothing else whatsoever (because nothing else mattered).
Corrected for you.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No, he was the fall back demon for those who said, yes, they would vote the same way as Anthony Wedgwood-Benn. "Oh,, you're a fascist, right wing racist then?" Were you really not bright enough to see that? I only ask that because I wonder about the sanity of anyone who suggests that anyone would include Enoch Powell in a list of pinko-lefties.
It appears that you couldn't recognise a dirty campaign back then any better than you could this time round. Still, calling people who disagree with you batty certainly adds weight and credibility to your argument..........
Oh sweet lord. My refererence to Enoch Powell was an ironic reference to your suggestion that the campaign was all about pinko-lefties. I wasn't seriously suggesting that Powell was one for heaven's sake. And read my post again - I didn't say that you were batty, merely that your description of the campaign was. It's the same difference as between claiming somebody said something foolish and calling them a fool.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's this pessimism that could ruin our economy, which then gives them a reason to try and block Brexit at the very end. I know the game. Bunch of undemocratic bad fing loser politicians.

There is a very big difference between preaching doom so that you can say “we told you so” and trying to make the best of a situation which many of us did not wish to see. To do the latter we need the administration managing it to give us something to work with…. like actual plans. The people that I work alongside fall very much in the latter camp but get totally pissed off when every attempt to ask an awkward question gets shouted down with an accusation of being a remoaner. We are leaving , you won, but don't let paranoia paralyse debate and scrutiny....we all know where that leads.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Do we understand that Farage is now claiming that the Westminster horror is an immigration issue? Are there no depths to which this person won't sink?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do we understand that Farage is now claiming that the Westminster horror is an immigration issue? Are there no depths to which this person won't sink?

It has parallels in history in that we obviously need to go back to parents and grandparents. Where any of these are immigrants it must follow in the UKIP mind that both children and grandchildren must also be immigrants.

It would be frightening if they were anywhere near being in power.

On a different tract I wonder what leavers think of the Government looking to use powers from Henry VIII to wave through legislation on leaving the EU without giving Parliament the opportunity to debate the changes. Is Mrs May on her way to becoming a dictator or is it the will of the people to do away with democracy.

D

Deleted member 22389

It has parallels in history in that we obviously need to go back to parents and grandparents. Where any of these are immigrants it must follow in the UKIP mind that both children and grandchildren must also be immigrants.

It would be frightening if they were anywhere near being in power.

On a different tract I wonder what leavers think of the Government looking to use powers from Henry VIII to wave through legislation on leaving the EU without giving Parliament the opportunity to debate the changes. Is Mrs May on her way to becoming a dictator or is it the will of the people to do away with democracy.

That's what the EU has been doing to us for years. Feel like your using control, that's what Leavers have felt for the last 15-20 years.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Soon we shall be able to plot our own destiny.

Out of interest what are the key items you're looking for in the forthcoming negotiations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here