Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you were voting for the country and your chikdrens future you would not have voted to leave.

No, you still don't get it. I will state 3 (three) actual facts for you (in bold); you still won't believe them - it's beyond your ability to see outside your mind-set to do so. Nonetheless, each of my three statements is an actual fact.

If you were voting for the country (I was) and your chikdrens [sic] future (I was) you would not have voted to leave (I did).

Yes, bounce in 10 years I said - hopefully beyond your next wave of blind panic. The sun will still rise...............

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In theory, all that superior education Remainers like to remind us about in surveys should lead to more tolerance, understanding and open-mindedness with people willing to accept the result and give Brexit a chance before writing it off. In reality, most die-hard Remainers on this thread have been squealing from day one, deriding people who have a different view and spouting, condescending, disingenuous drivel. No surprise then that the response is often equally terse.

Even Tony Blair admits it's possible he might be wrong about Brexit although he thinks Brexit + Corbyn government = we're Doomed.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In theory, all that superior education Remainers like to remind us about in surveys should lead to more tolerance, understanding and open-mindedness with people willing to accept the result and give Brexit a chance before writing it off. In reality, most die-hard Remainers on this thread have been squealing from day one, deriding people who have a different view and spouting, condescending, disingenuous drivel. No surprise then that the response is often equally terse.

Even Tony Blair admits it's possible he might be wrong about Brexit although he thinks Brexit + Corbyn government = we're Doomed.

Just Corbyn on his own and were nadgered. The dive to the bottom would accelerate to warp speed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Just Corbyn on his own and were nadgered. The dive to the bottom would accelerate to warp speed.

Wrong Just Brexit on its own.

Its not giving it a chance its just raising conerns that are likely to ensure that the country is worse off.

It now seems that the transitional period that Mrs May announced in her Florence speech is off the table until sufficient progress has been made on the Irish border etc.
A cliff edge fall is looming.

If the sky has turned black and there is thunder rumbling in the distance I will be cautious and ecpect rain.
Leavers on the other hand are dismissive of anyone who says it might rain insisting that the sun is shinning brighter than ever and we should all leave our brollies and coats at home.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
are you confessing to your suppressed fantasies for Amber Rudd? you do seem very obsessed with her, time to come out of denial about it?

:sick:

Never a dull moment with her though - I heard yesterday she wont now be launching a leadership bid as her private polling has confirmed she couldn't win a vote amongst the blue rinsers, doesn't want to touch Brexit with a barge poll and will now stand in Hastings & Rye at the next election. Even Activate are now trying to take on the cool kids of Momentum in Hastings by launching some online campaign on her behalf, containing pictures like the one below. She's obviously decided to leave Hastings then. Never mind.

(With stuff like this, it's pretty obvious they want to lose too. :facepalm:)

bmx.JPG

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That Amber Rudd has a certain something though, I can see why you are obssesed.

I'm not the only one - there's an awful lot of people justifiably obsessed about that woman in Hastings - Kids committing politically motivated criminal damage and the ranks of the Hastings & Rye Labour Party and Momentum Hastings growing all the time toward the unstoppable surge of a triumphant Comrade Council Leader Peter Chowney, or 'Pete' as Jeremy Corbyn calls him, evicting Amber Rudd and Hastings & Rye having it's very own bearded and beige jacket wearing parliamentarian, meaning dog owners in Hastings can walk their pets safe in the knowledge their MP isn't going to spank them.

A certain something. :facepalm: Look at her face - she's shameless.

[tweet]915350059750952960[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm not the only one - there's an awful lot of people justifiably obsessed about that woman in Hastings - Kids committing politically motivated criminal damage and the ranks of the Hastings & Rye Labour Party and Momentum Hastings growing all the time toward the unstoppable surge of a triumphant Comrade Council Leader Peter Chowney, or 'Pete' as Jeremy Corbyn calls him, evicting Amber Rudd and Hastings & Rye having it's very own bearded and beige jacket wearing parliamentarian, meaning dog owners in Hastings can walk their pets safe in the knowledge their MP isn't going to spank them.

A certain something. :facepalm: Look at her face - she's shameless.

[tweet]915350059750952960[/tweet]

What crime has she actually committed against the people of Hastings for you to hate her so much?.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What crime has she actually committed against the people of Hastings for you to hate her so much?.

Her 'business' activities and those of her family and her links to the magic money trees in the offshore forests of the Caribbean, as well as her attitude to Brexit and other peoples dogs are well known. I even read today she's perfectly happy to drag her feet in regards to leaving the common fisheries policy, so perhaps you should also direct your question to fellow Brexit voting Hastings fishermen and see what their response is - it certainly wont be as polite as mine and I'm not nails enough to go drinking in The Nelson later to ask them on your behalf.

Never mind the fact that some in her own Conservative and Unionist Association regard her as a pinko, neo-liberal, metropolitan, remoaning, arrogant, haughty, feminist who owned and humiliated their superhero Boris in that debate and potentially jeopardised them holding on to Hastings & Rye through her backing passionate backing of remain, when they wanted her to take a neutral stance like Huw Merriman did over the border in Bexhill & Battle. Her real crimes against the people of Hastings are all laid out in this notorious interview she gave - https://www.ft.com/content/97b6f7e6-ad46-11e2-b27f-00144feabdc0

The context they may-or-may not have been said in does not matter a jot - she said these things:

“I wanted to be within two hours of London and I could see we were going to win it.”

“You get people who are on benefits, who prefer to be on benefits by the seaside. They’re not moving down here to get a job, they’re moving down here to have easier access to friends and drugs and drink."

“When it comes to a general election, I really don’t think they’ll still be thinking about anal sex”

“Hastings used to be this beautiful, refined seaside place.”

“If the worst comes to the worst, it’s been a great five years.”

We all know what she really thinks of us in Hastings. We've all had the misfortune of meeting her at one time or another. Like me in Sainsbury's, to a traumatised waitress in the old town who once told me about the time her and Kwasi Kwarteng MP came into her place of work and she had to serve 2 Conservative & Unionist MP's dinner on a quiet midweek evening (Apparently Amber Rudd likes her coffee like her men though)

It's best summed up by the legend that is, ordinary working class Folkestone single mother of 4 and adopted daughter of Hastings, Michelle Dorrell, who said to her on Question Time: Amber Rudd - shame on you.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Exactly, if only we only had your knowledge, wisdom and ultimately your arrogance we might have lost the referendum too.

I'm mainly sitting here watching all this going on at the moment. The way I see it the Brexit process is just sort of commenting on itself at the moment. Mind you, I still wouldn't mind a reply to post 36882. You may have missed it. Thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are just reverting to the typical avid Remainers position that Brexiteers couldnt possibly understand why we were wrong to vote Leave and only if we listened to the Remain more considerately then we might accept how stupid we were and understand our mistake, of course you will get a few pats on the back from the usual suspects, those posters that relentlessly ridicule anything Brexit, most aspects of Brexit have been done to death even prior to the referendum and you guys continue to bang on about the virtues of an EU we voted to leave.

Brevity really isn't your strong point, is it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here he is, thought you might be defending your smug 'strong and stable' thread that backfired ...........

Election, coalition talks, government announced. This is the usual procedure. And this is what seems to be happening. Alles gut.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No no... The sunlit uplands await.

Surprised this thread is so quiet after May's re-assuring speech yesterday, the point of which, ive no clue.

D

Deleted member 22389

EU doesn't listen, EU will never change, so remainers say it is better to stay in and reform from inside, that doesn't work either. End of story. Nothing works with the EU.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
EU doesn't listen, EU will never change, so remainers say it is better to stay in and reform from inside, that doesn't work either. End of story. Nothing works with the EU.

No, its better to **** up the countries economy for decades
Would have thought that after decades of anti EU gumflapping by, particularly members of the Tories, one of them may have stopped blustering and actually put some sort of plan together.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Why you bothering trying to negotiate an exit deal then? Why not walk now?

D

Deleted member 22389

No, its better to **** up the countries economy for decades

What's the situation with the Czech Republic and migrant quotas, are the EU still bullying the country in to accepting it? Where is the freedom to say no and not be threatened. That's EU all over isn't it, don't do as your told, we will make your life difficult.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
https://twitter.com/petenorth303/status/917504922584780800

Read the thread. Couldn’t accuse this guy of being a remoaner and yet all he sees is doom and gloom.

I can't see the EU agreeing a transition period unless they know what we are transitioning to, and I can't see that getting done in time, it will probably end up to be no deal if she insists on this. There are a couple of escape routes left though.
We could instead ask for an extension to membership, whilst negotiations continue, I think the EU would be able to give agreement to this as it maintains our contributions and their access to our banking system and market. Saves up problems for the future but could allow time for a GE to take place, not a snap one where all parties were making up policy on the hoof, one where each party can properly lay out what it's aims for Brexit and everything else are.

Or, Parliament could hold a no confidence vote and force a GE, would require some big balls from pro EU and the more sane Brexiteer Torys though, as they would be risking their own seats. Messier and as likely to produce more chaos as more clarity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here