Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
There is nothing "sinister" in wanting immigration controlled.

There is if you pretend to be an impartial immigration watchdog, and then cherry pick only the evidence that shows negative impacts of immigration while completely ignoring any research that shows any neutral or even positive effects of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sinister in that they claim to be impartial yet have a clear anti-immigration right wing agenda. Which obviously resonates with you given your knee-jerk reactionary post refuting my suggestion.
So, concern about immigration is always and exclusively right wing, eh? Well, of course - you don't agree with it, so it must be!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Will that extend to NSC?

Not for me to answer...from an opinion point of view though,i would not like to see an "away" end...and feel the current policing is adequate.....besides there is the ignore and report post options and individuals can also help..

No, i welcome away fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
where is this fabled EU financial centre going to arise? Paris, Frankfurt, Dublin, Warsaw, Luxembourg? all have an eye on the trade, you think the EU, the political entity that cant even settle on a single parliament building, will be able to determine a single location? and in a couple of years? without the critical mass of a single centre it would prove difficult to shift to one, so the role be left to one of the existing financial centres (London, Singapore or New York). theres the point of the article, the EU members themselves recognise they need to access the markets effectively and not cut off access to spite themselves, and those markets are already in London.

Yes, difficult, but at least there is a potential reward attached to the risks for them.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I had lunch hour with two people whose job is in clearing sales for a large bank , they Augher when I brought up the possibility of London losing the clearing business , there is nowhere in Europe capable of handling it.

Not currently.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well if he's got a Turkish name what do you f*cking think ?

Given he was born in 1948 when Cyprus was Cyprus and not split between Republic of Crypus and northern Cyprus who knows.
Or is he a British subject given he was born before independence.
If Brirish then the historicname has no relevence

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes, difficult, but at least there is a potential reward attached to the risks for them.

Difficult is an understatement, and belies your lack of understanding of the financial services industry and the associated markets.

One of the critical reasons that the UK is a global financial hub is the legal system, which is based on common law. The UK legal system is trusted and is aligned with the US common law. Common law is the underlying law in all the major global financial markets and sets the legal framework for the governance of companies. This legal system is trusted and desired, its why many global companies list on the stock markets, in those countries, principally NY, HK and LON.

The legal system in Europe is not, it does not come close..........notwithstanding the technical architecture they could not produce a credible legal system. You are on the losing side on this one (again).

Give up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here