Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Surely,history,since we have been in the EU,states that there were just a few Nazis oppressing 46 million brave German freedom-fighters,and they are all jolly fine people now?

Part of your job is done. Posts like this, and so many before it, clearly indicate the thinking, beliefs and conceptions that have gone into your decision to vote Leave.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
None of the remainers seem keen on drawing attention to today's strong retail figures,perhaps because they are way stronger than the 'experts' predicted.What a surprise!
As for property in France,once you have paid officialdom to deal with your property transfers/sales,they are legally responsible for anything going wrong.Nothing is any more complicated than British property,for which you employ a solicitor anyway.Wonder what property purchases in independent Catalonia will be like?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
None of the remainers seem keen on drawing attention to today's strong retail figures,perhaps because they are way stronger than the 'experts' predicted.What a surprise!
As for property in France,once you have paid officialdom to deal with your property transfers/sales,they are legally responsible for anything going wrong.Nothing is any more complicated than British property,for which you employ a solicitor anyway.Wonder what property purchases in independent Catalonia will be like?

You and I clealry have different experiences of owning property in France.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You and I clealry have different experiences of owning property in France.

Actually,been helping my brother-in-law with his sale.Only problem was traces of Capricorn infestation when the termite survey was done.Very efficiently sorted in a day for 800 euros!:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

The most important thing we can do more than anything else in this country is try and boost manufacturing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Actually,been helping my brother-in-law with his sale.Only problem was traces of Capricorn infestation when the termite survey was done.Very efficiently sorted in a day for 800 euros!:thumbsup:

Good for him. My experience and that of most poeple is that property ownership in France is a frigging nightmare. My assesment of your BIL's experience is that nothing has gone wrong................yet.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The most important thing we can do more than anything in this country is try and boost manufacturing.

Agreed.Hope that chap from Ineos gets his plans sorted to build the new Defender in this country (Projekt Grenadier).Lots of space been offered on empty European production lines.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
No they weren't. This tiresome argument has been done to death on this thread already. So either you're ingnorant, stupid or willfully ignoring the facts. Or maybe we have a very different interpretation of what "free" means. Which is it?
Do behave are you suggesting then that 2 of my dads (rip) old pals that i happen to know well were lying about living and working abroad ? one made a go of things in Spain 1971 where his wife followed shortly afterwards, another moved and settled nearby the following year. both are now back and the last time i see them both was at my dads funeral in 2012. as far as i am aware they are both still alive.. would you be prepared to call them a pair of liars to their faces. ?
That's 3 if you include the mrs as well that i know of, there must have been plenty more. no doubt next you'll be applying they settled there illegally.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The most important thing we can do more than anything else in this country is try and boost manufacturing.

I think you've said this before so please forgive me if I quote the good professor again: “Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly eliminate manufacturing, leaving mainly industries such as design, marketing and hi-tech. But this shouldn’t scare us." Patrick Minford, one of the few leading economists to actively support the Vote Leave campaign.

(We're on the same side in wanting the proportion of British employees working manufacturing to revive though. A few years ago Matthew Parris wrote a despairing piece in The Times on the subject. Various experts, all of the right and most apparently sceptical of the European model, wrote to say he was quite wrong - that in a modern post-industrial nation like the UK or US manufacturing just didn't matter. The arguments rumbled on for a while until a reader from Germany wrote to describe the fundamental effect the presence of a successful manufacturer had on a local community's sense of wellbeing and worth. The debate stopped right there.)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London

and meanwhile the Bank of England issues rate increase warning to the mountain of £200bn household because of Brexit;

The £200bn of debt amassed on credit cards, personal loans and car deals is now at the same level it reached before the 2008 financial crisis and there are fears that rises in interest rates could put more households under pressure. Mark Carney, the governor of the Bank of England, warned on Monday that interest rates were likely to rise in response to rising inflation and skills shortages brought on by Brexit that will increase pressure on wages.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/sep/19/public-inquiry-debt-mps-households

but don't let Brexit worry you. It's really going to be ok, honest.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Don't forget the 'destroyed our children's futures' grizzling :wink:

I'd never say that. Who did? Perhaps you're getting confused about people saying that leaving the EU will make it harder for young people to live, work and study across Europe.

Many remainers - me included - voted as we did because we honestly felt it was in our children's interests. Why do you regard that as grizzling?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'd never say that. Who did? Perhaps you're getting confused about people saying that leaving the EU will make it harder for young people to live, work and study across Europe.

Many remainers - me included - voted as we did because we honestly felt it was in our children's interests. Why do you regard that as grizzling?

Seen it written at least once read back through the thread especially the time after the result. Would you prefer the term Hyporbolic crap?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here